1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Sep '22 11:00
    With all the talk on the forums about Zorro's achievements,I thought it would be interesting,as he always has so many games on the go, to see how many games he has lost by timeout(it's 259 actually)
    I found it a little frustrating(as I have in the past when looking to send a pm) that if you don't type the name exactly into the search box including spaces on the players tab you get the error message.
    I know players have similar names but an auto complete function would at least give all the possibilities for one to select from after typing "zo" for example in this case.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '22 14:25
    @venda
    If you use “player directory” in the top icon row, this search function will bring all the players up starting “zo” on click.
    Although not on “autofill”, it’s still pretty quick.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Sep '22 16:01
    @divegeester said
    @venda
    If you use “player directory” in the top icon row, this search function will bring all the players up starting “zo” on click.
    Although not on “autofill”, it’s still pretty quick.
    I used the icon labelled players which I think is what you mean and typed zorro the fox in the search box.It returned no such player or something like that.You have to type it with no spaces.
    When I type zo now it shows my incorrect and correct entries but not a full list of players as you imply.
    Maybe it's my settings.
    I'll have a look sometime
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '22 16:321 edit
    @venda said
    I used the icon labelled players which I think is what you mean and typed zorro the fox in the search box.It returned no such player or something like that.You have to type it with no spaces.
    When I type zo now it shows my incorrect and correct entries but not a full list of players as you imply.
    Maybe it's my settings.
    I'll have a look sometime
    Yes that icon.

I typed “zo” in and hit search and Zorro was top of a long list.

Edit, nonetheless it’s a good point which you raise.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Sep '22 20:55
    I will address this. Anywhere you type a name, a list of profiles will appear for matching hits.

Early warning…a significant web site beta test is coming this autumn!
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 18:28
    @russ said
    I will address this. Anywhere you type a name, a list of profiles will appear for matching hits.

Thanks
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Jan '23 18:322 edits
    A little update on this. In dev now, but this feature specifically is mostly complete.

All pages with player name searches (game & player directory, table/leaderboards, ladders, etc) auto update the main table as you type. A huge "user experience" improvement over the current situation. (IMHO, at least!)

Furthermore, the new game page has been rewritten, with a few key improvements.

Entering a player name results in a "drop down" list of all players matching a player name as you type (with small avatar, rating & flag). Also, the "recommend opponent" button now has tabbed lists of recommended, recently played and buddies to quickly select too.

edit : I'm aiming to post more images here before beta : RHP Twitter Thread
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Jan '23 19:26
    @russ said
    A little update on this. In dev now, but this feature specifically is mostly complete.

All pages with player name searches (game & player directory, table/leaderboards, ladders, etc) auto update the main table as you type. A huge "user experience" improvement over the current situation. (IMHO, at least!)

Furthermore, the new game page has been rewritten, with a few ke ...[text shortened]... here before beta : [=https://twitter.com/RedHotPawn/status/1592873996382777345]RHP Twitter Thread[/]
    Great stuff
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 09:16
    @russ said

This doesn't seem to work as I expected.
    I thought if I typed a couple of letters into the send message box it would show all names featuring those letters.
    I typed "ea" into the box.
    Nothing
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 14:17
    @venda said
    This doesn't seem to work as I expected.
    This isn't released - I'm just previewing development work so everyone who is interested knows what is coming.

I will post a link to the beta site (as normal for large updates) in Feb, all things going well.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 15:18
    @russ said

While you’re at it, could we please have board coordinates for games inserted into threads ?
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 15:25
    @russ said
    This isn't released - I'm just previewing development work so everyone who is interested knows what is coming.

I will post a link to the beta site (as normal for large updates) in Feb, all things going well.
    Ok sorry

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree