1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 14:44
    @sh76 said
    I read the entire article several times, when it was published back in August.

It has the usual weasel-wording about how unsure we are and it emphasizes how awesome the vax is even if you are previously infected, but there is NO data anywhere that shows conclusively that non-infected-vaxxed is better than vax-non-infected.
    aha
    weasel wording. NO data. gotcha.

so basically you saw a set of data (the israeli one), an expert (not you) says "it's interesting but let's see if it contradicts what other data we have" and you said "NO, NO, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT SAYS AND IT SAYS I DON'T HAVE TO GET THE VACCINE". On the other hand the overwhelming consensus right now is that you should get the vaccine and you're claiming this consensus, reached to by experts (not you), is based on NO data.

You post a link that doesn't actually support your stance and you ask me to pick the "right" bits from it so i reach the same conclusion you did.

If I understood correctly and you really are a lawyer, it would explain this mode of thinking. Present just the right facts that seem to support your position, distract or don't mention facts that contradict it and help the jury (in this case us) reach the "right" conclusion. I just didn't think you actually begun to believe your own con.

"that shows conclusively that non-infected-vaxxed is better than vax-non-infected."
    It's so funny seeing people emit opinions on what is "conclusive" or not on subjects beyond their understanding.

That nebraska article i linked says being vaxxed is better, but you think it's wrong. Why.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 14:50
    @shallow-blue said
    I'm fine with ex-smokers getting lung transplants. I'm also fine with active smokers not getting them.

And yes, I'm also fine with someone who, after refusing vaccination, changes his mind and gets them after all, being given a transplant.

Choices have consequences and organs are scarce. Tough on you proud boys, but so it goes.
    You are fine watching an otherwise healthy person die of kidney failure when a transplant is available.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 16:38
    @eladar said
    You are fine watching an otherwise healthy person die of kidney failure when a transplant is available.
    Or watching someone unvaccinated on a ventilator dying when there is a vaccine available.

Further, there are probably more kidney transplant candidates than there are kidneys available.
    Doctors, as much as they hate being forced to play God choosing who lives and who doesn't, who are faced with a choice between choosing between a vaccinated and unvaccinated patient for a kidney transplant when only one kidney is available will make the best possible choice.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 16:401 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    Or watching someone unvaccinated on a ventilator dying when there is a vaccine available.

Further, there are probably more kidney transplant candidates than there are kidneys available.
    Doctors, as much as they hate being forced to play God choosing who lives and who doesn't, who are faced with a choice between choosing between a vaccinated and unvaccinated patient for a kidney transplant when only one kidney is available will make the best possible choice.
    So you are saying that someone who has already had covid is likely to get sick again? If that person does get sick will end up on a ventilator?

Your opinion is not based on science.

I am not vaccinated. I got covid. I never went to the hospital. Stayed home sick for a while is all tha happened. You live in la la land.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 17:36
    @eladar said
    So you are saying that someone who has already had covid is likely to get sick again? If that person does get sick will end up on a ventilator?

Your opinion is not based on science.

I am not vaccinated. I got covid. I never went to the hospital. Stayed home sick for a while is all tha happened. You live in la la land.
    That is another debate.
    And we all know that your views are driven by politics.
    And the facts are still out there. The COVID serious illnesses and deaths are being driven by the unvaccinated to the tune of >90%.

Using your argument that you survived COVID to influence the decision the decision of someone who hasn't been infected yet is a false argument, and possibly dangerous.
    I say "possibly" because you have little or no influence.
    What is dangerous is that there are some who do carry that influence.
    You and the metalbrains and the Trumpskulls are just white noise in this forum.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 17:38
    @mghrn55 said
    That is another debate.
    And we all know that your views are driven by politics.
    And the facts are still out there. The COVID serious illnesses and deaths are being driven by the unvaccinated to the tune of >90%.

Using your argument that you survived COVID to influence the decision the decision of someone who hasn't been infected yet is a false argument, and possibly dang ...[text shortened]... rry that influence.
    You and the metalbrains and the Trumpskulls are just white noise in this forum.
    Uneducated people do not know the probability of being hospitalized for a 35 year old who gets covid. They believe it is a likely outcome.
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 18:54
    @Eladar
    A friend of mine was in line to get a kidney transplant and
    was advised, if he wanted MEDI-CARE to pay for
    the procedure, he would have to quit smoking.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 19:05
    @jimm619 said
    @Eladar
    A friend of mine was in line to get a kidney transplant and
    was advised, if he wanted MEDI-CARE to pay for
    the procedure, he would have to quit smoking.
    Quit smoking for how long?

Get the kidney, go back to smoking.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 01:40
    @kewpie said
    Why would you waste a scarce health resource (a healthy kidney) on a patient who doesn't care about risking the lives and families of surgery workers? Let's get real here. If that patient gets Covid that precious kidney's been completely wasted.
    She already had covid and has natural immunity. It is also the donor of the kidney, not the recipient. If you had watched the video you would know that.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 01:50
    @zahlanzi said
    "Just pointing out the abuse one group gets while bot others."
    Life is unfair.
    In this case however unvaccinated (through a personal ignorant decision) people deserve the abuse.
    "Destroy your kidney due to your sweet tooth, get s new kidney."
    The system isn't perfect.
    If you get a disease through a personal lifestyle choice and you don't convince the transplant commi ...[text shortened]... last forever
    https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination
    "Immunity doesn't last forever"

The gene vaccine doesn't give immunity from the virus, getting covid and recovering does. Even protection from getting hospitalized from the gene vaccine does not last forever, hence booster shots.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 01:58
    @zahlanzi said
    for like 90 days and very not on the same levels.

Edit: sorry, I forgot the link you could ignore:
    https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination
    US data uses CDC corrupted data.

The CDC does not count all breakthrough infections. That corrupted the US data.
    Use Israel's data. It is the best in the world. US data is a sick joke.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 12:59
    @Metal-Brai

The good news is we don't have to listen to you EVER since ALL you want is to diss Biden, that is your ONLY goal.

For every Biden gaff there are a THOUSAND from your god king you claim to hate.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 13:15
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brai

The good news is we don't have to listen to you EVER since ALL you want is to diss Biden, that is your ONLY goal.

For every Biden gaff there are a THOUSAND from your god king you claim to hate.
    Trump never turned his back on reporters asking questions. brandon is a failure just like you. How is your family coping with all the high prices? gonna get cold this winter, hope you have plenty of money.

Myself, I would prefer a mean tweet and $1.29 gas
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 13:37
    @eladar said
    I thought only cowards feared death this anti vaxxer clearly has no fear of death and as you’ve said many times ‘we all die anyway’ so why are worrying about this kidney patient?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 13:411 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    I thought only cowards feared death this anti vaxxer clearly has no fear of death and as you’ve said many times ‘we all die anyway’ so why are worrying about this kidney patient?
    Only cowards fear death from a virus that kills less than 1 in a thousand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree