An entirely new person

An entirely new person

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
343d

Although not entirely true, let's assume you are a completely new person every 7 years (where all your cells have been replaced and regenerated). Would one therefore be able to claim that anything bad we did 7 years ago was not done by us?

Asking for a friend.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
343d

Your friend is silly!

Gothenburg

Moves
343d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Although not entirely true, let's assume you are a completely new person every 7 years (where all your cells have been replaced and regenerated). Would one therefore be able to claim that anything bad we did 7 years ago was not done by us?

Asking for a friend.
What has he done, your friend? I must know that before I make up my mind.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
343d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Asking for a friend.
cellular replacement is quaint, but criminal memory, which resides in cellular memory, is passed down like dominant genes and thus impeaches forever
now, this tiny lil unfortunate fact has never impeded my ability to deny any sort of involvement in the dastardly distractions to which i may, or may not, have been party too
i claim innocence on a daily basis
i claim blanket forgiveness for alleged infractions
i have a perpetual pardon in my pocket
i am immune to accusations of impropriety
even as the lil devil on my shoulder snickers and reminds me of that one time when - lol, "one" time

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
343d

@torunn said
What has he done, your friend? I must know that before I make up my mind.
He ate a mermaid.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
343d

@very-rusty said
Your friend is silly!
He's Canadian.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
343d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Asking for a friend.
Like a biological reason for a statute of limitations?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
343d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He's Canadian.
I must say you have quite the imagination, like a Canadian would be friends with you. 🙂

-VR

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
343d

@very-rusty said
I must say you have quite the imagination, like a Canadian would be friends with you. 🙂

-VR
Do you feel you are representative of all Canadians VR?

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
343d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Asking for a friend.
I do that anyway.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
343d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Asking for a friend.
No, that tattoo was bad then and it’s still bad now, and it’s still yours.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
343d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Asking for a friend.
Even if this is true, our memories remain, so no.

Although I wouldn't put it past some stupid person to claim this as a defense in a criminal case. Probably in America.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
343d

@moonbus said
No, that tattoo was bad then and it’s still bad now, and it’s still yours.
Goddamit.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
343d

@suzianne said

Although I wouldn't put it past some stupid person to claim this as a defense in a criminal case. Probably in America.
In the year 2056, it will be possible to upgrade our brains and therefore legally distance ourselves from our previous crimes and choice of tattoos.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
343d

@suzianne said

I wouldn’t put it past some lawyer who charges enormously inflated fees to try this defense. Probably in America.