1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 01:29
    @moonbus said
    Happy to contribute, Rusty. It's a good topic.
    Only if the intention to get posters to divulge private information is not seized upon to throw more shade at those posters.

This has been going on in these forums as long as the site has existed. Some people post seemingly innocent thread topics and sit back and wait for posters to relate a story that they can then use against them, even if they get the facts of the story wrong, it doesn't matter, just as long as they can get their digs in, repeatedly.

This used to be a prevalent tactic in the Spirituality Forum, which has now moved into the General Forum.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 01:44
    @suzianne said
    Only if the intention to get posters to divulge private information is not seized upon to throw more shade at those posters. This has been going on in these forums as long as the site has existed. Some people post seemingly innocent thread topics and sit back and wait for posters to relate a story that they can then use against them, even if they get the facts of the story ...[text shortened]... used to be a prevalent tactic in the Spirituality Forum, which has now moved into the General Forum.
    This is a blend of narcissism and paranoia that is trotted out in so many of your posts.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 01:46
    @suzianne said
    Only if the intention to get posters to divulge private information is not seized upon to throw more shade at those posters.
    I have shared five or so true "Embarrassing And Awkward Moments" stories on this thread. In what way do you think Very Rusty is going to "throw shade" at me as a result?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 01:47
    @fmf said
    This is a blend of narcissism and paranoia that is trotted out in so many of your posts.
    One can only be a victim so many times before one stops being a victim.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 01:471 edit
    @fmf said
    I have shared five or so true "Embarrassing And Awkward Moments" stories on this thread. In what way do you think Very Rusty is going to "throw shade" at me as a result?
    Non sequitur.

Or the most awkward sidestep ever.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 01:58
    @suzianne said
    You may play the victim card in hundreds and hundreds of your posts but I can't see how you are a "victim" of anything.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 02:011 edit
    @suzianne said
    Non sequitur.Or the most awkward sidestep ever.
    Neither.

moonbus said Very Rusty's thread was a good topic.

You said: "Only if the intention to get posters to divulge private information is not seized upon to throw more shade at those posters."

So I ask, referring to exactly what you said, in what way do you think Very Rusty is going to "throw shade" at me as a result of me sharing stories?

You are not using the word "non-sequitur" correctly.

Indeed, it is you who is sidestepping my head-on response to your post.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 02:11
    @suzianne said
    Some people post seemingly innocent thread topics and sit back and wait for posters to relate a story that they can then use against them, even if they get the facts of the story wrong, it doesn't matter, just as long as they can get their digs in, repeatedly.

This used to be a prevalent tactic in the Spirituality Forum, which has now moved into the General Forum.
    You chased me around for years on the Spirituality Forum suggesting I was lying about my Christian past and/or supporting people who were using that accusation as a deflection from the content of my posts. Is this an example of the kind of thing you now claim to disapprove of?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 05:59
    @suzianne said
    This has been going on in these forums as long as the site has existed. Some people post seemingly innocent thread topics and sit back and wait for posters to relate a story that they can then use against them, even if they get the facts of the story wrong, it doesn't matter, just as long as they can get their digs in, repeatedly.
    No one has asked you to “divulge personal information”.

You have willingly over several different occasions provided public stories about your own life. Some readers find these stories beyond belief and some of those have called you on your use of, shall we say, “licence” in how you present yourself here.

No shade is thrown.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 11:121 edit
    @suzianne said
    My dear Suze Q, you are in no way a victim, if anything you've become a bully at times.

I remember back when I use to defend you many years ago when everyone was on you about if you were male or female, I've thrown the odd jabs at you now and then to see if you remember I use to defend you about those accusations against you but you never clued in or at least pretended not to.

It gets boring listening to you trying to play the sympathy card or poor me act. At one time it may have been true and I even felt sorry enough for you to defend you. I am sure your selective memory doesn't remember those days now!

I am happy to see you have a little group following now, but speak for yourself and not the "We" that you use far too much. I've been guilty of it myself at times, but don't use it near as much as you do. Try chilling out a bit, no one is out to get you or anyone else.

-VR
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:10
    @fmf said
    You may play the victim card in hundreds and hundreds of your posts but I can't see how you are a "victim" of anything.
    Not any more, correct. Thus, my posts.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:12
    @fmf said
    Neither.

moonbus said Very Rusty's thread was a good topic.

You said: "Only if the intention to get posters to divulge private information is not seized upon to throw more shade at those posters."

So I ask, referring to exactly what you said, in what way do you think Very Rusty is going to "throw shade" at me as a result of me sharing stories?

You are not using the wo ...[text shortened]... "non-sequitur" correctly.

Indeed, it is you who is sidestepping my head-on response to your post.
    Same old, same old. I don't know about others, but your canned responses get real, real old. "That word doesn't mean what you think it means" is a particularly tired trope you continuously trot out whenever you think you need it, which is always.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:13
    @fmf said
    You chased me around for years on the Spirituality Forum suggesting I was lying about my Christian past and/or supporting people who were using that accusation as a deflection from the content of my posts. Is this an example of the kind of thing you now claim to disapprove of?
    Unlike you, people change.

Too bad you never acknowledge this, mainly because you're unaware of it, apparently.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:17
    @divegeester said
    No one has asked you to “divulge personal information”.

You have willingly over several different occasions provided public stories about your own life. Some readers find these stories beyond belief and some of those have called you on your use of, shall we say, “licence” in how you present yourself here.

No shade is thrown.
    Ah, the main forum combat dude steps up.

At least you understand I was talking about you.

Yes, I have provided a public view. Normally this is considered normal. You and your buddies use this, however, as fodder for your continual, outdated attacks. And oh yes, shade IS thrown.

At least you "get it", something FMF rarely does. He goes the route of "What? I don't get what you mean." The ignorance route.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:19
    @very-rusty said
    My dear Suze Q, you are in no way a victim, if anything you've become a bully at times.

I remember back when I use to defend you many years ago when everyone was on you about if you were male or female, I've thrown the odd jabs at you now and then to see if you remember I use to defend you about those accusations against you but you never clued in or at least pretended ...[text shortened]... e it near as much as you do. Try chilling out a bit, no one is out to get you or anyone else.

-VR
    Please keep your minimal understanding of real people out of the conversation, if you don't mind.

I understand you need a "clique", but you've chosen the worst "clique" possible. They have denigrated you, also, something you refuse to look at with both eyes. You run to their side in defense in error. They aren't your "friends".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree