skeeter

skeeter

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
28 Dec 10

Having played Skeeter (and currently playing) I would say that we have a #1 that earned it. Congrats!

PR

Moves
28 Dec 10

Hi GP...I understand what your saying about players habits and behavior,over the years in tournaments and club matches ive met quite a few! every club has its weird but harmless charaters...if the "sticky" thing was something like...1.wash hands before i move or spin round three times...that i could understand! but...1.check for checks and look at the position of the kings?...just seems very strange coming from someone so strong...when i log-in to rhp i click on a player anybody no real order who has just moved....it takes me a couple of seconds to zoom in to the position by 5 seconds i know if my king his wife and the dog are safe! most if not all strong players know this without doing any forms of checks...with weak players its a different story...i recently advised a player about moving too fast and how s/he should make a checklist of things to do and what to watch for a 5-point plan abit like the person in questions "sticky"thing but the player in question here is far from a 2000+ player or even a 1300+ player try 1200 and your getting close.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by King Nebuchadnezzar
Skeeter is very selective of opponents - she has indicated previously that there are "No less than 23 engine users on Page 1." Many honest players have lost rating points by playing engines like Alzhiemer, DanVM & Capa Preta - losing the game, position & points as a consequence. Skeeter does not play these individuals, so does not lose points unn ...[text shortened]... - 1/8/3
[b]Kaoslos
- 1/0/1

Skeeter obviously holds these 5 individuals in high regard.[/b]
You know a lot of the history here and banned players for someone who joined yesterday and made 0 moves.

Stalker or a returning user?

V

Moves
28 Dec 10

Take a look at the posting habits of the RHP top players. There are plenty who don't post or hardly post - there's nothing wrong with that. But for those who do often post, the passion/ability that they put into their play is also shown in some of their posts. Let's face it, anyone with the desire to work at chess enough to reach the top will also show some interest in discussing chess (assuming they post at all).

skeeter 193 pages, practically no chess content
tigerking 0
Altern8 0
Caesare 1
PAWN RIOT 3, high chess content
Northern Lad 41, high chess content
atticus2 19, high chess content
perkovic 1
kingaroo 1
Ian Maver 0
GM Norblackheart 0
NG3mate 1
David Tebb 53, high chess content
tarun ganguli 0
irfan21 0
Littlemcniff 6
Bob Wade 0
sacca 0
DanTriola 4
gebensieauf 0

Aside from skeeter, who is the next highest ranking "got plenty of time to post but no interest in discussing chess" player? And I don't mean brief shallow sentences about chess. Look at some of the "high chess content" above for examples of showing some passion/ability for chess - show me a post from skeeter that comes close.

How can someone who does spend a lot of time in the forums, constantly avoid indepth chess discussions? But yet find the interest to work hard on their games at the highest level?

S

Moves
28 Dec 10
1 edit

I have read this entire thread. I think admin should chnage robbie carrobie's name to Internet Hero.

E

c6

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by Varenka
Take a look at the posting habits of the RHP top players. There are plenty who don't post or hardly post - there's nothing wrong with that. But for those who do often post, the passion/ability that they put into their play is also shown in some of their posts. Let's face it, anyone with the desire to work at chess enough to reach the top will also show so ...[text shortened]... discussions? But yet find the interest to work hard on their games at the highest level?
Some people compartmentalize their hobbies. Perhaps her pursuit of chess is mostly internal, and she doesn't like to kibitz about the game.

On the other hand, we have individuals like Greenpawn who are rich contributors to our chess discussions and don't play actively on the site.

It's an interesting set of data you compiled, but it seems difficult to draw any conclusions from it.

Moves
28 Dec 10

Aside from skeeter, who is the next highest ranking "got plenty of time to post but no interest in discussing chess" player? And I don't mean brief shallow sentences about chess. Look at some of the "high chess content" above for examples of showing some passion/ability for chess - show me a post from skeeter that comes close.

How can someone who does ...[text shortened]... ss discussions? But yet find the interest to work hard on their games at the highest level?
I spend a lot of my time programming and working to improve my knowledge on the subject. Have been for about 15 years. But I don't go around discussing it online. Just saying....

V

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by EinZweiDrei
she doesn't like to kibitz about the game
Fair point. But it's also fair for others to wonder why. Any thoughts?!

T
I am become Death

Moves
28 Dec 10

How can someone who does spend a lot of time in the forums, constantly avoid indepth chess discussions? But yet find the interest to work hard on their games at the highest level?
There's a slight difference between talking about chess and playing chess.

Take Ray Keene's career for example.

V

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by tmetzler
I spend a lot of my time programming and working to improve my knowledge on the subject. Have been for about 15 years. But I don't go around discussing it online. Just saying....
But are you a top programmer who posts regularly on a programming site without actually ever discussing programming? ๐Ÿ™‚

V

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by Thabtos
There's a slight difference between talking about chess and playing chess.
Agreed, for example, the latter is easier to fake on an online CC site. Seriously, can you imagine the time and effort it takes to reach #1 on here? Can you imagine doing that while having no enthusiasm to discuss chess?

KN

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by Silverstriker
You know a lot of the history here and banned players for someone who joined yesterday and made 0 moves.

Stalker or a returning user?
Given those two options, I'd have to say Stalker.

Yes, I am new but everything I need (or want) to know about my potential opponents is here in this forum - along with the games on user's profiles. I am a very thorough individual and won't take a game on until I have done my research.

I spend a lot of time on a game when I play. I don't want that to be wasted effort.

M
sorozatgyilkos

leรถlรฉs ellenfeleim

Moves
28 Dec 10

Written in red their protest stands,
For the Gods of the World to see;
On the dooming wall their bodiless hands
Have blazoned "Upharsin," and flaring brands
Illumine the message: "Seize the lands!
Open the prisons and make men free!"
Flame out the living words of the dead
Written — in — red.

E
Anansi

Woodshed

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by Mathurine
Written in red their protest stands,
For the Gods of the World to see;
On the dooming wall their bodiless hands
Have blazoned "Upharsin," and flaring brands
Illumine the message: "Seize the lands!
Open the prisons and make men free!"
Flame out the living words of the dead
Written — in — red.
Great quote, I had to go and look it up. This forum unfortunately not anarchist, more like McCarthyist at the moment...

C

Moves
28 Dec 10

Hi,
That's interesting what Varenka said, but I agree with EinZweiDrei - the analyse provides no where probably... For example I don't like to discuss in forums, but I like to read, what you guys are writing ๐Ÿ™‚ I don't mind also discuss to my game partner, what's going on the board... That's only the personal character, I think so, although I'm suprise by myself I decided to take part of this discussion ๐Ÿ™‚ Regards to all!