time travel using entanglement

time travel using entanglement

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
11 Mar 20

@eladar said
Time travel is not possible because two things cannot exist in the same place at the same time.

Unless you are superman and fly really fast around the earth opposite its spin. Then of course you can travel backwards in time.
Well said.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Mar 20

@metal-brain said
Then what is your point?
That 100 light years is not as instant as 2 yards 6 inches.

h

Moves
11 Mar 20

@metal-brain said
Then what is your point?
What is yours? We just exposed yours as being an extremely stupid straw man lie that convinces nobody here and only shows us all you are a moron. NOBODY here has ever said/implied the speed of light isn't finite.

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
12 Mar 20

@ogb

since there is instant play in entanglemnt there cannot be any "time" between them.

mlb62

Moves
12 Mar 20

@mister-moggy said
@ogb

since there is instant play in entanglemnt there cannot be any "time" between them.
exactly my point ...I never asked anything regarding the speed of light. (but that might be involved in the transfer of information)...even entangled information...

mlb62

Moves
13 Mar 20

Possibly entanglement uses something other than light to transmit information. Our scientists are lagging behind and should provide answers to QM behaviour...

MB

Moves
13 Mar 20

@humy said
What is yours? We just exposed yours as being an extremely stupid straw man lie that convinces nobody here and only shows us all you are a moron. NOBODY here has ever said/implied the speed of light isn't finite.
Then why are you arguing with me? You know full well that has been my position all along. You implied QE was instantaneous and it is not. To say so is to say light speed is instantaneous and it is not. You are being dishonest and you are flip flopping.

Either the speed of light is instantaneous or it is not. Are you willing to admit light speed is not instantaneous or are you going to keep being dishonest and flip flop some more?

mlb62

Moves
13 Mar 20

@Metal-Brain My apologies..I agree that the speed of light is not instantaneous . But QM might have some additional features to entanglement, like the instantaneous transfer of information... w/o using light..

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Mar 20

@ogb said
Our scientists are lagging behind and should provide answers to QM behaviour...
What a bizarre post!
Lagging behind what?
And why "should" they provide answers?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Mar 20

@ogb
You can't use QE to send information faster than the speed of light. That is solid. It doesn't matter HOW two things are entangled and if one gets measured the other one crashes and burns you cannot use that process to get information faster than the speed of light.

h

Moves
13 Mar 20
7 edits

@metal-brain said
Then why are you arguing with me? You know full well that has been my position all along. You implied QE was instantaneous and it is not. To say so is to say light speed is instantaneous and it is not. You are being dishonest and you are flip flopping.

Either the speed of light is instantaneous or it is not. Are you willing to admit light speed is not instantaneous or are you going to keep being dishonest and flip flop some more?
You implied QE was instantaneous ...
NO, I NEVER implied this. I said and said again that science still hasn't yet told us whether it is and there are some physicists that are much smarter than you or I and know and understand a LOT more about it than your or I who do that think it is instantaneous and yet others about equally smart that say that apparent instantaneousness is illusionary. The scientific jury is still out on that one.
...and it is not.
How would YOU, the delusionally arrogant ignorant non-expert moron with no science credentials, know that QE is NOT instantaneous? We will never take your ignorant word for it but rather we may take the word of a real expert.
To say so is to say light speed is instantaneous
NO, it OBVIOUSLY isn't. HOW is saying QE is instantaneous is saying c is? You have never explained this. QE is NOT c, moron!
Are you willing to admit light speed is not instantaneous...
So you persist in your same old unconvincing stupid straw man that convinces absolutely nobody here and just convinces all readers here you are just a complete moron.
NONE of us here, including I, has ever said/implied in any way that c isn't finite.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Mar 20

@humy
I think you mean 'isn't INFINITE' since c is about 300,000 km/second.

mlb62

Moves
13 Mar 20
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@ogb
You can't use QE to send information faster than the speed of light. That is solid. It doesn't matter HOW two things are entangled and if one gets measured the other one crashes and burns you cannot use that process to get information faster than the speed of light.
A very sound and credible theory about QE.. the instructions or (information) from one entangled particle is transmitted via another DIMENSION, thereby taking zero time in our dimension. So distance isn't a factor, and the laws of light not being infinite still remain. This can be referred to as the OGB theory....

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Mar 20

@ogb

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chadorzel/2016/05/04/the-real-reasons-quantum-entanglement-doesnt-allow-faster-than-light-communication/#3e4792723a1e

This article shows why you can't use QE to send information faster than c.

h

Moves
13 Mar 20
4 edits

@sonhouse said
@humy
I think you mean 'isn't INFINITE' since c is about 300,000 km/second.
Arr you are forgetting to take into account a double negative there that makes a positive! As I often have found from bitter experience from reading other peoples's posts, an easy thing to miss if you try and read too fast!
My exact words where "NONE of us here, including I, has ever said/implied in any way that c isn't finite." and the words "NONE" and "isn't" are the two negatives in that quote that make that a positive (and a positive for indirectly implying c is finite).