1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 21:58
    Does anyone want to share their most embarrassing and awkward moments?

-VR
  2. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:01
    I farted on a subway car and it was so bad almost everyone got off at the next stop. A big black dude stood up and looked at everyone and said "who was it?!"

I busted out laughing and he points at me and says "it was yoooooouuuu!"

He shook his head and got off.

I laugh about that still and it's been almost 20 years.
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:051 edit
    They are so many, too many to remember.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:07
    @phil-a-dork said
    I farted on a subway car and it was so bad almost everyone got off at the next stop. A big black dude stood up and looked at everyone and said "who was it?!"

I busted out laughing and he points at me and says "it was yoooooouuuu!"

He shook his head and got off.

I laugh about that still and it's been almost 20 years.
    I've done that on an elevator and didn't say a word, thank my lucky stars it was a silent one so everyone was looking around at each other, only the wife and I knew who had done it. We kept straight faces but had a good laugh about it later.

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:07
    @torunn said
    They are so many, too many to remember.
    Just one will do, pick the best you got! 🙂

I have many more than I mentioned also.

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:08
    @very-rusty said
    Does anyone want to share their most embarrassing and awkward moments?

-VR
    I once lost my way in a business presentation to a group of 60 people, it was horrible.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:15
    @very-rusty said
    Just one will do, pick the best you got! 🙂

I have many more than I mentioned also.

-VR
    During a walk in a recreation area where I live, I lost my way and after many hours in the woods, and with the help of a phone call with the police station, I was traced by a helicopter and then picked up by a police car to take me home. Not nice.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:182 edits
    @torunn said
    During a walk in a recreation area where I live, I lost my way and after many hours in the woods, and with the help of a phone call with the police station, I was traced by a helicopter and then picked up by a police car to take me home. Not nice.
    Did the people that found you mention to you about marking trees if you are in a strange area? It is so easy to lose ones way in the woods!

EDIT: I recall as a teenager playing in the woods next to my home and getting lost. I could hear the high way on one side so kept walking in the opposite direction away from the traffic as I knew that was the main highway and I lived the other way. No cells back in those days. I remember when my Father took me to teach me how to snare rabbits he told me to listen and I heard the cars from the highway. He told me if ever get lost walk away from the sound and mark the trees break a branch or what ever you have to do, so you don't walk in circles. I never forgot that lesson from him. found by way back to a path I knew in no time.

-VR
  9. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:18
    @divegeester said
    I once lost my way in a business presentation to a group of 60 people, it was horrible.
    That's rough.
    The longer it took to get back on track the more the stress builds 😄
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:221 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Did the people that found you mention to you about marking trees if you are in a strange area? It is so easy to lose ones way in the woods!

-VR
    There were just a lot of trees wherever I walked, and my phone was a simple kind so all we had to go by was the conversation we had while I was walking. Eventually I saw something that could be either a lake or fog, and when I got closer I noticed a big rock in the lake and from there they could follow on a screen where I might be.
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:261 edit
    We had a small fridge behind the reception desk where I used to work. I decided to help myself to someone else’s milk for my coffee one day as mine had run out. I sneakily walked to the fridge, a hot mug of coffee in my hand, poured a little milk in then hot footed it away, quickly passing behind the receptionist BUT my t-shirt got caught on the edge of a white board and pulled me back, making me splash hot coffee everywhere! The F word flew from my lips, before I even knew I’d yelled it and unfortunately there were parents with children sat in the waiting area, all witnessing my mouth falling open with embarrassment as I checked I’d not scalded my colleague then hurried back to hide in my office.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:31
    @drewnogal said
    We had a small fridge behind the reception desk where I used to work. I decided to help myself to someone else’s milk for my coffee one day as mine had run out. I sneakily walked to the fridge, a hot mug of coffee in my hand, poured a little milk in then hot footed it away, quickly passing behind the receptionist BUT my t-shirt got caught on the edge of a white board and pu ...[text shortened]... with embarrassment as I checked I’d not scalded my colleague then hurried back to hide in my office.
    Now, that would have been very embarrassing. I am saving my most embarrassing situation for last!

-VR
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:321 edit
    When I was recently visiting a care home for people with dementia (before lockdown) one of the residents darted to follow me through the door on the way to the stairs. I steered them back explaining the importance of coming with me in the opposite direction. I think I was being quite assertive as it seemed to take them quite a while to manage to explain to me that in fact they weren't a resident. Maybe time moves slower on occasions like that. 😳
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 23:12
    @phil-a-dork said
    That's rough.
    The longer it took to get back on track the more the stress builds 😄
    Indeed. I just lost my train of thought and then the anxiety and dry-mouth kicked in and I was doomed. Someone saved me with a question, and thankfully the group was mostly well spirited colleagues. But I would say it was one of the worst moments of my life; outside of real tragedies of course.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 00:21
    @phil-a-dork said
    What colour were the people who got off at the next stop?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree