Why I lost all respect for John McCain

Why I lost all respect for John McCain

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
28 Jul 17
1 edit

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/investigations/2014/05/31/va-scandal-whistleblower-sam-foote/9830057/

A doctor who was a whistle blower as veterans were put on secret death lists reached out to McCain, but no help came.

Then he reached out to Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Fla, and the story went national.

Yes, McCain, the same man who just voted to not repeal Obamacare cuz John wants the same health care for you that these poor Vets have under a state run health care system of endless rationing

Infidel

Moves
28 Jul 17

According to this article the claims of "Death lists" are overblown:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/02/overblown-claims-of-deaths-and-waiting-times-at-the-va/?utm_term=.06d2c198b0fb

Thoughts?

w

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @great-king-rat
According to this article the claims of "Death lists" are overblown:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/02/overblown-claims-of-deaths-and-waiting-times-at-the-va/?utm_term=.06d2c198b0fb

Thoughts?
Overblown? in the article I provided the physician in question said at least 40 in the VA had died because of the "list".

By October, Foote said, he had gathered information for an OIG complaint alleging that up to 40 veterans died while awaiting care in the Phoenix VA system. He described several ways that patient-appointment records were falsified, concealed or deleted, and he blamed the bonus system as a motivating factor.

An OIG team was sent to Phoenix from San Diego in December, and it began investigating.

About the same time, Foote said, he became convinced the Arizona phenomenon was not isolated, and the public should be told what was going on. He contacted The Arizona Republic and agreed to cooperate with the newspaper on an investigative project. Foote's role would remain confidential until his Dec. 31 retirement. He also wanted to delay the story to give OIG investigators time to address the Phoenix problems.

w

Moves
28 Jul 17
2 edits

Do you think the physician was a "right winger" just trying to make trouble?

Here is what he went through being a whistle blower.

Foote said he learned over time that the Phoenix VA was "cooking the books" in a variety of ways. He said he learned of more veterans who died, and he raised concerns about specific heart and diabetes patients during a staff meeting, but was brushed off.

He said he did not trust Sharon Helman, the Phoenix VA Health Care System director. Helman, who was suspended in May, had implemented the agency's Wildly Important Goals program, which made cutting wait times the No. 1 priority. And, Foote said, he'd seen other employees face retaliation when they tried to expose misconduct.

Foote said he was familiar with the VA Office of Inspector General. In 2011, he had lodged a complaint against then-Phoenix system Director Gabriel Perez, who abruptly resigned amid the ensuing investigation.

In early 2013, Foote lodged a complaint against another executive, but this time, he said, "They started coming after me."

Hours and caseloads increased, and Foote said he began to feel harassed.

A planned 2015 retirement no longer seemed possible. He set a new date of Dec. 31, 2013.

w

Moves
28 Jul 17

I'm not sure you McCain can throw his fellow veterans under the bus and get a free pass, as if it never happened, as if he has any credibility or conscience whatsoever.

Infidel

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @whodey
Overblown? in the article I provided the physician in question said at least 40 in the VA had died because of the "list".

By October, Foote said, he had gathered information for an OIG complaint alleging that up to 40 veterans died while awaiting care in the Phoenix VA system. He described several ways that patient-appointment records were falsified, con ...[text shortened]... e also wanted to delay the story to give OIG investigators time to address the Phoenix problems.
Yes, the article I posted mentioned the number 40 and where it came from. Could you respond to the facts mentioned in that article?

w

Moves
28 Jul 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @great-king-rat
Yes, the article I posted mentioned the number 40 and where it came from. Could you respond to the facts mentioned in that article?
First of all, the speculation that the list did not cause 40 deaths is besides the point concerning the inaction of McCain. McCain was not even interested in the facts, let alone study them. McCain is nothing more than a Soros tool who shams his own fellow serviceman and country

Secondly, you can speculate all day long as to whether care or lack of care was the direct result of deaths. The bottom line is though, that a secret list was created for the specific task of trying to relieve an over burdened VA who did not have the staff or funds to contend with all the demand.

So no, I saw no compelling arguments from the article you provided. In fact, the doctor I sited said he was certain the problem was far more systemic than is now known.

E

Moves
28 Jul 17

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/investigations/2014/05/31/va-scandal-whistleblower-sam-foote/9830057/

A doctor who was a whistle blower as veterans were put on secret death lists reached out to McCain, but no help came.

Yes, McCain, the same man who just voted ...[text shortened]... care for you that these poor Vets have under a state run health care system of endless rationing
You had respect for John McCain?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
29 Jul 17

Yes, McCain, the same man who just voted ...[text shortened]... care for you that these poor Vets have under a state run health care system of endless rationing
Yes, McCain, the same man who just voted to not repeal Obamacare cuz John wants the same health care for you that these poor Vets have under a state run health care system of endless rationing.

So, now you can read minds?? You don't know what John McCain wants for us and that's certainly not what he said:

Nearly 12 hours after his vote, McCain has released a statement on his decision in which he slammed the “skinny repeal” bill: “While the amendment would have repealed some of Obamacare’s most burdensome regulations, it offered no replacement to actually reform our health care system and deliver affordable, quality health care to our citizens.”

Why don't you start reading what actually was said and done before you post this nonsense of yours.

E

Moves
29 Jul 17

Originally posted by @mchill
Yes, McCain, the same man who just voted to not repeal Obamacare cuz John wants the same health care for you that these poor Vets have under a state run health care system of endless rationing.

So, now you can read minds?? You don't know what John McCain wants for us and that's certainly not what he said:

Nearly 12 hours after his vote, McCain has re ...[text shortened]... don't you start reading what actually was said and done before you post this nonsense of yours.
The fact that you are defending the good old boy Johnny speaks volumes.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jul 17

Originally posted by @mchill

Nearly 12 hours after his vote, McCain has re ...[text shortened]... don't you start reading what actually was said and done before you post this nonsense of yours.
In fact, McCain defended his vote by saying "It was just the right thing to do."

Correct, Senator. Too bad you waited so long to stand up for what is right. You certainly weren't concerned with standing up for what is right when you sponsored a bill with your junior senator from Arizona to steal sacred land from a Native American tribe in SE Arizona in order to sell it to a foreign mining corporation. You had no compunction to "do the right thing" at that time, why start so late in your career?

E

Moves
29 Jul 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
In fact, McCain defended his vote by saying "It was just the right thing to do."

Correct, Senator. Too bad you waited so long to stand up for what is right. You certainly weren't concerned with standing up for what is right when you sponsored a bill with your junior senator from Arizona to steal sacred land from a Native American tribe in SE Arizona i ...[text shortened]... You had no compunction to "do the right thing" at that time, why start so late in your career?
Strike two against Johny Boy.

w

Moves
29 Jul 17

Originally posted by @eladar
You had respect for John McCain?
As a war veteran, but after he turned his back on Vets in need of health care, that no longer holds any value for me.

w

Moves
29 Jul 17

Originally posted by @suzianne

Correct, Senator. Too bad you waited so long to stand up for what is right. You certainly weren't concerned with standing up for what is right when you sponsored a bill with your junior senator from Arizona to steal sacred land from a Native American tribe in SE Arizona i ...[text shortened]... You had no compunction to "do the right thing" at that time, why start so late in your career?
After running for 7 years on the premise of repealing Obamacare he suddenly changes his mind?

You enjoy liars, don't you Suzy. You must, you keep voting for them.

Moves
29 Jul 17

I'm not sure you McCain can throw his fellow veterans
Surely in WhoTrumpAynDey-world, McCain isn't a veteran in the first place, but a war criminal and a traitor? Stick to the agenda, mate, stick to the agenda!