“Dear Britain, we envy you”

“Dear Britain, we envy you”

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
16 Mar 21
2 edits

Some racist murmurings blurted out on one page of a thread by our resident racist, Duchess64.

@Duchess64
1. Philokalia conflates (a typical white error, if I may say so)
EoT: Racists quite often rely on the word "typical" when abasing their target group.

2. One way is to become less prejudiced, which white people tend to find very difficult.

3. White people *could* do that, but most prefer to cling to their benefits from racism.

4. White supremacists liked to cite the existence of any conflicts among African nations
(which inherited white-drawn 'artificial' borders) as their 'proof' that black Africans
were incapable of governing themselves and that apartheid was right in South Africa.

-----------------------------------------

And there she is, our resident troll and racist. A thing of joy.

D

Moves
16 Mar 21

D

Moves
16 Mar 21

D

Moves
16 Mar 21

D

Moves
16 Mar 21

S. Korea

Moves
16 Mar 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Honestly, this is a very political definition; listening to this sort of thing is like having a Marxist define capitalism for you.

The definition was crafted to suit a specific agenda -- an agenda that is not in the interest of most people.

D

Moves
16 Mar 21

S. Korea

Moves
16 Mar 21

Would you say that all white Americans are racists?

I would say that something like 5-10% hold actual racial animus, and a slightly larger amount believe in innate racial differences due to biology, but that could even be considered different from racism by people who have nuanced and non-ideological definitions of racism.

D

Moves
16 Mar 21
2 edits

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Mar 21

I'm having a déjà vu moment. You issued the same challenge last year and then ran a mile when I accepted. (You added the 'American English' in a state of panic and mumbled something about unfair conditions and bias).

And you protest now that you are 'not a native speaker of English' but I ask you how is that relevant, bearing in mind you have already declared your literacy is superior to most (if not all) native speakers?

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Mar 21

I couldn’t care less if it was a purple man who wrote that definition. It’s rubbish.

And don’t blame me for your posts getting banned.

D

Moves
16 Mar 21
1 edit

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Mar 21

Where is the racism? It is 'you' who has boasted about your literacy being superior to native speakers and it is 'you' who describes people as illiterate when they dare to make grammatical errors (despite such errors proliferating your own writing).

And of course it is 'you' alone who is obsessed with skin colour and is heavily biased in their posting.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Mar 21

Aww, he’s such a naughty boy; you stay away from him and play with the nice Chinese children.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Mar 21

You pitched your own 'tent of superiority' in literacy. It's hardly my fault if you are full of hot air and crumble like a cheap biscuit.