The moonbus red thumbs poll

The moonbus red thumbs poll

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 May 22
2 edits

@divegeester said
I haven’t claimed that there is a conspiracy and you asserting I have is simply a way for you to introduce your little “vanity” barb once again and driving it home with “flattering yourself” and a sort of roundhouse kick with “no one gives you a thought”

To use the debating vernacular, you created a “stawman” of my position in order to attack it because you’re pissed ...[text shortened]... stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Hurts doesn’t it … no! … oh well there you go, now you know 😉
Here's your conspiracy paranoia in your own words:

I’m looking forward to returning later and finding that Suzianne, and her loyal band of anonymous thumbers, have completely ignored Mchil’s sexist slur, but have unilaterally anonymously thumbed you and me down in an attempt to dish out “consequences” and provide us with “feedback”. Presumably for being forthright, open and honest.

Ponderable will chastise me for mentioning this in public and refer me to some protocol about taking it up with Suzianne privately.

Moonbus will start a poll about polls about never discussing the same topic more than … oh let’s say three times.

+++++++

Most of the drama on these boards is caused by disagreement .

All of that drama is amplified to ridiculous conflict by the cliquey clubs which in turn are empowered by the thumbing function. It’s been the same since I came here and they were called recs (recommended posts). You’re actually part of it with your silly little poll of thumbs and your little clique thumbing you up.

This thread is a perfect example of how the thumbing system turns honest disagreement in discussion, into a “oh look how many thumbs he’s got or hasn’t got”. It’s utterly pathetic and detracts massively from the integrity of these boards.

But hey the thumbs have it!!

Jeez.

+++++

Why did you post this in the spirituality forum when it clearly belongs in the debates forum?

It’s an interesting topic though as we see a lot of victimhood being played out in this forum and the general forum, we also see the formation of in and out groups, and the demonising of certain individuals or groups of individuals to create new alliances around which certain posters are able to build “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” alliances.

Don't bother to deny it.

Your attempt to manipulate or shut down the thumbs feature is fooling no one. You just want to reveal, silence, and harass your detractors.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@suzianne said
Rusty, as much as their group seems to auto-TD anything I post, I don't give a damn who red thumbs me.
Rusty, as much as [divegeester's/FMF's] group seems to auto-TD anything I post, I don't give a damn who red thumbs me.

Are you claiming that divegeester and I have a "group" that "auto-thumbs-down" anything/everything you post?

This is your claim?

moonbus is going to attempt to dismantle it, I think. Any minute now.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
Here's your conspiracy paranoia in your own words:

[i]
I’m looking forward to returning later and finding that Suzianne, and her loyal band of anonymous thumbers, have completely ignored Mchil’s sexist slur, but have unilaterally anonymously thumbed you and me down in an attempt to dish out “consequences” and provide us with “feedback”. Presumably for being forth ...[text shortened]... the thumbs feature is fooling no one. You just want to reveal, silence, and harass your detractors.
Of course I don’t deny it I stand by it.

But where did I say there is a “conspiracy”?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 May 22
3 edits

@moonbus said
Your attempt to manipulate or shut down the thumbs feature is fooling no one. You just want to reveal, silence, and harass your detractors.
Rubbish! I enjoy the cut and thrust, I’m enjoying this with you now. I’m enjoying it much more that I would be if you just anonymously thumbed down my posts.

Moonbus, you’re just pissed off because you’ve been called out for trying to close down debate on the thumbs issue and you’re pissed off that your stupid little poll backfired on you.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 May 22

@divegeester said
Rubbish! I enjoy the cut and thrust, I’m enjoying this with you now. I’m enjoying it much more that I would be if you just anonymously thumbed down my posts.
Would you say your enjoyment was on the right side of healthy or a tad into the realm of self-indulgent masochism?

F

Moves
22 May 22
1 edit

@moonbus said
Dive lobbied (successfully) to get the alert function emasculated so he would see fewer alerts, and now you're trying to emasculate the thumbs feature for the same reason.
Dive lobbied (successfully) to get the alert function emasculated so he would see fewer alerts

moonbus, were you engaging in the kind of alerting that was adjudged to be abuse by Russ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 May 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Would you say your enjoyment was on the right side of healthy or a tad into the realm of self-indulgent masochism?
Why do you ask?

F

Moves
22 May 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It would be interesting to see you pose this exact question to Suzianne. But I don't think you will.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 May 22

@divegeester said
Why do you ask?
Curious if you still had some perspective.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 May 22

@fmf said
Dive lobbied (successfully) to get the alert function emasculated so he would see fewer alerts

moonbus, were you engaging in the kind of alerting that was adjudged to be abuse by Russ?
No.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
No.
Do you think Russ made the site worse by changing the alerts mechanism?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 May 22
2 edits

LOL....Hard to believe this conversation is still going on. Well it is the gooster and dive keeping it going. Man, they love attention! 🙂

EDIT: fmf, do you really think anyone is going to say anything bad about Russ?....Stop pulling chains! Why would he want to make his own site worst?? Did you get enough sleep?

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 May 22

@divegeester said

Moonbus, you’re just pissed off because you’ve been called out for trying to close down debate on the thumbs issue and you’re pissed off that your stupid little poll backfired on you.
a) You don't piss me off.

b) I earnestly tried to contribute to the discussion. Note the title of this now third thread on the same topic, if you doubt that.

c) The poll was not well attended, that's true. If you think it is stupid to ask people whether taking down the thumbs feature is a good idea, who's trying to stifle discussion then?

F

Moves
22 May 22

@very-rusty said
fmf, do you really think anyone is going to say anything bad about Russ?
Well, there are people saying Russ's decisions about the alerts mechanism was bad.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 May 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Do you think Russ made the site worse by changing the alerts mechanism?
I saw no sound reason to limit the number of alerts given by a single user. The mods still have the last word, and that's good enough for me. If some poster, for example, tries to use the site to sell fake passports and posts twenty adverts for his illegitimate business at 3 a.m. and some other user spots them at 3:10, why shouldn't he alert them all at once? I have on occasion alerted exactly such posts, advertising illegitimate businesses here.