SubscriberRuss
Site Ideas 03 Nov '22 11:04
  1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Nov '22 11:042 edits
    A little update.

The web site is receiving all the attention for the time being - a significant refactoring process underway which keeps pushing everything in right direction.

Nearly every page will be revisited in some form, so the UI will be slightly different about the site.

I understand that change is not always appreciated (at least initially, anyway), so it should not result in a dramatically different UI.

Anyway, if you have any UI issues/suggestions - now is a great time to propose them!

* A beta / preview will definitely be available anyway to thrash out any issues. Timing for this is unclear right now.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Nov '22 15:19
    @Russ
    There has been some discussion about providing a more visible link to the settings section, which is currently just a few threads down below this thread. You might want to just take a look at it and see what you think.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Nov '22 05:39
    On a game page, maybe make the "Skip game for now" button take effect for about 20 or 30 minutes per game, so that skipped games don't keep coming up in the rotation after one has already skipped them?

One could of course always revisit them through the "My Games" button/list.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Nov '22 11:001 edit
    @mwmiller said
    @Russ
    There has been some discussion about providing a more visible link to the settings section, which is currently just a few threads down below this thread. You might want to just take a look at it and see what you think.
    Yes, sorry, I did mean to mention that. For later reference : Thread 194725
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Nov '22 09:051 edit
    @Russ

Please display board coordinates when inserting a board or game from FEN or PGN into a post. Thx.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Dec '22 19:30
    @russ said
    A little update.

The web site is receiving all the attention for the time being - a significant refactoring process underway which keeps pushing everything in right direction.

Nearly every page will be revisited in some form, so the UI will be slightly different about the site.

I understand that change is not always appreciated (at least initially, anyway), so it sho ...[text shortened]... will definitely be available anyway to thrash out any issues. Timing for this is unclear right now.
    Enjoy your well deserved holiday vacation.
  7. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    28 Dec '22 19:43
    The Games Explorer is a great feature that I use a lot to see what openings a new opponent likes to use. Perhaps the Master Class database can be expanded … How often does the RHP players database get updated? TY
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Jan '23 18:20
    @mlb62

This will happen. Apologies for the delays on this, as this has been promised before, but the whole feature will benefit from the work currently in progress.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree