"Internet Trolls..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
https://havewehadhelp.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/internet-trolls-what-is-their-problem/
You do realise that what you have copy/pasted is a bloggers view of people who troll and criticise the work of online writers..don't you...?

Do you consider your posts here to be work that is "publishable"? Do you think that those here who are unimpressed by your posting are "failed authors"?

Read a book!

Moves
14 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
You do realise that what you have copy/pasted is a bloggers view of people who troll and criticise the work of online writers..don't you...?

Do you consider your posts here to be work that is "publishable"? Do you think that those here who are unimpressed by your posting are "failed authors"?
Failed authors with fouled diapers.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 15
2 edits

Please note that the titled of this review is "Internet Trolls – what is their problem?" Its focus is the book publishing industry with examples of "failed authors" whose abnormal behavior is defined and categorized as "Internet Trolls". These writers illustrate emotional frustrations and unresolved issues attributed to the rejection of their intellectual work product. Internet Trolls on Red Hot Pawn may have different emotional frustrations and unresolved issues yet behave in an identical way. I'm aware of only two RHP Members who are published authors: moonbus and Tony. If my objective was to publish a book, I certainly wouldn't be here at 10;26pm typing this reply to you. My primary interest is chess and conversation. What may I ask is your primary interest in being here?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Failed authors with fouled diapers.
It all depends. lol

Moves
14 Dec 15
1 edit

Please note that the titled of this review is "Internet Trolls – what is their problem?" Its focus is the book publishing industry with examples of "failed authors" whose abnormal behavior is defined and categorized as "Internet Trolls". These writers illustrate emotional frustrations and unresolved issues attributed to the rejection of their intellectu ...[text shortened]... mary interest is chess and conversation. What may I ask is your primary interest in being here?
It seems an incongruent source to cite considering this is a casual chess forum and 99% of the posters have never published work.

Nonetheless....You have classified yourself as a troll in the past; do you them share the embolded attributes you have highlighted such as anger and spleen venting?

Who here at RHP do you think exhibits these characteristics in thier posts?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 15
1 edit

"Top definition:   

troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board
with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

by Alien Entity September 22, 2002

Thumbs Up: 16,314Thumbs Down: 3,452"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

F

Moves
14 Dec 15

[b]"Top definition:   

troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll[/b]
I think you simply classify people you dislike or disapprove of as "trolls", and posts that express disagreement with you, that call you out for your hypocrisy or pomposity ~ or that ask you questions or make points you are unable or unwilling to answer ~ as "trolling". What's more, I think you are incapable of disguising the fact that this is your personal agenda.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 15
1 edit

troll

In my own view, Red Hot Pawn Public Forum Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down more often than not strike a responsive chord. Recipients of the new Thumbs Up Notifications are liked pleased that at least three people appreciate or approve or agree with their post. Alternatively, noticing three or more Thumbs Down would likely cause any rational recipients to wonder if they had correctly gone against the grain causing an emotional knee jerk reaction or if they had wandered off into some three sigma cemetery of being dead wrong, hopefully causing them to rethink their position on the topic under discussion..

Moves
14 Dec 15

In my own view, Red Hot Pawn Public Forum Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down more often than not strike a responsive chord. Recipients of the new Thumbs Up Notifications are liked pleased that at least three people appreciate or approve or agree with their post. Alternatively, noticing three or more Thumbs Down would likely cause any rational recipients to wonde ...[text shortened]... ing dead wrong, hopefully causing them to rethink their position on the topic under discussion..
What is it with you and your cronies - this obsession over "thumbs". Give it a rest ffs!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Dec 15

What is it with you and your cronies - this obsession over "thumbs". Give it a rest ffs!
Facts sting. Truth hurts.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
I think you simply classify people you dislike or disapprove of as "trolls", and posts that express disagreement with you, that call you out for your hypocrisy or pomposity ~ or that ask you questions or make points you are unable or unwilling to answer ~ as "trolling". What's more, I think you are incapable of disguising the fact that this is your personal agenda.
"Thumbs Up: 16,314Thumbs Down: 3,452" + your 1 = 3,453

F

Moves
15 Dec 15

"Thumbs Up: 16,314Thumbs Down: 3,452" + your 1 = 3,453
What does "+ your 1" refer to?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
15 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
What does "+ your 1" refer to?
3,452" + 1 = 3,453

Moves
15 Dec 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
3,452" + 1 = 3,453
Oops...😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Dec 15
1 edit

troll

About @Frank-Burns "Last moved 625 days 16 hours and 53 minutes ago."

This is what your Red Hot Pawn Profile will have for header information if you're ever given a Maximum Ban. So think twice before you click [Post].