Notable death

Notable death

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
297d

@torunn said
Irish singer Sinéad O’Connor has died at the age of 56.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-EF60neguk
Shuhada Sadaqat was what she called herself after converting to Islam. She once torn up a photo of the pope on live TV and some people got upset about that. I didn’t know any of her music, I didn’t even know she was still alive tbh.

Gothenburg

Moves
297d

@divegeester said
Shuhada Sadaqat was what she called herself after converting to Islam. She once torn up a photo of the pope on live TV and some people got upset about that. I didn’t know any of her music, I didn’t even know she was still alive tbh.
Nothing compares 2 U was a big hit. She was a songwriter, composer, musician. She had a difficult childhood, troubled life, mental problems, her son Shane committed suicide, 17 years old. Her tearing up a photo of the pope was done in protest of sexual abuse of children carried out in the Catholic church.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
296d

Randy Meisner
eagles
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/randy-meisner-eagles-dead-dies_n_64c3030ee4b044bf98f442ce

F

Moves
296d

@divegeester said
She once torn up a photo of the pope on live TV and some people got upset about that.
Funnily enough, it wasn't the flimsiness of their own support for freedom of speech that upset them.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
296d

@torunn said
Nothing compares 2 U was a big hit. She was a songwriter, composer, musician. She had a difficult childhood, troubled life, mental problems, her son Shane committed suicide, 17 years old. Her tearing up a photo of the pope was done in protest of sexual abuse of children carried out in the Catholic church.
I remember that song; it was a cover version, not written by her. I don’t remember anything else she wrote, did, stood for. She doesn’t get on my culture radar. I’m just aware of her being a bit of a nonentity musically; someone who seems to generate a lot of oohing and ahhing, but I don’t know for what. She seems to be famous for being a “troubled person” and covering one song about 30 years ago.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
296d

@divegeester said
I remember that song; it was a cover version, not written by her. I don’t remember anything else she wrote, did, stood for. She doesn’t get on my culture radar. I’m just aware of her being a bit of a nonentity musically; someone who seems to generate a lot of oohing and ahhing, but I don’t know for what. She seems to be famous for being a “troubled person” and covering one song about 30 years ago.
She had bipolar disorder. Not sure that it was ever diagnosed properly. Her four marriages probably attested to that. She was also diagnosed with complex PTSD and BPD. Another complex woman who was absolutely let down by not only mental health professionals but also the Catholic Church.

After acheiving superstar status after her critically acclaimed second album, she eschewed that status by saying, "I'm just a protest singer." I don't think her fame meant very much to her.

Gothenburg

Moves
296d

@suzianne said
She had bipolar disorder. Not sure that it was ever diagnosed properly. Her four marriages probably attested to that. She was also diagnosed with complex PTSD and BPD. Another complex woman who was absolutely let down by not only mental health professionals but also the Catholic Church.

After acheiving superstar status after her critically acclaimed second album, she ...[text shortened]... that status by saying, "I'm just a protest singer." I don't think her fame meant very much to her.
She wrote music for other artists. She was too troubled to manage a career and too busy just trying to manage her life which was, as you say, extremely complicated. She couldn't get over the death of her son.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
293d

paul reubens, aka pee wee herman

Moves
292d

@rookie54 said
paul reubens, aka pee wee herman
Finally yanked off his mortal coil.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
292d

The sticky Thread game Thread 116426 has lost its sticky and died.

@Great-Big-Stees was the last poster in the thread.
It's demise had been foretold by @Ice-Cold already July 20th 2009, so no big surprise.

G

Moves
291d

I lost a dearly loved friend today. Our cat The Sundance Kitten was put to sleep today due to terminal liver disease.
He is survived by his brother Butch Catsidy and foster brother Ozzy.

Australia

Moves
291d
1 edit

@ponderable said

It's demise had been foretold by @Ice-Cold already July 20th 2009, so no big surprise.
Sad to see it go. After 16,316 posts and 14 years.

mlb62

Moves
291d

@Gambrel
my condolences ... pets are truly part of the family...

Moves
291d

@ponderable said

Like life itself.🤔👍

Moves
291d

@gambrel said
I lost a dearly loved friend today. Our cat The Sundance Kitten was put to sleep today due to terminal liver disease.
He is survived by his brother Butch Catsidy and foster brother Ozzy.
😢