1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Sep '19 08:041 edit
    I found this impressive educational video showing how research that improved scientist's understanding of molecular motors lead to, among other things, a drug to significantly improve cardiac function in patients that have had a heart attack;

YouTube

A fine example of how science can benefit humanity.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 09:29
    @humy said
    I found this impressive educational video showing how research that improved scientist's understanding of molecular motors lead to, among other things, a drug to significantly improve cardiac function in patients that have had a heart attack;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RUHJhskW00

Yea, copy the design in nature because it is that good is a good idea.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 11:011 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Yea, copy the design in nature because it is that good is a good idea.
    They didn't copy something from nature. Did you watch the video?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 15:02
    @KellyJay
    We copy from nature all the time, nature has had a few billion years to experiment and come up with processes useful in cells so of course we will be behind the curve when it comes to such developments. Remember what I have always said about science, that we are still in kindergarten, science is only a few hundred years old, lets say 400 years of development, what, a mere 20 generations of humans.
    Life itself has had BILLIONS of years literally, to come up with useful traits.
    In spite of that you LOVE to point out how stupid humans are, we can NEVER be like your god.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 15:15
    @humy said
    They didn't copy something from nature. Did you watch the video?
    I believe Kelly is referencing molecular machines already in existence.
    Man made molecular motors are cool, but hardly a new idea. Nature came up with and implemented the 'idea' of molecular machines long before your ancestors discovered personal hygiene and how to make cutting tools from rocks.

Not arguing or disagreeing with you, I'm just saying...
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 15:23
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    We copy from nature all the time, nature has had a few billion years to experiment and come up with processes useful in cells so of course we will be behind the curve when it comes to such developments. Remember what I have always said about science, that we are still in kindergarten, science is only a few hundred years old, lets say 400 years of development, what ...[text shortened]... aits.
    In spite of that you LOVE to point out how stupid humans are, we can NEVER be like your god.
    "we can NEVER be like your god."

So true. And often times people who do believe will forget God is not a man.
    But why bring this up in the science forum? 😮
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 15:52
    @lemon-lime
    Because he alludes to it with every post. Kelly is an avowed young Earth creationist and every link he posts here is to bring home that point.
    Yet when pushed on the issue, he backtracks and says he doesn't care what the age of Earth is but you can see clearly he is just mouthing BS, he firmly believes Earth is 6000 odd years old in spite of massive evidence otherwise.
    Evidence makes ZERO difference to such folks.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 15:54
    @humy
    https://phys.org/news/2019-09-molecular.html

Another new bit of work on how proteins communicate. like a string phone.
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 16:20
    @humy said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RUHJhskW00

These motors are like tiny robots that run on ATP. The synthetic biologists among us are working on systems in which robotics can be built that run organically.

https://thenextweb.com/robots/2019/04/19/cornell-scientists-create-living-machines-that-eat-grow-and-evolve/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree