Notable death

Notable death

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
03 Apr 20

Lean On Me
Lovely Day
Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone

Bill Withers dies at 81

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
03 Apr 20

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Apr 20

@rookie54 said
Lean On Me
Lovely Day
Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone

Bill Withers dies at 81
A tragic loss. Great voice.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
03 Apr 20

Bill Withers, 81, great singer. "Lovely Day" is my fav. "Ain't No Sunshine" - a real tear jerker. Brings tears to the eyes, he sings with so much passion.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Apr 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Bill Withers, 81, great singer. "Lovely Day" is my fav. "Ain't No Sunshine" - a real tear jerker. Brings tears to the eyes, he sings with so much passion.
I have the CD version of Just As I Am, 1971, with "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Grandma's Hands", along with a version of McCartney and Lennon's "Let It Be".

A great album to play when I open up the windows in my house and start my weekly chores on Sunday morning after church.

Moves
03 Apr 20

@rookie54

Makes me sad. Fantastic voice and he retired far too early.

Gothenburg

Moves
03 Apr 20

Gothenburg

Moves
03 Apr 20

@suzianne said
I have the CD version of Just As I Am, 1971, with "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Grandma's Hands", along with a version of McCartney and Lennon's "Let It Be".

A great album to play when I open up the windows in my house and start my weekly chores on Sunday morning after church.
I didn't know about this singer until now - like his music.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Apr 20

@kegge said

Makes me sad. Fantastic voice and he retired far too early.
Apparently he had a stutter (when he spoke) which was a factor in him retiring early. (I never knew that).

As an aside, hope you will be contributing again to the writing competition this year?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Apr 20

@earl-of-trumps said
May he rest in peace!!! I also enjoyed "Lean on me", "Ain't no Sunshine" was probably my favourite one.

-VR

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
04 Apr 20
1 edit

Yesterday, Elias Marsalis, father of musical greats Wynton and Bradford...himself a musical mastermind.., of complications due to coronavirus. He was 85 years old.

Sorry, rookie, you already posted that 😢

mlb62

Moves
04 Apr 20
2 edits

Arianne Caoili, wife of Super GM Levon Aronian has just died due to injuries from a solo car crash. She was 33 yrs old, and had earned a PHD in economics.. She was also a chess player, having the IM title..

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Apr 20

@ogb said
Arianne Caoili, wife of Super GM Levon Aronian has just died due to injuries from a solo car crash. She was 33 yrs old, and had earned a PHD in economics.. She was also a chess player, having the IM title..
Although I don't know her, always sad to hear someone so young passing!

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
06 Apr 20

Honor Blackman, the first femal star of the Avengers has died aged 94.

I was fascinated with the series when being young, but coudn't get the taste back when watching a rerun a few years back.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
07 Apr 20

@Ponderable

She was also a Bond Girl (Pussy Galore, in Goldfinger).

Obituary:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-11162866