Embarrassing And Awkward Moments

Embarrassing And Awkward Moments

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
20 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
Exactly.
I don't live in Poland either. You have me mixed up with someone else.

Moves
20 Feb 21
2 edits

@fmf said
I don't live in Poland either. You have me mixed up with someone else.
No the whole creativity of red over white and white over red mixed me up.
I admitted that.
Poland and Indonesia are so creative 🙄

Moves
20 Feb 21
1 edit

@FMF

You are saying stories don't need character descriptions though.

Does Bill's bag prevent stories that describe characters?

F

Moves
20 Feb 21

@Very-Rusty
Does anyone want to share their most embarrassing and awkward moments?

I got roped into a scam a few years back. The Indonesian Youth Hostelling Association, after someone cancelled, needed a speaker for their annual conference in a hotel in Jakarta. I agreed to pose as an International Youth Hostelling Expert.

I had a PowerPoint loaded up with photos of youth hostels around the world and intended to waffle mellifluously in whatever ways the pictures and locations and data graphics dictated.

When I put the flash disk into the laptop, the PowerPoint file was immediately destroyed [by a virus, we thought at the time] and I had to stand there in front of about 140 people and endure a Q & A session for two hours.

The first question came from an attendee who had got a whiff of the fact I was bogus over a cup of coffee before my presentation had started. He asked 'Who is the current chief executive of the International Youth Hostelling Federation?" Of course, I had no idea.

It was an agonizing ordeal with many questions about the internal politics of the IYHF and about an infamous corruption scandal over international funding for a youth hostel in Bali which had lead to the Indonesian Youth Hostelling Association being expelled ~ stuff I knew nothing about.

I was supposedly an International Youth Hostelling Expert, speaking in Indonesian to Indonesian youth hostel owners, and I did not even know that the Indonesian Youth Hostelling Association was not a member of International Youth Hostelling Federation [at that time].

Excruciating. But the gig paid a handsome fee.

F

Moves
20 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
You are saying stories don't need character descriptions though.
What I am saying is that your story about a black man and you breaking wind was not funny. Just as you have said that my story about the graduation ceremony was not funny. We have been candid with each other. That's all.

F

Moves
20 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
No the whole creativity of red over white and white over red mixed me up.
You are mixed up about a "book" and a "publisher" and a "manuscript" as well.

Moves
20 Feb 21

@FMF

Candid, as in, I won the argument.
Yes I agree.

Stories need character descriptions.

Thank you. 🤗

Moves
20 Feb 21

@fmf said
You are mixed up about a "book" and a "publisher" and a "manuscript" as well.
You are the male equivalent of duchess64.

F

Moves
20 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
And you believe your funny black man character made your fart story funny and it wouldn't have been funny without the funny black man and the funny way he talked. Got it.

F

Moves
20 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
Does Bill's bag prevent stories that describe characters?
Judge for yourself.

Moves
20 Feb 21
1 edit

@fmf said
And you believe your funny black man character made your fart story funny and it wouldn't have been funny without the funny black man and the funny way he talked. Got it.
Exactly.
If he didn't stand up and expose me it would have been a non story and disgusting.
He made it funny.

F

Moves
20 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
Good luck writing a book that doesn't describe characters other than their occupation
I am not writing a book. You have me mixed up with someone else.

F

Moves
20 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
If he didn't stand up and expose me it would have been a non story and disgusting.
Unlike you, I don't think "the fact that he was black and the way he talked made it funny".

Moves
20 Feb 21

@FMF

Dude, I won.

You lost.
Let it go.

F

Moves
20 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
He made it funny.
I don't think he did although I understand that you found the black man funny and you found the way he talked funny. I get your drift, I really do. And I get that you didn't think my graduation story was funny. I do get it.