Meeting posters in the real world

Meeting posters in the real world

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
125d

@very-rusty said
All I get from the link is a Calendar.

-VR
When you get to the website, first click on the timeline strip at the top, where the years are displayed.
When the calendar for that year pops up, you then need to click on the days that are highlighted.
That should take you to the RHP page that was captured on that day.
When you get to the RHP page, you can click on some of the links shown there and actually move to some of the other pages.
For example, If you go to the forum page, you can click on threads and sometimes they will still open up, etc.
If you go all the way back to 2001, you will see that the forum layout was very different!
So, you just need to start clicking on things and see what happens!

RHP Member No.16

Moves
125d

@torunn said
There were very good photos at Phlabibit's place with Stees, Andy with wife, and I believe Busygirl and Sunburnt and some more but I can't recollect their names.
I agree Torunn. I saw them when they were made available online, but cannot find them now.

I was hoping someone who was there, such as GBS, might still have access to them so they can be shared along with the pictures from the England and Ireland meet-ups.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
125d

@mwmiller said
When you get to the website, first click on the timeline strip at the top, where the years are displayed.
When the calendar for that year pops up, you then need to click on the days that are highlighted.
That should take you to the RHP page that was captured on that day.
When you get to the RHP page, you can click on some of the links shown there and actually move t ...[text shortened]... orum layout was very different!
So, you just need to start clicking on things and see what happens!
Ok Thanks, will give it a go.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
125d

@mwmiller said
@Very-Rusty
I was hoping you could narrow the time down to maybe a year and month, but thanks for the reply! 🙂 Maybe GBS will know, since he was there.
Yes, If he still has his passport it would be on that as it would have been stamped crossing the boarder. He actually would have been much closer than me. I'd send him a P.M. if I were you. 🙂

-VR

Moves
125d

@mwmiller said
@Very-Rusty
I was hoping you could narrow the time down to maybe a year and month, but thanks for the reply! 🙂 Maybe GBS will know, since he was there.
I “think” the first year for the Rhode Island meet up was 2010. I had pics from then, on my then laptop, which unfortunately died and I’m unable to get at them.😢

RHP Member No.16

Moves
125d

@very-rusty said
Yes, If he still has his passport it would be on that as it would have been stamped crossing the boarder. He actually would have been much closer than me. I'd send him a P.M. if I were you. 🙂

-VR
So then you are assuming that GBS crossed the border legally? But back then we might have been doing a better job of keeping out the illegals, so he may have had to use that passport!

🙂 Just joking, in case anyone who reads this lacks a sense of humor... We let anyone in.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
125d

@the-gravedigger said
Just as well. The biggest member of the chess gang would have got duffed up. 😉 😛
🤭

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
125d
1 edit

@mwmiller said
So then you are assuming that GBS crossed the border legally? But back then we might have been doing a better job of keeping out the illegals, so he may have had to use that passport!

🙂 Just joking, in case anyone who reads this lacks a sense of humor... We let anyone in.
I may stand corrected on this one, but I believe back in 2010 one needed a passport to get into the States. That was a reason I got mine so I could visit relatives in Boston. I was told I would need a passport.

I found this on the net: When did you start needing a passport to go to USA?

American and Canadian citizens entering the United States through land or sea borders must have a passport or other special federally-approved ID starting June 1, 2009.Mar 27, 2008

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
121d

@great-big-stees said
I “think” the first year for the Rhode Island meet up was 2010. I had pics from then, on my then laptop, which unfortunately died and I’m unable to get at them.😢
If it wasn't the hard drive which dies, it should be comparatively easy ro retrieve.

Moves
121d

@ponderable said
If it wasn't the hard drive which dies, it should be comparatively easy ro retrieve.
I think I’ll try taking it to a “pro”. I miss my laptop. I call(ed) it Sauce, what with it being an HP laptop.👍

Gothenburg

Moves
121d

@great-big-stees said
I think I’ll try taking it to a “pro”. I miss my laptop. I call(ed) it Sauce, what with it being an HP laptop.👍
I believe you called it Pearl on some occasion.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
121d

@great-big-stees said
Always back-up 👍🏻

Moves
121d

@divegeester said
Always back-up 👍🏻
A lesson learned and also when you delete something delete it again because on the first deletion just goes to a holding area.😲👍

Moves
121d

@great-big-stees said
A lesson learned and also when you delete something delete it again because on the first deletion just goes to a holding area.😲👍
😂

Gothenburg

Moves
121d

@torunn said
I believe you called it Pearl on some occasion.
Sorry, I forgot to add a 🙂