1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    01 Feb '20 21:54
    Since quantum entanglement affects two distance particles instantaneously, will that play a part in allowing time travel for humans?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Feb '20 21:56
    @ogb
    Come back in about a thousand years, the answer ye or nay will probably be sussed out by then.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Feb '20 23:472 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @ogb
    Come back in about a thousand years, the answer ye or nay will probably be sussed out by then.
    Anyway, entanglement is a thing of particles in present time trapped in a quantum dance.
    I don't know of any experiment where a particle from time A is entangled with another particle from time B, some future OR past timeframe.
    If I am wrong, show me the data supporting that research.

BTW, I see you lost a game to natopigro (if I spelled that correctly, a 2300 player)
    He tried to start a game with me not even saying hi with a one day time out period. I told him I don't play engines and the game strangely enough disappeared.
    I don't think there is a single 2300 and up player who is NOT an engine.
    Did you feel like it was engine play when you played him or her? Did he/she initiate the game and what was the time control?
  4. Joined
    23 Jan '20
    Moves
    02 Feb '20 00:25
    Time travel is impossible eh?
  5. Joined
    23 Jan '20
    Moves
    02 Feb '20 00:37
    Let’s say time travel became possible eh?

What force would stop the human in the machine from returning to an unborn state?
    If you could make the universe go back in time why would you assume the human running that machine wouldn’t go back also?
    It’s a dumb idea/theory

And...

Time travel assumes that everything was recorded eh?
    Nope.

The idea of time travel comes from light having to travel vast distances and yes you could see something in the past if you had a telescope but due to the vast distance you would end up in present time by the time you got there.

And if you were to fly away from earth really fast and look back with a telescope you could see back in time but no telescope or tech would make out any detail and by the time you got back you would be in modern regular time.

We can’t even come close to colonizing the moon or even have recreational space trips but people talk about a trip to mars and time travel eh?

It’s 2020!
    They said flying cars and holographic/robotic girlfriends would be real by now but Noooo!

We don’t have any of that! eh?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '20 02:45
    @old-indian said

What force would stop the human in the machine from returning to an unborn state?
    If you could make the universe go back in time why would you assume the human running that machine wouldn’t go back also?
    It’s a dumb idea/theory

And...

Time travel assumes that everything was recorded eh?
    Nope.

The idea of time travel ...[text shortened]... nd holographic/robotic girlfriends would be real by now but Noooo!

Time travel by going back in time is impossible. I'm not sure about the future, but I have my doubts about that.
  7. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Feb '20 04:21
    @old-indian said

It’s 2020!
    They said flying cars and holographic/robotic girlfriends would be real by now but Noooo!

Wrong. My ex-girlfriend was robotic almost all the time.
  8. Joined
    23 Jan '20
    Moves
    02 Feb '20 07:00
    LoL
    Been there eh?
    Me too.

We have two good scenarios coming to us eh?

Death and synthetic sex robots!
    As of now its 3 grand for the best looking rubber doll and she don’t complain and she looks better than any girl out there eh?

(I am saving up 😉)
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Feb '20 17:14
    @Metal-Brain
    I said in another thread science is still in kindergarten so saying going back in time is flat ass impossible is a bit premature.
    We have no idea what will be produced in science in the next 300 years or so.
    We may by that time find a way to go way faster than the speed of light for instance, which may be tied to going back in time.
    And as far as going FORWARD in time, seeing ones own personal future as it happens here on Earth, we know for a fact going fast alters the flow of time INTERNALLY to the spacecraft and all within it so you go to within a hairs breath of light speed, where on ship time you go say a thousand light years that appears to you the time that went by is a week, and you go back home the way you just came, another week for you, a two week trip, you get back home on Earth and find THEIR time says 2000 YEARS have passed so you in fact have traveled into your personal future.
    THAT is not impossible. VERY FUKKING DIFFICULT but not out of the bounds of known physics.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '20 03:07
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    I said in another thread science is still in kindergarten so saying going back in time is flat ass impossible is a bit premature.
    We have no idea what will be produced in science in the next 300 years or so.
    We may by that time find a way to go way faster than the speed of light for instance, which may be tied to going back in time.
    And as far as going FORW ...[text shortened]... future.
    THAT is not impossible. VERY FUKKING DIFFICULT but not out of the bounds of known physics.
    We are already going forward in time.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Feb '20 11:36
    @Metal-Brain
    You said you were not sure about going forwards in time and I just showed an example of how you could do that faster than we already are moving forwards in time.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '20 07:37
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You said you were not sure about going forwards in time and I just showed an example of how you could do that faster than we already are moving forwards in time.
    I never said that. I never said forward at all. I said future.

Stop lying.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Feb '20 08:141 edit
    @metal-brain said
    I never said forward at all. I said future.

Stop lying.
    You just said in your previous post;

" We are already going forward in time. " (Your quote. My emphasis)

So its not him who is lying; Its you.
  14. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    07 Feb '20 15:27
    Sorry, my first post wasn't worded well...what I meant was, since two particles (no matter how distant), are instantly affected, then there would be zero travel TIME between the two particles . If there were two (manned) spaceships, 10 light years apart, and they were entangled, then the travel time between them would be ZERO.
  15. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    07 Feb '20 15:59
    @ogb
    I think the best we can hope for would be instant information transfer, like sub-space communication on Star Trek.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree