The moonbus red thumbs poll

The moonbus red thumbs poll

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 May 22
2 edits

@fmf said
Trying to get posts deleted is pro-free speech behaviour to your way of thinking?
That depends on the content of the posts, doesn't it? If posts were being spuriously alerted which were not in breach of laws within the jurisdiction of RHP or ToS, that's clearly an abuse of the system, but not, IMO, a sound reason for limiting the number of alerts a poster can send in a given time period. I suspect Rusty is on the right track, that the mods were simply sick and tired of chasing after chimeras, needed a rest, and a 'technical solution' was easier to implement than sending warnings to the spurious-alerters.

I am not in favour of removing park benches from public parks, just to keep vagrants from sleeping on them.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 May 22

@fmf said
Do you dispute that everyone having an unlimited number of anonymous attempts every day to curtail each other's speech by getting each other's posts deleted ~ and by extension, whole threads deleted ~ cannot be described as a pro-free speech facility?
I know what you and the gooster's problem is you want everything run your way!

-VR

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
I do not see a cogent argument for limiting the number of alerts a poster can send, a few abusers notwithstanding.
Well, it is BECAUSE of the abusers, so slapping the words "abusers notwithstanding" at the end of your sentence is a bit too gimmicky for me, moonbus.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
I do not see a cogent argument for limiting the number of posts a user can send in any given time period.
I must have missed something. Why are you saying this?

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
That depends on the content of the posts, doesn't it?
Would you perceive any of my exercise of free speech on this thread to warrant being curtailed or deleted?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 May 22
1 edit

@fmf said
It's right here in this conversation, the last couple of posts we have exchanged. Do you really think people like Suzianne and moonbus DON'T think Russ's decision to limit the number of thumbs per day was a bad decision?
Show me the exact quote, don't play run around the bush with me.

-VR

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
I suspect Rusty is on the right track, that the mods were simply sick and tired of chasing after chimeras, needed a rest, and a 'technical solution' was easier to implement than sending warnings to the spurious-alerters.
Then congratulations to the website for making a good decision.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@very-rusty said
Show me the exact quote, don't play beat around the bush with me.
Just go back and read the conversation. Copy-paste it verbatim, one post after the other, and then you will have it. I am not going to do it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 May 22

@fmf said
Then congratulations to the website for making a good decision.
So you are impressed with the amount of alerts that were being sent about you and the gooster? 🙂

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 May 22

@fmf said
Just go back and read the conversation. Copy-paste it verbatim, one post after the other, and then you will have it. I am not going to do it.
NO, you said it you do it find the exact quote for me.

-VR

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
I am not in favour of removing park benches from public parks, just to keep vagrants from sleeping on them.
No one has "removed the park benches from this public park" in this matter.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@very-rusty said
NO, you said it you do it find the exact quote for me.
No. I don't need to. The conversation is still there.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 May 22

@fmf said
FMF: Are you running away from showing me the exact posts? 🙂

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 May 22
2 edits

@fmf said
Do you dispute that everyone having an unlimited number of anonymous attempts every day to curtail each other's speech by getting each other's posts deleted ~ and by extension, whole threads deleted ~ cannot be described as a pro-free speech facility?
No poster has the power to get a post (except the original poster via 'remove' ) or a thread deleted. The mods have the last word; either you trust them, or you leave the site. There are no entitlements here.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 May 22

@fmf said
You want to eliminate thumbs altogether, don't you?