skeeter

skeeter

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by skeeter
Given this recent little gem Game 7945672 I'm suprised that you don't employ 'stickys' to remind yourself of where not to put your King and that oldie, but goodie, check the checks.
lmao. congrats skeeter.

rc

Moves
28 Dec 10
3 edits

Given this recent little gem Game 7945672 I'm suprised that you don't employ 'stickys' to remind yourself of where not to put your King and that oldie, but goodie, check the checks. Jesus wept, what a parade of boo-boo's and all to a sub 1200 no less. Put some systems of your own in place before slating mine.

skeeter

PS ..... and to a sub 1200. Pathetic.
yes but then again, i am a human being and prone to making mistakes! no doubt, as for my chess, i am proud of what i have achieved and i know how i have achieved it, through study and practice, because i actually like to read chess books, not some simplistic five point plan that you could read from the back of a cornflakes packet, shall we compare my engine match-ups with yours, shall we? anyone like to do a comparison for say the last twenty games?

skeeter wept

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
28 Dec 10

"There are only three types of chessplayers - those who can count and those who cannot."

k

Moves
28 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes but then again, i am a human being and prone to making mistakes! no doubt, as for my chess, i am proud of what i have achieved and i know how i have achieved it, through study and practice, because i actually like to read chess books, not some simplistic five point plan that you could read from the back of a cornflakes packet, shall we compare m ...[text shortened]... h yours, shall we? anyone like to do a comparison for say the last twenty games?

skeeter wept
Well robbie this will be deleted soon enough anyway...but you should know that lots of match up analysis has already been done on skeeter and nothing anywhere close to high enough to warrant a ban was discovered.
You can pm me for match up rates if you like.

rc

Moves
28 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by kalvinator
Well robbie this will be deleted soon enough anyway...but you should know that lots of match up analysis has already been done on skeeter and nothing anywhere close to high enough to warrant a ban was discovered.
You can pm me for match up rates if you like.
whether its deleted is neither here nor there, i had the flu for the past four weeks, i played an unrated game against a close friend who is not highly rated and i got beaten, so what? now i am being called out for being a cheat, well bring it on. As for skeeter i could not care less, her chess interests me little, her input to the forum is negligible, her attitude sucks and there are far more interesting and in my opinion, better chess players than her.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
28 Dec 10
2 edits

whether its deleted is neither here nor there, i had the flu for the past four weeks, i played an unrated game against a close friend who is not highly rated and i got beaten, so what? now i am being called out for being a cheat, well bring it on. As for skeeter i could not care less, her chess interests me little, her input to the forum is negligib ...[text shortened]... itude sucks and there are far more interesting and in my opinion, better chess players than her.
Well, what to say? No one here in this forum has accused you of cheating robbie. What has got some annoyed is that you have swashed into this thread, given a very senior member of this site an undeserved serve for what was just a geniune compliment. Bad form. Comparing our engine matchups is just plain silly. Mine, naturally, will be higher than yours because I'm simply a better player than you.

I have no doubt that given my rating and fora history here, my games will have been scrutinised by admin et al, and rightly so. Also I am aware that some members of this site have taken it on themselves to run independant analysis because they have communicated that to me. They have also indicated that they have no concerns about my play and to date, admin have not approached me with similar concerns. There you have it.

I'm sorry you're bitter about all of this but you bring it on yourself. I don't need more enemies in here but if members persist with the un-substantiated accusations and innuendo's then I'm really going to get feral. So, lets all work and play well with each other from here on.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

M-

rc

Moves
28 Dec 10
4 edits

Well, what to say? No one here in this forum has accused you of cheating robbie. What has got some annoyed is that you have swashed into this thread, given a very senior member of this site an undeserved serve for what was just a geniune compliment. Bad form. Comparing [b]our engine matchups is just plain silly. Mine, naturally, will be higher than your well with each other from here on.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

M-[/b]
my dear lady, i have made a career of challenging authority, senior member means nothing to me, never the less you are correct, it was a genuine compliment and i apologise wholeheartedly to you and the flashdude. As for engine analysis, well you see, it would not be a simple comparison against my match ups and yours, but against your opponents and you and me and mine, for i am mostly content to play my friends who are rather lowly rated and therefore any statistical comparison would be flawed. You are correct, it was a silly thing to say.

As for being a better chess player i don't think you are and what is more, when i reach 1800/1900 i am coming to get you, you may play the Sicilian Najdorf till your little ol heart is content, its a two edged sword.

Please be assured i am not bitter, nothing could be further from the truth, my only regret is that i may have offended you in the process of a rather heated debate, which i can assure you, was never my intent at the outset. Please understand that i regard cheating in chess as a kind of treachery, a betrayal of self, a form of delusion for what is chess but a search for truth, for I am sure you are aware as Lasker pointed out and as Fischer quoted at the outset of his famous book, lies and hypocrisy don't last very long on the chess board. If i have indirectly accused you of this then i am truly sorry.

kind regards to you and yours Robbie

P.S i really do think that your chess is interesting having followed not a few of your Sicilian games, Also i am going to have a game posted on here which i lost to a 1400-1500 rated friend, so please be kind to me! 🙂

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
28 Dec 10
1 edit

Fair enough, but understand this. Flash is a founding member of this site and to receive a congratoraly PM from him is pretty special. To have him post it the fora is especially special. To have you diss it is distasteful.

You could do worse than PM the apology to him - he deserves it.

skeeter

Moves
28 Dec 10

I messaged Skeeter a couple of years ago asking for a friendly game just so i could play a top player. I got no reply, however i did also put at the end of my message "Good luck in the Ashes". So i thought now would be a good time to get that in and apologise to Skeets for my unsound flag knowledge, which, honestly, is normally very good.

All the Best Robbie

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by brit commando
I messaged Skeeter a couple of years ago asking for a friendly game just so i could play a top player. I got no reply, however i did also put at the end of my message "Good luck in the Ashes". So i thought now would be a good time to get that in and apologise to Skeets for my unsound flag knowledge, which, honestly, is normally very good.

All the Best Robbie
Hi Robbie. Don't recall that PM but the 'Ashes' reference would have certainly buried it. On a happier note England look real good to retain the Ashes from those under-arm umpire bullies. Real Aussie character now coming through when they're on the back end of a hiding. Day four tommorow and England will have them all out chasing less than 100 with five sessions to go. Wouldn't miss a ball. I do support NZ and anyone else playing Australia. Go the Barmy..!

skeets

T

Moves
28 Dec 10

I do support NZ and anyone else playing Australia. Go the Barmy..!

skeets
You are a New Zealander?! 😀

I knew we were the best in the world!

Congratulations Skeeter and may you have many more victories to come!

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by Tiwaking
You are a New Zealander?! 😀

I knew we were the best in the world!

Congratulations Skeeter and may you have many more victories to come!
Ta heaps. Been a slog but it's getting there. PM me if you need to whatever...

xxx skeeter

st johnstone

Moves
28 Dec 10

my dear lady, i have made a career of challenging authority, senior member means nothing to me, never the less you are correct, it was a genuine compliment and i apologise wholeheartedly to you and the flashdude. As for engine analysis, well you see, it would not be a simple comparison against my match ups and yours, but against your opponents and y ...[text shortened]... ve a game posted on here which i lost to a 1400-1500 rated friend, so please be kind to me! 🙂
interesting that you have a career in challenging authority never seen that type of job advertised. skeeter is the best and not a cheat get over it. we should all be congratulating her not trying to be pathetic with unfound accusations,(dont mean you) PS do you have a secret crush on her?

rc

Moves
28 Dec 10
2 edits

Originally posted by roma45
interesting that you have a career in challenging authority never seen that type of job advertised. skeeter is the best and not a cheat get over it. we should all be congratulating her not trying to be pathetic with unfound accusations,(dont mean you) PS do you have a secret crush on her?
do you have a secret crush on her?

I harbour a secret desire to crush her, not on her, i will even offer her, as a gentleman, a queens knight or a pawn and a move odds, it would only be fair after all, 😛

st johnstone

Moves
28 Dec 10

do you have a secret crush on her?

I harbour a secret desire to crush her, not on her, i will even offer her, as a gentleman, a queens knight or a pawn and a move odds, it would only be fair after all, 😛
oh no you have sussed me out i am a skeeter fan. would gladly ref a otb game between you and her, i know who i would bet on.