Unvaxxed Patient DENIED Kidney Transplant

Unvaxxed Patient DENIED Kidney Transplant

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
14 Oct 21

First do no harm, unless......

Mandates are killing people.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
14 Oct 21

"In almost all situations, transplant recipients and living donors at UCHealth are now required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in addition to meeting other health requirements and receiving additional vaccinations."

So, it’s not just covid vaccinations both the giver and the receiver need to have.

Australia

Moves
14 Oct 21

Why would you waste a scarce health resource (a healthy kidney) on a patient who doesn't care about risking the lives and families of surgery workers? Let's get real here. If that patient gets Covid that precious kidney's been completely wasted.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
14 Oct 21

@metal-brain said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwtD1-ESmbI

I’m a post mortem organ donor but I’m going to stipulate that no adults who aren’t vaccinated without good reason get any of my junk.

E

Moves
14 Oct 21

I suppose anyone who smoked should not get a lung transplant.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Oct 21

@eladar said
I suppose anyone who smoked should not get a lung transplant.
Not the same thing AT ALL.

E

Moves
14 Oct 21

@suzianne said
Not the same thing AT ALL.
Really? Smoking causes cancer. Their behavior caused the cancer. Why waste lungs on people who will just die due to smoking?

I thought the argument was that we should not waste organs on people who intentionally endanger their lives.

E

Moves
14 Oct 21

Should a person who has already had covid be denied a kidney?

If I needed the kidney, then I would intentionally catch covid. Die, I would die anyhow without a new kidney.

Z

Moves
14 Oct 21

@metal-brain said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwtD1-ESmbI

people are denied transplants where there is a risk to throw the organ away. Alcoholics, drug addicts, etc. Being unvaxxed means you don't care about your health and you are risking the organ.

so take your indignation and stick it somewhere dark. Where the sun doesn't shine specifically

E

Moves
14 Oct 21

@zahlanzi said
people are denied transplants where there is a risk to throw the organ away. Alcoholics, drug addicts, etc. Being unvaxxed means you don't care about your health and you are risking the organ.

so take your indignation and stick it somewhere dark. Where the sun doesn't shine specifically
Smokers get lung transplants.

E

Moves
14 Oct 21

Diabetics get kidney transplants

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4484999/

Z

Moves
14 Oct 21
1 edit

@eladar said
Smokers get lung transplants.
they shouldn't.
I can concede they should be put at the very least at the end of the list.

E

Moves
14 Oct 21
1 edit

@Zahlanzi

Just pointing out the abuse one group gets while bot others.

Destroy your kidney due to your sweet tooth, get s new kidney.

Get sick with covid, survive and have natural immunity but not vaxxed, then you are refused a kidney. You can die.

Z

Moves
14 Oct 21

@eladar said
@Zahlanzi

Get sick with covid, survive and have natural immunity but not vaxxed, then you are refused a kidney.
"Just pointing out the abuse one group gets while bot others."
Life is unfair.
In this case however unvaccinated (through a personal ignorant decision) people deserve the abuse.
"Destroy your kidney due to your sweet tooth, get s new kidney."
The system isn't perfect.
If you get a disease through a personal lifestyle choice and you don't convince the transplant committee you changed your lifestyle, you shouldn't get a transplant before someone who made all the right choices and is unlucky.
If you don't get vaccinated it's your personal choice.

"Get sick with covid, survive and have natural immunity but not vaxxed,"
lmmunity doesn't last forever
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination

Z

Moves
14 Oct 21

@eladar said
@Zahlanzi

Get sick with covid, survive and have natural immunity but not vaxxed, then you are refused a kidney. You can die.
also what exactly causes diabetes is unclear. How are you going too deny transplants to patients with diabetes based on previous lifestyles when you have no idea what lifestyle choice caused that diabetes. (it can also be environmental and/or genetic)