My best chess game

My best chess game

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v

Moves
05 Sep 07

I think I have just finished my best chess game ever (still, I need to recheck it wit a computer to see if my sacrifices were correct)...anyway, the Q sack is for sure winning:

Game 3967407

SS

Moves
05 Sep 07
1 edit

z

Moves
05 Sep 07

Originally posted by vipiu
I think I have just finished my best chess game ever (still, I need to recheck it wit a computer to see if my sacrifices were correct)...anyway, the Q sack is for sure winning:

Game 3967407
Very nice.

v

Moves
05 Sep 07

thx,
for the R sack I found some lines where I get only some unclear piece+pawn+some activity versus rook, cute anyway because I do not get back the material imediately(imediately= 1 or 2 moves)

FL

Moves
05 Sep 07

I won't accuse you of cheating... but that queen sac really was wonderful and frankly a bit too good to be true. If you genuinely found it yourself then I salute you.

m

Moves
05 Sep 07

Originally posted by Fat Lady
I won't accuse you of cheating... but that queen sac really was wonderful and frankly a bit too good to be true. If you genuinely found it yourself then I salute you.
Not really, its a very ncie sac but its one of those moves you cn have a feeling about, see that the king can be sent up the board. Its not something to be found all the time but occasionally by an 1800-1900 player? easily.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Sep 07

You basically just did.

P-

v

Moves
05 Sep 07
1 edit

actually this was a bit easier to analyze than the R sack (which has more branches and also includes in the Q sack against the white Bg3 move that I thought that almost refuted my Rxg2) as if you spot it you can check it easier as it doesn't have branches(options for white)

and, do you think anyone would open a thread for a game in which he cheats ? 🙂

(edit: and, as someone said in some other thread, many of the tactic problems have Q sacks included these days)

FL

Moves
05 Sep 07

actually this was a bit easier to analyze than the R sack (which has more branches and also includes in the Q sack against the white Bg3 move that I thought that almost refuted my Rxg2) as if you spot it you can check it easier as it doesn't have branches(options for white)

and, do you think anyone would open a thread for a game in which he cheats ? 🙂
True. That would be like committing murder and then writing a book about how you did it.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6979457.stm

s

Moves
05 Sep 07

Game 3967407
That is beautiful. You get a rec.

z

Moves
05 Sep 07

Game 3967407
very nice, congratulations !

m

Moves
05 Sep 07

Nice! Congratulations!

Y
Renaissance

OnceInALifetime

Moves
05 Sep 07

That's a marvelous conception. I don't see how Black can possibly have sufficient compensation for the R if it were not for QxN+.

i.e. if it weren't for QxN, Neg1 should sufficiently protect the knight and I do not see the compensation for the rook.

So it requires Black to see the forced mate if QxN+ KxQ before the R sac.

So...very nice, if you missed Bg3 then you were very fortunate to find QxN...very nicely done!

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Sep 07
1 edit

19....Rxg2!! and 21...Qxf3!! are excellent moves. Very well played.

Fixer

Detroit

Moves
05 Sep 07

WOW!

That was beautiful.

Someday I hope I can find something that clever.