Ladders

Ladders

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p
pakeha

New Zealand

Moves
336d

I am wonder why there is nothing or THIS - in some places in the Ladders

F

Moves
335d

@pakeha said
I am wonder why there is nothing or THIS - in some places in the Ladders
My guess is that the hyphen instead of "Challenging" means that the player does not have a ladder-specific game that's not yet finished and resulted from this player's having issued a challenge, and the hyphen instead of "Defending" means that the player does not have a ladder-specific game that's not yet finished and resulted from this player's having received a challenge. I'm not sure that's clear, let alone correct. 🙂

p
pakeha

New Zealand

Moves
335d

@FMDavidHLevin
🙂 One needs to read what is there already when one already has a Higher placed player.

F

Moves
335d

@pakeha
I see that my original reply didn't properly address your question, being that I'm not sure I understand the question. It appears that blank is used as a placeholder on the ladders index page, whereas hyphen is used on the ladder detail page. In either case, the position within the row seems to clearly indicate whether it's for challenging or defending. Could you cite an example of what you find confusing or problematic.

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
333d

I think am get the question.

Am wonder why are ladder places in places to begin with.. 🤔