PAWN RIOT VS The Forum Move 30

PAWN RIOT VS The Forum Move 30

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
09 May 09

Originally posted by Macpo
Sorry! Thanks for remarking! you are definitely right! I missed that...

but here, what about 37. ... Nxh4 ?

it looks pretty ok for us, doesn't it?
That is probably ok but still a draw in my opinion... We would have to eliminate 37...Nxh4 38.Rxe7 Kg7? Since that is a dead draw instead 38...Kg8! And if 39.Kb3? (obvious looking move but a grave mistake.) we have 39...Ra5! 40.a4 Ng2! Which looks very good for us... Now that leaves 39.Re2 and 39.Re4 both of which look like they can probably draw...unless I have missed something these lines are still much better for white than the 37.Nxf5 lines.

s

Moves
09 May 09

I have been updating this game regularly in ChessBase since we started it.

Somehow the game has disappeared (and has been replaced with a new game I entered this morning), and with it all the variations we have been analysing and discussing along with all the other notes I made over the last few weeks (months?).

I ####### hate technology : (

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
09 May 09

Originally posted by streetfighter
I have been updating this game regularly in ChessBase since we started it.

Somehow the game has disappeared (and has been replaced with a new game I entered this morning), and with it all the variations we have been analysing and discussing along with all the other notes I made over the last few weeks (months?).

I ####### hate technology : (
You should be able to restore your system back to an earlier saved state (which contains all of that analysis). Windows allows you to do that... I have done it - but have forgotten how

s

Moves
10 May 09

Originally posted by ptobler
You should be able to restore your system back to an earlier saved state (which contains all of that analysis). Windows allows you to do that... I have done it - but have forgotten how
Thanks ptobler, I'll try that. I think I know how to do it.

t

Moves
11 May 09

Where is Paul? I think its an overwhelming vote in favor of Ra4.

p

Moves
11 May 09
1 edit

Hi ... Since the thread kept getting analysis, I was giving it a while. ... I will tally up tomorrow, if no one has anything to add.

t

Moves
11 May 09

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
Hi ... Since the thread kept getting analysis, I was giving it a while. ... I will tally up tomorrow, if no one has anything to add.
Well what is your vote and analysis?

M

Moves
11 May 09

Originally posted by tomtom232
That is probably ok but still a draw in my opinion... We would have to eliminate 37...Nxh4 38.Rxe7 Kg7? Since that is a dead draw instead 38...Kg8! And if 39.Kb3? (obvious looking move but a grave mistake.) we have 39...Ra5! 40.a4 Ng2! Which looks very good for us... Now that leaves 39.Re2 and 39.Re4 both of which look like they can probably draw...unless I have missed something these lines are still much better for white than the 37.Nxf5 lines.
Go for Ra4!!

(and to tomtom: maybe we cannot avoid draw... but still, getting a situation between draw and win for us was pretty hard! so that ain't so bad, is it?)

t

Moves
11 May 09

Originally posted by Macpo
Go for Ra4!!

(and to tomtom: maybe we cannot avoid draw... but still, getting a situation between draw and win for us was pretty hard! so that ain't so bad, is it?)
I'm not saying this is going to be a draw I'm saying that the ...Nf5 line looks drawish to me.
Instead 33...Kg8!

p

Moves
11 May 09

Well what is your vote and analysis?
I guess I haven't been much of a help in a while. I'm sorry about that. I have been keeping myself fairly busy. I will try to give it a good looking over tomorrow.

t

Moves
11 May 09

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
I guess I haven't been much of a help in a while. I'm sorry about that. I have been keeping myself fairly busy. I will try to give it a good looking over tomorrow.
What could keep you away from this!? This game is more important than your life!

😲

p

Moves
11 May 09

🙂

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 May 09

What could keep you away from this!? This game is more important than your life!

😲
He had to go fishin, and there he was playin chess too by the river;

p

Moves
11 May 09

I've looked at the position a little bit. I must confess that we are in my area of ignorance (the endgame). Luckily, I can vote for Ra4 without affecting anything. hehe I think this will probably work out to a draw. Tomorrow, I will send Ra4 unless something changes overnight.

t

Moves
11 May 09

Originally posted by black beetle
He had to go fishin, and there he was playin chess too by the river;
What's YOUR analysis and vote?