Royal Wedding

Royal Wedding

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 May 18

Originally posted by @very-rusty
No one knows what "kids" who grow up without mothers experience except those kids of course. A big deal is made out of it because Harry was from the Royal Family.

A kid who was from the ghetto who did well wouldn't even have been recognized.

-VR
Frankly, I find that's typical ex-pat behaviour everywhere, from everywhere.

Moves
22 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
It’s amusing how people like Wolfgang59 emigrate to the other side of the world and subsequently spend all their time bemoaning the state of the UK.
Rather on a royal wedding that on security around the Prez' Twitter feed, mate.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 May 18

Originally posted by @ashiitaka
The fact that you have written multiple posts with the typical republican sentiments.
Why would you think that being a republican is "against the queen".

I'm Liz2 must have wished for a republic over the last 60 years!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Pardon my asumption. You must have been a Tory boy at school; a product of your parents upbringing no doubt.
My parents both left school at 14, working class and aspired to
living in a Council house. (Never achieved due to waiting lists)
Four of us lived in a one bedroom flat with a shared toilet and
no bathroom so you can F*** off with your assumptions.

Why have you turned into such a TWAT?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 May 18

You were a Tory? You've taken a step backwards in life mate. ๐Ÿ™‚
I grew up.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 May 18

Same in the UK...

She has been serving us since she worked as a truck mechanic and driver in the dark days of the 1940's.
My uncle was a mechanic in WW2.
Never got the chance at playing monarch though ...

A

RSA

Moves
22 May 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
My parents both left school at 14, working class and aspired to
living in a Council house. (Never achieved due to waiting lists)
Four of us lived in a one bedroom flat with a shared toilet and
no bathroom so you can F*** off with your assumptions.

Why have you turned into such a TWAT?
Oh, stop with the faux outrage already. Everyone has hardships in their lives - it just takes a person with character to realize that your life is in your hands and it's nobody else's responsibility to pay for your poor life choices. True equality is equality of opportunity. If you squander that, well, that's just too bad. If you don't rise above your circumstances, do the work and stop throwing a pity party, don't come crying and advocating for communism. Leftism breeds parasites, leeching off those who worked instead of wallowing.

A

RSA

Moves
22 May 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Why would you think that being a republican is "against the queen".

I'm Liz2 must have wished for a republic over the last 60 years!
?....

The definition of a republican is someone who wants to get rid of the Queen. It's.... uh... pretty self-explanatory.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 May 18

[b]Oh, stop with the faux outrage already. b]
Folow the narrative.
I was responding to;
You must have been a Tory boy at school; a product of your parents upbringing no doubt.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 May 18

?....

The definition of a republican is someone who wants to get rid of the Queen. It's.... uh... pretty self-explanatory.
No it isn't.
The queen could be a republican.

She might well (and justifiably) want to get rid of the monarchy.
I have the utmost respect for her and she has worked far too hard over the years.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 May 18

True equality is equality of opportunity. If you squander that, well, that's just too bad. If you don't rise above your circumstances, do the work and stop throwing a pity party, don't come crying and advocating for communism.
So divegeester chides me for my "Privileged life"
and you chide me for squandering my opportunities.

I really don't know where I am!

OMG. I rose above my circumstances and still have feelings for others! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Shame on me.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 May 18

True equality is equality of opportunity.
Not everyone has had the "Opportunity" of living on "most of the Caribbean islands"
you are pretty unique in that. (I suppose you are in the Guinness Book of Records for that?)

IP

Moves
22 May 18

Oh, stop with the faux outrage already. Everyone has hardships in their lives - it just takes a person with character to realize that your life is in your hands and it's nobody else's responsibility to pay for your poor life choices. True equality is equality of opportunity. If you squander that, well, that's just too bad. If you don't rise above your cir ...[text shortened]... ing for communism. Leftism breeds parasites, leeching off those who worked instead of wallowing.
Actually I believe the post was posted in response to an incorrect assumption rather than any kind of 'outrage'.

As a general point, being born into lowly circumstances is not a 'life choice', it's a life, and if you really think that everybody has the same and equal opportunities then you're not living in the same world as I am. Whatever the playing field may be and however any one of us plays the game, it is not level.

And just for the record, I came from somewhere near the bottom and I did alright, so I'm not grinding a personal ax, but let's not kid ourselves that we're all born equal.

รœber-Nerd

Moves
22 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
I get where you're coming from, I love my country too, even with all the drama of the last two years. I also get it that many in Europe will bad-mouth the US, I just wish they'd realize that this is why people like me were so distraught that our government has taken such a wrong turn. We love our country too, so yes, even though much of the criticism is warranted, the constant negativity by some does get tiring.
It is possible to love a country and despise the sitting administration.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
It is possible to love a country and despise the sitting administration.
Um, yeah, I thought that's what I said.