1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 08:06
    What, if any, small valueless objects of sentimentality have you kept over the years?

I have kept my name badges from my early years in retail which depict the various job roles I held. Later I kept a single business card from the different job titles I had in the corporate world.

I also have a small titanium plate with a couple of titanium screws which was used to keep my radius together while it healed from a break.

You?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 08:35
    Your best thread in a while Dive.

Last year I went to see the movie 'Belfast' in Bogota with a girl i was kind of seeing, I kept both tickets, we're still in contact and when I see her next I plan to give her one of them.

I have a load of crap gathered from travelling but on a sentimental level probably just the various drawings and paintings I've picked up along the way.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 08:49
    @divegeester said
    What, if any, small valueless objects of sentimentality have you kept over the years?

I have kept my name badges from my early years in retail which depict the various job roles I held. Later I kept a single business card from the different job titles I had in the corporate world.

I also have a small titanium plate with a couple of titanium screws which was used to keep my radius together while it healed from a break.

You?
    The same fob for my motorcycle key since 1998... 25 years. It's a a small Africa-shaped piece of wood.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 09:08
    @divegeester said

You?
    I’ve a glass cabinet displaying lots of little card, wood and clay objects that my sons made in primary school.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 09:23
    Tough crowd this morning 😹
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 09:27
    @woodgirl said
    I’ve a glass cabinet displaying lots of little card, wood and clay objects that my sons made in primary school.
    That's nice. At 16 i built a bedside table for school, my parents didn't need it at the time and at 16 i didn't care. So my sister took it, few years later and she had her first and only kids, it went into his room and stayed there ever since.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 10:45
    @divegeester

Photographs. Of people I have known. My brother was burned out of house and home, just managed to get his wife and two kids to safety. By the time the fire dept. arrived, there was nothing left but embers. Later, my mother, sister, and I put together an album of family photos for him. Baby pics, school pics, camping pic, of all of us. He cried for joy.
  8. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 11:291 edit
    A shovel from my days of gravedigging. It makes me smile even though its old, useless and very rusty.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 11:36
    Paintings, some of which my father brought to me, he had a feeling for art, they are part of the family now. An old piece of furniture from my grandmother's home.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 12:11
    @the-gravedigger said
    A shovel from my days of gravedigging. It makes me smile even though its old, useless and very rusty.
    Do you also have a rusty bucket?
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 12:22
    I have some momentos my dad got during his “run” as a Bren Gun Carrier driver during the Second World War.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 12:471 edit
    @divegeester said

You?
    I am very protective of my knicknacks,I treat them like the crown jewels.Mrs badger often gives them a Polish.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 13:07
    @the-gravedigger said
    You just made the crap list t-g.

-VR
  14. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 13:17
    @a-unique-nickname said
    Do you also have a rusty bucket?
    No, she ran off.
  15. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 13:18
    @very-rusty said
    You just made the crap list t-g.

-VR
    Because I have a badly corroded spade?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree