Meeting posters in the real world

Meeting posters in the real world

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
139d

It's happened to me 9 times, and only 1 was a disappointment. Some of the others have become real friends.

What experiences have you had?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
139d

@kewpie said
It's happened to me 9 times, and only 1 was a disappointment.
Ok… who (username) was the disappointment?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
139d

@kewpie said

I’ve met 3 people from here; @palynka in Paris, @lausey in Milton Keynes and @rbmorris in Southampton. No disappointments.

Almost met Trev33 (unique username) in Belfast but work intervened. Almost met @Nordlys in London but again work intervened.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
139d

i have stories (and pictures) about the life and times of @Hand-of-Hecate that i am bound by law to never reveal
prolly three maybe four
i do not recommend meeting me

F

Moves
139d

@kewpie said
Indonesia Phil and his better half have become very good friends and we have met up in person, I'd say, at least half a dozen times. There are several others but they are not "posters", per se.

As for friends "in the real world" ~ where the "real world" is defined as 'that which is not here at RHP' ~ then there are numerous people here I interact with.

F

Moves
139d

@rookie54 said
i have stories (and pictures) about the life and times of @Hand-of-Hecate that i am bound by law to never reveal
You might consider using a sarcophagus like the one used to encase the now-defunct Chernobyl power plant.

Moves
139d

@kewpie said
It's happened to me 9 times, and only 1 was a disappointment. Some of the others have become real friends.

I've met a few at the Irish meetup and one other who doesn't post in the forums. All good people.

Only disappointment was not meeting Dive, he owes me a Guinness. As does Stees for not going to Edinburgh and moving so slowly in our game.

Gothenburg

Moves
139d

@kewpie said

For those who don't already know, I have met you Kewpie and your husband in Gothenburg some years ago, and will be happy to meet you both again this summer for a tour around Sweden.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
138d

@a-unique-nickname said

Only disappointment was not meeting Dive, he owes me a Guinness.
One day, perhaps.

Über-Nerd

Moves
138d

@kewpie said

I met Pondy, for beer, Mexican food, and a few skittles games. I can confirm that he is a fine specimen of humanity and fully deserving of his POTY23 award.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
138d

@moonbus said
I met Pondy, for beer, Mexican food, and a few skittles games. I can confirm that he is a fine specimen of humanity and fully deserving of his POTY23 award.
Interesting criteria you have adopted there moon.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
138d

I have met four people and with one I failed in London some years ago.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
138d

@ponderable said
I have met four people and with one I failed in London some years ago.
A little bird told me that you have the biggest smile 😊

Über-Nerd

Moves
138d
1 edit

@divegeester said
Interesting criteria you have adopted there moon.
Yes, and in the proper order of priority: beer, food, chess. As I beat him 2 games to 1, he kindly paid for the beer, hence, a fine specimen of humanity.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
138d
1 edit

@moonbus said
Yes, and in the proper order of priority: beer, food, chess. As I beat him 2 games to 1, he kindly paid for the beer, hence, a fine specimen of humanity.
What do beer, food, chess, who won, who paid or fine specimen of humanity have to do with the quantity of anonymous votes about his posting on this backwater forum board?