Who gives a fck about America?
    all the racists, apparenty
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 19:59
    @zahlanzi said
    vote for people that run on police reform. demand school budgets not be tied to district income level. don't vote for people supporting voter suppression laws or gerrymandering. teach critical race theory in schools

the list is large.
    ===vote for people that run on police reform.===

Define the reform and we can talk. If I like the reform, I'll vote for it. You need to define the reform first.

===demand school budgets not be tied to district income level.===

Right now, the district pays for budget. I don't know how you want budgets to be distinct from taxes paid by the district, unless you mean the federal government should pay for all education everywhere. No, thanks.

===don't vote for people supporting voter suppression laws or gerrymandering.===

I have no interest in supporting voter suppression. As for gerrymandering, racial gerrymandering is already unconstitutional. If you want to outlaw political gerrymandering, try to figure out a way to do it, but I don't know which party will be hurt more. I live in a district that was gerrymandered away from Republicans in the late 90s.

===teach critical race theory in schools===

Not a snowball's chance in Hell. Even assuming white privilege is a thing, I'm not teaching my children the absurd canard that our entire society is built on racism. Find the racist policy and I'll oppose it.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 20:211 edit
    @sh76 said

Define the reform and we can talk. If I like the reform, I'll vote for it. You need to define the reform first.

Right now, the district pays for budget. I don't know how you want budgets to be distinct from taxes paid by the district, unless you mean the fe ...[text shortened]... absurd canard that our entire society is built on racism. Find the racist policy and I'll oppose it.
    "I'm not teaching my children the absurd canard that our entire society is built on racism. "
    Yeah, it's not like slavery had any major impact on a certain group of people in the US. Or race some would call that group.
    It's not like denying a certain group (or race, as some would insist on calling) loans to buy houses or outright refusing to sell homes in certain neighbourhoods had any impact.
    It's not like giving one group (or race) land west disproportionately more than another group (or race) got had any impact.
    It's not like police treat certain neighborhoods differently, or shoot certain shades of americans disproportionately more than other shades.

I am sure you're right. Your society wasn't built on racism. It just had a bunch of history events that affected certain groups (or races) of people differently. That's hardly racism though.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 20:29
    @sh76 said

Right now, the district pays for budget. I don't know how you want budgets to be distinct from taxes paid by the district, unless you mean the fe ...[text shortened]... absurd canard that our entire society is built on racism. Find the racist policy and I'll oppose it.
    "Define the reform and we can talk. If I like the reform, I'll vote for it. You need to define the reform first."
    Higher emphasis on de escalation. Remove social services duties from cops. Actually punish excessive force. Training in non-lethal methods of policing. Protect whistleblowers. You know, obvious stuff.

"Right now, the district pays for budget."
    It shouldn't. Certain districts are poorer than others. Education should be equal for all, regardless where you're born.

"I don't know how you want budgets to be distinct from taxes paid by the district, unless you mean the federal government should pay for all education everywhere.:"
    Obviously i mean the federal government. Same education for all american children.

"As for gerrymandering, racial gerrymandering is already unconstitutional."
    Oh then it's ok. Republicans wouldn't do anything unconstitutional. I am sure all those funny district shapes are made with completely different reasons in mind.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 21:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Do the 89% all have black hair? Got a lot of colors in this the US. Do they? Why? Related in some way? Duchess, Duchess.......
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 13:21
    @shavixmir said
    Tell that to the Jews spanky!
    At least try to make some sense. Swear if your stunted vocabulary demands but do try to explain your position.
    You are perhaps unaware that the Jews you refer to were required to wear yellow stars of David for the very purpose of making them visually identifiable in public spaces. Are you hoping to achieve end of level spankey boss status?
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 14:07
    @zahlanzi said
    "I'm not teaching my children the absurd canard that our entire society is built on racism. "
    Yeah, it's not like slavery had any major impact on a certain group of people in the US. Or race some would call that group.
    It's not like denying a certain group (or race, as some would insist on calling) loans to buy houses or outright refusing to sell homes in certain neighbou ...[text shortened]... y events that affected certain groups (or races) of people differently. That's hardly racism though.
    If racism is so prevalent then you should have no problem going to court and proving it. if you cant prove it (and I bet you can't because in no way is the average white person connected in any way to slavery) then do me a favor and permanently shut up about an issue you simply have no evidence on.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 14:16
    @kevcvs57 said
    At least try to make some sense. Swear if your stunted vocabulary demands but do try to explain your position.
    You are perhaps unaware that the Jews you refer to were required to wear yellow stars of David for the very purpose of making them visually identifiable in public spaces. Are you hoping to achieve end of level spankey boss status?
    cat fight! cat fight!
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 14:28
    @quackquack said
    If racism is so prevalent then you should have no problem going to court and proving it. if you cant prove it (and I bet you can't because in no way is the average white person connected in any way to slavery) then do me a favor and permanently shut up about an issue you simply have no evidence on.
    Conservative Slant: We are positive sorts. Teaching racism, or whatever you libs have up your sleeves to indoctrinate our children, teaches more than what our ancestors did. It teaches minds to 'go negative'. I would not think you want your children on the school bus home to dwell on something like that instead of having positive thoughts about WINNING (I know y'all hate that word) at his afternoon softball game.
    You boys, do you really want to lay all the negative crap on your kids? And is it the job of the government? What in the hell will be the next thing you come up with? You have already done Cancel, so what is next? Jesus. Do yall ever do anything else?....Like, play softball? Imagine sitting down with a few conservatives for a few beers and laughs. Laughs? You don't laugh. You are really angry.
  12. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 14:34
    @AverageJoe1
    Dems have really overplayed their hand with this CRT stuff, people are not going to put up with them screwing with our kids.
    Hands off the children, libtards.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 14:451 edit
    @dood111 said
    @AverageJoe1
    Dems have really overplayed their hand with this CRT stuff, people are not going to put up with them screwing with our kids.
    Hands off the children, libtards.
    The same people who think capitalism has failed them, while they wear $150 sneakers, have $10 Latte' and $1000 cell phones. Hypocrites all. They hate my saying this, but if the world of slavery hadn't happened, where would our brothers be today? Not here,,,,,having nice sneakers.
    Like I said, conservatives find the positive in everything. Try being happy, libs. But, for you, it will be difficult. How does one overcome fabricated anger?
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 15:19
    @quackquack said
    "If racism is so prevalent then you should have no problem going to court and proving it. "
    Americans do that all the time. sometimes it's even so obvious that one actually wins.

That's not what critical race theory deals with however. It's meant to educate on the subtle and not so subtle ways communities are affected today by the the racist actions of the past.
    A slave laboured all his life on a plantation for nothing while a white poor immigrant laboured for little (or not so little). When the slaves were freed, the promised 40 acres and a mule idea was abandoned , that poor white immigrant, through hard work might not have been so poor. In the homestead act 1862, former slaves access was restricted while over a million white families, first generation immigrants or not gained land west. The few former slaves that did manage to get land barely had enough money to actually build farms.
    The GI bill was meant to help WWII veterans get a fresh start. African americans were passed over. African american families were passed over loans at a much higher rate than similar income white families (something that happens even today). The blacks that actually could get loans were blocked from buying homes in certain neighborhoods.

So throughout the US history, african americans were screwed over, time and time again, while whites built wealth over generations. Access to better education, cleaner and safer neighbourhoods, each generation doing better than the previous.

Look, i did you a favour: I wasted my time trying to educate you with information that is readily available on the internet, information that your racist ass will ignore and you will go back to being an ignorant dickhead.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 15:26
    @mott-the-hoople said
    cat fight! cat fight!
    Not something you militia types ever do. That’s how we know your reading from a right wing teleprompter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree