skeeter

skeeter

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
11 Jan 11

I've been planning this since that day in January 1972 when I played my
first tournament game and won with an opening trap.

I knew I would never have the time (or money) to go around the globe
playing in these tournaments gathering IM and GM norms.

So I went for this 40 year training plan.
From no title to GM in 11 rounds. A cinch.

The only problem will be Karpov. (we were born within days of each other).
If he enters I may have to check the rules and see if I can still a GM title for
tying for first place.

Z

Moves
11 Jan 11

Northern Lad is a FM.

D
Up a

gumtree

Moves
11 Jan 11

Originally posted by Zygalski
Northern Lad is a FM.
So one possible master in the top 20, and that one isn't easily verifiable. Try sticking Northern Lad in the FIDE search thingy and see what you get. I don't think there is much reality to the claim that anyone at the top on RHP has been outperforming masters to be honest, but that is really due to a lack of masters to outperform.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
12 Jan 11

Originally posted by David Tebb
The Fide site only shows the ratings since the year 2000. I was rated over 2300 a few years earlier than that - probably around 15 years ago.

The highest Fide rating I got to was 2320, but I soon slipped back to below 2300 again.

An ECF official once sent me a letter offering to obtain the Fide Master title for me, as I had met the rating requireme ...[text shortened]... terline, I’m quite relieved that I didn’t claim the FM title. It would just be embarrassing.
Count me as part of the group that sees no embarrassment at all to qualify for the FM title. I only wish I were that good, and I am certain that I am not alone in my wishes.

Paul

c

Romania

Moves
17 Jan 11

If I remember correctly, there was another girl here, who vanished like a smoke: Mariska Angela. Again, very young, very strong, yet no ELO, no OTB games, nothing.

ml

out on bail

Moves
17 Jan 11

Originally posted by cotoi
If I remember correctly, there was another girl here, who vanished like a smoke: Mariska Angela. Again, very young, very strong, yet no ELO, no OTB games, nothing.
Well, she moved 16 days ago!

D

Moves
17 Jan 11

Originally posted by cotoi
Vanished, or transfigured?
Persona on RHP is easily altered. Even playing styles, if one is copying a known GM.
One never knows who one is playing on the internet. It's why I like to get a good conversation going. I tried with Mariska, to no avail. Even doubt the gender, let alone the nationality.

c

Romania

Moves
19 Jan 11

Originally posted by DanTriola
Vanished, or transfigured?
Persona on RHP is easily altered. Even playing styles, if one is copying a known GM.
One never knows who one is playing on the internet. It's why I like to get a good conversation going. I tried with Mariska, to no avail. Even doubt the gender, let alone the nationality.
One never knows what is playing on the internet 🙂