Silver and Viruses

Silver and Viruses

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
19 May 20

@eladar said
It works for bacteria so it it likely to work on viruses.
Say what?!?!

E

Moves
19 May 20

@wolfgang59 said
Say what?!?!
You have not been paying attention. Must I always go back and give you a special explanation?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 May 20

@Eladar
And why do you not admit copper is superior in the killing of virus and bacteria loads?

E

Moves
19 May 20

@sonhouse

Lol, you really are a sad pathetic old man.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
19 May 20

@eladar said
The WHO is not a valid medical organization.
It's an agency of the United Nations. I'm not entirely clear what you mean by that statement. However, they commissioned a systematic review of the use of silver as a drinking water disinfectant and the principal authors, Lorna Fewtrell of Aberystwyth University and Ruth Bevan of IEH Consulting, UK, have done a very extensive literature search, with a complete list of references and a set of tables familiar to anyone who's worked with systematic reviews, the information is well presented.

However, I have a criticism of the document which is that they do not appear to have explained their methods for gathering data. In a systematic review one normally makes a statement along the lines of: "We searched <list of medical search engines> with the terms <list of search terms> we included papers with <list of inclusion criteria> and excluded papers which <list of exclusion criteria>.". The WHO document doesn't appear to do that. However, I'm basing this on quickly scanning a few pages, not on a careful reading of the whole document and they may explain their inclusion and exclusion criteria elsewhere in the document. This is a reasonable criticism of the document.

That "The WHO is not a valid medical organization." is not a meaningful criticism of the publication, in a fairly trivial sense it's true, it's the Health Agency of the United Nations, however, this is not relevant, neither is a university a "valid" medical organisation, but you'll happily cite any number of academic papers to attempt to support whatever the latest thing you're attempting to justify.

E

Moves
19 May 20

@DeepThought

The WHO is a political organization, as such its medical advice is not entirely reliable.

I view them as a wing of the American establishment as well as a servant to China.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 May 20

@Eladar
What you mean is you can't answer the question.

E

Moves
20 May 20

@sonhouse said
@Eladar
What you mean is you can't answer the question.
No, what I mean is that you are a sad pathetic old man.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 May 20
1 edit

@Eladar
Which is just a cop out so you clearly won't answer the question. It's not like you were accused of treason, it was a simple question about why you think silver is superior to copper in terms of anti viral action.

E

Moves
20 May 20

This thread is about silver. If you wish to discuss other metals, start up a new thread.

Moves
21 May 20

@eladar said
I view them as a wing of the American establishment as well as a servant to China.
That...

No. No, I just can't. Such confusion between China and Russia... Only among the Republibertarians. No-one else.

Moves
21 May 20

@eladar said
We know that silver is also effective against viruses.
Do we? Please prove. We know that it's effective against a completely different kingdom of living beings; that doesn't mean it's equally, or even at all, effective against something almost-living. Taking silver against viruses is like taking an anti-fungal agent against botflies.

Then again, if you believe in it... go ahead. Put your money where your gob is. Prove yourself right. Take a shot of colloidal silver every night, until the vaccine is found. And please do post pictures of the result - I do love seeing real-life photos of Peyo's proudest.

Moves
21 May 20

@eladar said
@DeepThought

The guy was a medical doctor.
So was Dr. Oz, once upon a time.

Moves
21 May 20

@wolfgang59 said
Quadrophenia was good though.
Sure, but I prefer Who's Next.

E

Moves
21 May 20
1 edit

@shallow-blue said
Do we? Please prove. We know that it's effective against a completely different kingdom of living beings; that doesn't mean it's equally, or even at all, effective against something almost-living. Taking silver against viruses is like taking an anti-fungal agent against botflies.

Then again, if you believe in it... go ahead. Put your money where your gob is. Prove you ...[text shortened]... d. And please do post pictures of the result - I do love seeing real-life photos of Peyo's proudest.
Did you read the link in the original post of this thread?

That makes two people who spout off out of ignorance.