Kings and Pawns is closing the gap for the top spot on RHP!

Kings and Pawns is closing the gap for the top spot on RHP!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
06 Oct 11

Thaughbaer... Alice1 is just another "coincidence" 😛

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by Paul Leggett

I don't know who mentioned the computer part, but I'm not going to worry about that- it's part and parcel of almost any thread nowadays!
DerJager.. Page 2

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
06 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
"The next time I go to Africa I'll give you a call!"

Yahoooo! I'm off to Africa lads.

My wife won't let me travel all that way with a woman and I don't
want to go with that professor chap as I won't understand a word he says.

Can I go with K & P. Do I have to delete my profile?

I can hazerd a guess where you want me to stick the diamonds.
Yahoooo! I'm off to Africa lads.

My wife won't let me travel all that way with a woman and I don't want to go with that professor chap as I won't understand a word he says.

Take, Fat Lady. He's not so much of a lady that Mrs Pawn will mind and he's enough of a lady that you'll never notice the difference. Oh, and try India. There riches line the banks of the Ganges whereas here you have to get your fingers grubby.

Woo him with this little number:

Had we but world enough, and time,
This coyness, [fat] lady, were no crime.
We would sit down and think which way
To walk, and pass our long love's day;
Thou by the Indian Ganges' side
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide
Of Humber would complain. I would
Love you ten years before the Flood;
And you should, if you please, refuse
Till the conversion of the Jews.
My vegetable love should grow
Vaster than empires, and more slow.
An hundred years should go to praise
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze;
Two hundred to adore each breast,
But thirty thousand to the rest;
An age at least to every part,
And the last age should show your heart.
For, [fat] lady, you deserve this state,
Nor would I love at lower rate.

Apologies to Andrew Marvell

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
06 Oct 11
2 edits

Uhoh. Anyone here speak Italian ? I think I may have found K&P alive and well and living in Italy...

http://it-it.facebook.com/pages/Anziani-che-dopo-aver-compiuto-un-notevole-sforzo-fisico-dicono-oppala/147993371933786?sk=wall

Don't forget now.. K&P has confirmed that the picture is him. Who is this pesky European pretending to be K&P ?

Holy crap.. it looks like he's got 599 friends. The crocodiles and cannibals in Africa look quite appealing now. I think they may have already eaten poor Lex.. he's not been seen for days.

S

Moves
06 Oct 11

thaugbaer is quite the e-sleuth.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
06 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by SmittyTime
thaugbaer is quite the e-sleuth.
I'm wasted in IT. I should have been a spy or something. But thanks SmittyTime.. it's the thirst of Joe Public like you that keeps me going. Now I just need to work out how to hack phones....

There's a PayPal coffee in it for the first Italian ( not Amercican!!! Italian ) to friend this guy and find out who he is. See Alice.. I'm no "big man".. I haven't the guts to do it myself.

t

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by thaughbaer
I'm wasted in IT. I should have been a spy or something. But thanks SmittyTime.. it's the thirst of Joe Public like you that keeps me going. Now I just need to work out how to hack phones....
Hacking phones is easy one only needs an axe. However, if you want to tap phones you need a MUCH smaller axe.

D

Moves
06 Oct 11

Uhoh. Anyone here speak Italian ? I think I may have found K&P alive and well and living in Italy...

http://it-it.facebook.com/pages/Anziani-che-dopo-aver-compiuto-un-notevole-sforzo-fisico-dicono-oppala/147993371933786?sk=wall

Don't forget now.. K&P has confirmed that the picture is him. Who is this pesky European pretending to be K&P ?

Holy cra ...[text shortened]... te appealing now. I think they may have already eaten poor Lex.. he's not been seen for days.
I had Mariska Angela thinking I was Italian with the false "Alter Ego" persona on my profile page last year. She actually greeted me in Italian. Goes to show what you can do with a profile page. "Seeing is believing" does not translate to the electronic age well.
Unfortunately, I can't speak Italian. It's Greek to me!
Good work though, thaughbaer.

t

Moves
06 Oct 11

sherlock penguin as i can see from your profile page... interesting...

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
06 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by tharkesh
sherlock penguin as i can see from your profile page... interesting...
At last somebody notices. Have you all been reading this thread with your eyes closed ? Hang on.. let me update my picture too.

t

Moves
06 Oct 11
2 edits

Hang on.. let me update my picture too.
too late, took a snapshot of it...

edit: was the first hit on google with 'penguin sherlock': http://phoenixthegreat953.deviantart.com/art/Sherlock-Penguin-141451539?q=&qo=

edit2: which makes me think: are you really sherlock penguin? i think you might not be the one you claim...the picture was apparently taken in 1997 in Norway...

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
06 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by tharkesh
too late, took a snapshot of it...

edit: was the first hit on google with 'penguin sherlock': http://phoenixthegreat953.deviantart.com/art/Sherlock-Penguin-141451539?q=&qo=
No that's my avatar. Updated my picture too. I'm a bit lazier than Rings and Lawns. I couldn't be bothered to scroll down to page 3.

FA

Moves
07 Oct 11

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
07 Oct 11
1 edit

Holy cra te appealing now. I think they may have already eaten poor Lex.. he's not been seen for days.
Had a quick look at his profile and comments.

Apparently someone has notified him about the existence of his long lost twin who plays chess at Red Hot Pawn.

He is rather excited about this, as he has not seen him twin since 1944, when he was snatched from his family and ended up living in Italy.

He hopes that everything will be happy at the family reunion and he will create a new profile called Five Alive.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
07 Oct 11

Originally posted by morgski
Could we start a Pesky Europeans clan?

Multiple accounts optional of course
I thought all the pesky Europeans left, and now we call ourselves Americans...along with pesky people from a few other continents who have joined us- even the locals!