Silver and Viruses

Silver and Viruses

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet Rain

Moves
22 May 20

Planet Rain

Moves
22 May 20

@sonhouse said
@Eladar
Which is just a cop out so you clearly won't answer the question. It's not like you were accused of treason, it was a simple question about why you think silver is superior to copper in terms of anti viral action.
Copper is in the same column in the periodic table of elements as silver, so they would have quite similar outer electron shell configurations, and so make similar covalent bonds with other elements. Studies have shown that the half-life of many viruses -- including I think the novel coronavirus -- is particularly short on a copper surface. Copper is an essential mineral for humans, though toxic in larger doses. I'd be leery of ingesting too much silver and becoming a gray-skinned freak suffering from argyria.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/new-coronavirus-stable-hours-surfaces

E

Moves
22 May 20

@soothfast said
Copper is in the same column in the periodic table of elements as silver, so they would have quite similar outer electron shell configurations, and so make similar covalent bonds with other elements. Studies have shown that the half-life of many viruses -- including I think the novel coronavirus -- is particularly short on a copper surface. Copper is an essential mineral ...[text shortened]... from argyria.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/new-coronavirus-stable-hours-surfaces
The nano silver claims to pass through the body and excreted.

h

Moves
23 May 20
1 edit

@eladar said
I didn't know the nano silver could claim things. 😛

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 May 20

@humy
Ah, you haven't heard the latest scientific evidence, Nano silver is conscious!

E

Moves
24 May 20

@sonhouse

So, what state exactly that you believe is out of control with covid?

h

Moves
25 May 20

@eladar said
@sonhouse

So, what state exactly that you believe is out of control with covid?
it is hard to say exactly which state of the USA is worst hit but judging by this map in the link below the worst his states are Washington, New York, Michigan, Louisana, and cannot quite make out that last bad hit one but I guess you could say C19 is, or at least was, "out of control" in those 5 states.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2020/04/02/coronavirus-death-rate-is-increasing-in-the-usthese-are-the-worst-hit-states/#5c050d4f6a67

E

Moves
25 May 20
1 edit

@humy said
it is hard to say exactly which state of the USA is worst hit but judging by this map in the link below the worst his states are Washington, New York, Michigan, Louisana, and cannot quite make out that last bad hit one but I guess you could say C19 is, or at least was, "out of control" in those 5 states.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2020/04/02/coronavirus-death-rate-is-increasing-in-the-usthese-are-the-worst-hit-states/#5c050d4f6a67
Your map must be misleading...

Deaths per million

New York 1503
Washington 143
Michigan 523
Louisiana 579

New Jersey 1254
Connecticut 1036
Massachusetts 924

Deaths yesterday
New York 119
Washington 10
Michigan 5
Louisiana 1

h

Moves
25 May 20

@eladar said
Your map must be misleading...

Deaths per million

New York 1503
Washington 143
Michigan 523
Louisiana 579

New Jersey 1254
Connecticut 1036
Massachusetts 924

Deaths yesterday
New York 119
Washington 10
Michigan 5
Louisiana 1
Then according to your source of info it was New York & New Jersey & Connecticut where C19 was most out of control. The map got at least one right (New York).

E

Moves
25 May 20
1 edit

@humy

I am using worldometer.

I wonder if others will agree that New York is out of control.

Sonhouse?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 May 20

@Eladar
From what I hear, NY is on the good side of the curve, going down. The problem is the rest of the country opening up too early and there ARE already spikes in new cases and deaths.

Of course you have no empathy for humans so it doesn't matter to you.
Just like your god king.

h

Moves
25 May 20
2 edits

@eladar said
@humy

I am using worldometer.

I wonder if others will agree that New York is out of control.

Sonhouse?
I assume the death rate in New York is currently going down?
Anyway, regardless of whether you can say its currently out of control in New York, I would definitely say it was for a while in the past what I would call 'out of control' there in New York. I looked up some of the past statistics and it looks like it was pretty bad there for a while and more so than most other states.

E

Moves
25 May 20

@sonhouse said
@Eladar
From what I hear, NY is on the good side of the curve, going down. The problem is the rest of the country opening up too early and there ARE already spikes in new cases and deaths.

Of course you have no empathy for humans so it doesn't matter to you.
Just like your god king.
So what states are out of control on the other side of the curve?

E

Moves
25 May 20

@humy said
I assume the death rate in New York is currently going down?
Anyway, regardless of whether you can say its currently out of control in New York, I would definitely say it was for a while in the past what I would call 'out of control' there in New York. I looked up some of the past statistics and it looks like it was pretty bad there for a while and more so than most other states.
Lol, find one state that was worse.

Moves
25 May 20

@eladar said
English, bimbo - do you speak it!?