Which came first.  The chicken of the egg

Which came first. The chicken of the egg

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rkr

FORT WORTH

Moves
20 Mar 05

if you said egg you are all wrong. the chicken came first because the egg would die without the chicken. it would get eaten or it would never hatch. therefore if the egg did come first there would be no chicken to debate over today. THE ANSWER IS CHICKEN.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by red king richie128
if you said egg you are all wrong. the chicken came first because the egg would die without the chicken. it would get eaten or it would never hatch. therefore if the egg did come first there would be no chicken to debate over today. THE ANSWER IS CHICKEN.
Where did the first chicken come from? Was it a live birth?

RM
Adm¡nistrator

Rio Grande Valley

Moves
21 Mar 05

NEITHER!

The rooster came first.

;-)

In your face

Moves
22 Mar 05

I reckon chicken. In the sentence 'which came first the chicken or the egg?', the word chicken definately comes first.

rkr

Moves
24 Mar 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Where did the first chicken come from? Was it a live birth?
who knows. the chicken was created by god.

J

Moves
25 Mar 05

god created a chicken that created an egg

In your face

Moves
25 Mar 05

Originally posted by JERICHO911
god created a chicken that created an egg
Or did God create an egg that gave birth to a chicken.

Moves
25 Mar 05

Evolution created the chicken. at some point a proto-chicken layed an egg containing a chicken. So the egg came first.

In your face

Moves
25 Mar 05

But surely if the proto chicken laid the egg then the chicken came first, by your very own admission.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Mar 05

Originally posted by jimslyp69
But surely if the proto chicken laid the egg then the chicken came first, by your very own admission.
I don't follow.

Proto-chicken => egg => chicken

You can see the egg came before the chicken.

In your face

Moves
26 Mar 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I don't follow.

Proto-chicken => egg => chicken

You can see the egg came before the chicken.
So your argument is that on the micro organism level that a proto chicken divided into two, but perhaps the ones that divided out of the original proto had a kind of slight protective covering to protect them at this vulnerable stage. This slowly became pronounced down the chain to form an egg shell.
This is what i believe anyway but it still leaces a very vague answer to the question. It is a tricky one indeed.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
28 Mar 05

Originally posted by jimslyp69
So your argument is that on the micro organism level that a proto chicken divided into two, but perhaps the ones that divided out of the original proto had a kind of slight protective covering to protect them at this vulnerable stage. This slowly became pronounced down the chain to form an egg shell.
This is what i believe anyway but it still leaces a very vague answer to the question. It is a tricky one indeed.
No. My argument is that there was a bird (which was not a chicken)which laid an egg, and out of that egg hatched a chicken.

S

Moves
28 Mar 05

The chicken came first. Check the link for the evidence 🙂 http://www.improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume9/v9i4/chicken_egg.html

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Mar 05

Originally posted by Siebren
The chicken came first. Check the link for the evidence 🙂 http://www.improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume9/v9i4/chicken_egg.html
Doesn't that prove that the chicken arrived or was delivered first?

I think we need to do some sexual trials involving chicken and egg and wires attached to weird machines...

DMG

Moves
02 Jul 05

I think the chicken came first because how would the egg survive without the chicken