1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 16:43
    @russ said
    I'll stick to my multidimensional arrays, and leave that stuff to the academics.
    Does this mean I could change my "Very Rusty" to something else and still keep my stats? I remember asking years ago if I could do this and you told me I would lose all my stats if I did!

-VR
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 17:08
    @Very-Rusty

There was a "no name change unless real-world name was used" policy.

Now, yes, you can change your name, but there are conditions, and your old name is visible for 30 days, so you can't just pretend to just be a new user with a new name.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 17:46
    @russ said
    @Very-Rusty

Now, yes, you can change your name, but there are conditions, and your old name is visible for 30 days, so you can't just pretend to just be a new user with a new name.
    I want to make sure I understand this before doing it though. I would now NOT lose my stats that I have acquired. Not trying to hide out, just that new players think I am being deceiving by calling myself "Very Rusty", not that my rating is great anyways.

I just would like to make sure I will have the stats I took years to acquire.

-VR
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 17:58
    Your account will be identical, just a name change.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 17:591 edit
    @Very-Rusty,

I'm not sure you need a name change for the reason stated though, although it is entirely your choice.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 18:11
    @russ said
    @Very-Rusty,

I'm not sure you need a name change for the reason stated though, although it is entirely your choice.
    So you don't agree it appears I am being deceiving with the name? I play better now then I did in 2006 even with my set backs you may or may not be aware about.

That was my reason.......So perhaps I should give it some more thought.

-VR
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Mar '21 15:07
    @Russ
    Thank you for adding the option.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 03:21
    @russ said
    @Very-Rusty

You can if you don't post for 30 days πŸ˜‰
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 18:30
    @trev33 said
    You can if you don't post for 30 days πŸ˜‰
    And you are being silly, I'll quit posting for 30 days if you do the same! I've went for longer before. πŸ™‚

-VR
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 22:58
    @very-rusty said
    And you are being silly, I'll quit posting for 30 days if you do the same! I've went for longer before. πŸ™‚

-VR
    Ok, when are we starting?
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '21 06:511 edit
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    You're on , Rusty. I'll not post to any public forum for the entire month of April (2021) if you won't, regardless under which name. Loser pays the other's sub for a year.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Mar '21 17:20
    @moonbus said
    You're on , Rusty. I'll not post to any public forum for the entire month of April (2021) if you won't, regardless under which name. Loser pays the other's sub for a year.
    Neither you or trev really post enough to matter much.

But I'd sooner trev than you, besides how do I know you'd even pay up and I wouldn't get a big "SUCKER" at the end! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '21 18:00
    @very-rusty said
    Neither you or trev really post enough to matter much.

But I'd sooner trev than you, besides how do I know you'd even pay up and I wouldn't get a big "SUCKER" at the end! πŸ˜‰

-VR
    Are you baking out on your suggestion? I don't need any sub bought but will partake in the April without public forum posting, so do we have a deal?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Mar '21 20:59
    @trev33 said
    Are you baking out on your suggestion? I don't need any sub bought but will partake in the April without public forum posting, so do we have a deal?
    Sorry trev I don't bake. Are you baked?....>LOL<... I don't either so really nothing to gain for either of us. πŸ˜‰

-VR
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Mar '21 11:261 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Sorry trev I don't bake. Are you baked?....>LOL<... I don't either so really nothing to gain for either of us. πŸ˜‰

-VR
    The rest of the forum users stand to gain something though.

A respite.

I'll deposit the money in advance with Pondy, if you trust him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree