Settings link

Settings link

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
21 Sep 22

A link to the settings page would be more readily obvious if you add a 'settings' link spelled out in text, and locate it next to the 'Help' link, which is seen in plain sight as you look at the second navigation bar, which currently has a 'home' icon, followed by New Game, Forums, Clubs, Clans, Community, Help. Many of these are also already on the top navigation bar, with both icons and text.

I see that new members and some not so new members are not familiar with how to get to the settings section of the website, so I think this suggestion would be helpful for everyone concerned!

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
22 Sep 22

@mwmiller
I see that new members and some not so new members are not familiar with how to get to the settings section of the website, so I think this suggestion would be helpful for everyone concerned!
Good idea.I've observed this as well

Moves
23 Sep 22

I suppose it doesn't help that, even in the drop-down with all your pages at the top right, My Settings is a different style from the rest of the useful options, and more similar to Sign Out.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
23 Sep 22

@Shallow-Blue
You can also get to the settings pages by clicking on the 'site map' link at the bottom of the page. But the link still would be more "findable" if it were placed right next to the "Help" link, and use a text title to identify it.

It would be fine to leave the current settings links in place where they are now, but just add a settings link next to the help link.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
28 Oct 22

@venda said
Good idea.I've observed this as well
Yes, It's currently a little harder to find, so would be a benifit to put it where it is visible.
The settings link should definitely be easier to see.

Australia

Moves
29 Oct 22

One of those little gearwheel/sprocket things that everybody uses for settings nowadays. Maybe next to the A accessibility icon.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
30 Oct 22

@kewpie said
One of those little gearwheel/sprocket things that everybody uses for settings nowadays. Maybe next to the A accessibility icon.
Good point! That icon is commonly associated with settings. There is plenty of room in the location you mentioned too.