Meeting posters in the real world

Meeting posters in the real world

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
139d

@moonbus said
Yes, and in the proper order of priority: beer, food, chess. As I beat him 2 games to 1, he kindly paid for the beer, hence, a fine specimen of humanity.
Reflected in his posting here, making him a worthy winner of the POTY 2023 award.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
139d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Reflected in his posting here, making him a worthy winner of the POTY 2023 award.
Pondy has my approval, I am sure he is the Gentleman in Person as he is in here. I can't say that about others who will go unmentioned. πŸ™‚

There are some I may meet someday, some I know I'll never meet. I have a handful on here I consider good chess buddies, even a few who I consider Friends without having met them. πŸ™‚

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
139d

@divegeester said
What do beer, food, chess, who won, who paid or fine specimen of humanity have to do with the quantity of anonymous votes about his posting on this backwater forum board?
Why should being an all round nice guy and a sensible conversationalist be acknowledged as an all round round nice guy and a sensible conversationalist ? Blimey, I can't imagine why those two facts should be at all related, .... in this backwater forum board. Just a wild but happy coincidence. Sort of like how life got started in the primordial soup, I guess.

Gothenburg

Moves
139d

@very-rusty said
Pondy has my approval, I am sure he is the Gentleman in Person as he is in here. I can't say that about others who will go unmentioned. πŸ™‚

There are some I may meet someday, some I know I'll never meet. I have a handful on here I consider good chess buddies, even a few who I consider Friends without having met them. πŸ™‚

-VR
If it hadn't been for the internet we wouldn't have met at all, perhaps none of us.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
139d

@torunn said
If it hadn't been for the internet we wouldn't have met at all, perhaps none of us.
If I may be so bold as to say with some that wouldn't be such a bad thing as never having met them at all. πŸ™‚

-VR

Moves
139d

Moves
139d

c

Moves
139d
1 edit

6exual Joined 27 Jan '24, I'm not Sherlock Holmes but ...

@6exual, you're username is quite unique, have you got every agency on your back i.e. FBI, SWAT, NYPD etc unless you're a fat Fed posting on these forums. πŸ™‚

pun intended

Moves
139d
1 edit

Moves
139d

Moves
139d

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Err, this is a chess site.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
139d
1 edit

It was my pleasure and honour to meet

Roma
CanItakeitback
Fatbox4544

In all cases they were nothing like I had expected from the dialogue on this site, extremely interesting, and great people to be with, so much so that i had a couple of evenings out (including beer and curries) with the one.

Another was a dark horse who I usually win against on RHP, but we set pieces up OTB in a working men's club with a couple of pints and he kicked my arse Royally (different game).

The third I met up regulalry in an Art Gallery and he was such enjpyable company.

I have more lined up for America, if the insanity that the world is currently going through doesn't overspill.

Peace Love and Light ! πŸ˜‰

Moves
138d

@divegeester said
One day, perhaps.
Likewise with me.πŸ‘πŸΊ

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
138d

@congruent said
6exual Joined 27 Jan '24, I'm not Sherlock Holmes but ...

@6exual, you're username is quite unique, have you got every agency on your back i.e. FBI, SWAT, NYPD etc unless you're a fat Fed posting on these forums. πŸ™‚

pun intended
Correct, your not Sherlock Holmes.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
138d

The poster I would most like to meet up with is @Hand-Of-Hecate; he shoots for a hobby and I’d like to do a round with him.