Trump's Mar-a-Lago raided.

Trump's Mar-a-Lago raided.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Aug 22

@Mott-The-Hoople
If you EVER watched a REAL TV station instead of that crapola BS artist, Newsmax and Faux news, maybe you would have found out that Raid 101 shyte.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Aug 22

@earl-of-trumps said
There are 4 items listed as "top secret documents", several others as secret documents.
The items listed as "boxes of documents" did not specify a classification.
And some are labelled "Confidential".

" Top Secret, Secret, and Confidential" are all "classified". https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/18/3a.11

Planet Rain

Moves
18 Aug 22

@earl-of-trumps said
There are 4 items listed as "top secret documents", several others as secret documents.
The items listed as "boxes of documents" did not specify a classification.
I'm always fascinated by the pretzel knots Trumpers will twist themselves into to excuse every transgression Dear Leader has committed, no matter how egregious.

How do you find the time to do this while simultaneously obsessing about Hillary's e-mails?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Aug 22

@jimm619 said
OH, THE IRONY,
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-made-it-a-felony-to-mishandle-classified-documents-in-2018_n_62f3c2e9e4b0133dd5b4f229
How TF is this man staying out of jail?

If it were you or me, we'd never see daylight again.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Aug 22

@Suzianne
And if we were in Russia or China, how long would we even be ALIVE?

Moves
18 Aug 22

@no1marauder said

" Top Secret, Secret, and Confidential" are all "classified". https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/18/3a.11
how do you know this?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Aug 22
1 edit

@Mott-The-Hoople
We don't know for sure but there is one person who knows EXACTLY what levels there are.
Did you get the part where some of those documents were found in Trump's BEDROOM.

So any argument that goes like 'Gee, I never knew they were there, my staff must have accidentally put all those boxes in my house'' would be viewed with laughter by any judge looking at that case.

I don't suppose you would have heard the phrase 'THESE WERE MINE' on Fox news or BretFART or Newsmax.
That is what his aides reported Trump said about those documents.

And BTW, the DOJ warrant doesn't even mention levels of security so it doesn't matter as far as the law is concerned.

Answer me this: How long would YOU stay out of jail if those docs were in YOUR house?

Moves
18 Aug 22

@no1marauder said

can these documents be declassified?

Moves
18 Aug 22

@sonhouse said
@Mott-The-Hoople
We don't know for sure but there is one person who knows EXACTLY what levels there are.
Did you get the part where some of those documents were found in Trump's BEDROOM.

So any argument that goes like 'Gee, I never knew they were there, my staff must have accidentally put all those boxes in my house'' would be viewed with laughter by any judge looking ...[text shortened]... concerned.

Answer me this: How long would YOU stay out of jail if those docs were in YOUR house?
"We don't know for sure'

the first truthful thing I have heard you say.

Planet Rain

Moves
18 Aug 22

@suzianne said
How TF is this man staying out of jail?

If it were you or me, we'd never see daylight again.
It certainly lays bare the degree to which money and power have perverted the US justice system.

Here's a tidbit folks should think about when thinking about Trump heisting US nuclear secrets:

Julius Rosenberg (May 12, 1918 – June 19, 1953) and Ethel Rosenberg (née Greenglass; September 28, 1915 – June 19, 1953) were American citizens who were convicted of spying on behalf of the Soviet Union. The couple were convicted of providing top-secret information about radar, sonar, jet propulsion engines and valuable nuclear weapon designs. Convicted of espionage in 1951, they were executed by the federal government of the United States in 1953 at Sing Sing Correctional Facility in Ossining, New York, becoming the first American civilians to be executed for such charges and the first to receive that penalty during peacetime.*

But I wouldn't want Trump executed by the government for three reasons. First, I'm against capital punishment on principle; second, it would make Dear Leader a martyr in the eyes of his incel apostles; and third, Trump whiling away his declining years in a jumpsuit as orange as his bozo hair would be a fate worse than death to his galactic ego.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_and_Ethel_Rosenberg

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
19 Aug 22

@no1marauder said

Thanks for the earth shattering explanation as to what a classification is. Ooph.

w

Moves
19 Aug 22

@soothfast said
It certainly lays bare the degree to which money and power have perverted the US justice system.

Here's a tidbit folks should think about when thinking about Trump heisting US nuclear secrets:

[quote]Julius Rosenberg (May 12, 1918 – June 19, 1953) and Ethel Rosenberg (née Greenglass; September 28, 1915 – June 19, 1953) were American citizens who were convicted of spyi ...[text shortened]... se than death to his galactic ego.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_and_Ethel_Rosenberg
The Trumper conservatives don't seem to care about history. Trump is "most persecuted ever" just because he said so and he's right.

Never mind that presidents have been assassinated.

Never mind that people holding top secret documents have previously been executed.

Never mind any of the past. He's the most... persecuted... ever.

Do you remember that time you thought you were going to a party but instead it was a cult? No. Me neither. No one does.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Aug 22

@mott-the-hoople said
how do you know this?
I read the Inventory; did you?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Aug 22

@earl-of-trumps said
Thanks for the earth shattering explanation as to what a classification is. Ooph.
Thank you. Unfortunately, Mott is still too stupid to understand it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Aug 22
2 edits

@Mott-The-Hoople
So you are so flippant you care nothing about national security or what happens if TS/SCI docs fell into the wrong hands.
That makes YOU as complicit as the traitor Trump.

And you LOVE being there, that is the sick part.