The $88 baseball

The $88 baseball

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
So there is a high likelihood that a neo-Nazi works or worked for the DHS and wrote a piece for a government website that after two years is still online. There is a high likelihood that neo-Nazis work for the Trump campaign and that they have used the inverted red triangle - a Nazi symbol designating political opponents - in ads attacking Antifa.

This does not concern you at all? Even the AfD does a better job trying to hide its links to white supremacists.
Joe, this is why you should never give a direct answer to a leftist

Just keep dazzling him with facts and his lack of same.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
Try reading the entire OP and the four distinct examples contained therein.
I have read it.
So you think that when AP reports on 1488 missing children as per some immigration
official, the use of that number 1488 was a dog whistle, by *somebody* in
Washington who is an embedded White Supremist. [SIGH] Lord please help me.

The link you provided to a bunch of tweets continually asks the same question,
$88, so why not $85, or $90? You can make the exact same question about any
retail item in the world. "$88,000? why not $85,000? Or $90,000?" Complete LUNACY.

And this:
Conclusion
The Trump Organization’s TrumpStore.com (which maintained a retail presence in Trump Tower) has a live listing for a baseball priced at $88. The number 88 is a well-known extremist symbol, used by white supremacists to signal others with similar beliefs.

So there ya go. Proven!!! See how she proved it?? $88, man. There's ya proof!!!

Now, do you have any proof that there is a secretive white supremist working
in Washington or in the Trump Store?

Yes or No

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jul 20
1 edit

What a weird hill to die on, EoT. Standing with neo-Nazis just to prevent having to accept that a "leftist" - who isn't actually left-wing - has a point.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Trying proving to me that the pricer didn't choose $88 on nothing more than market forces
When everything else in the online shop above $20 is rounded to the nearest $5 ...

.. and there are no "market forces" these are exclusive items to support Trump.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
What a weird hill to die on, EoT. Standing with neo-Nazi's just to prevent having to accept that a "leftist" - who isn't actually left-wing - has a point.
What neo-nazis would this be? Can you name them please?

Take your tin-foil hat off before answering.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Jul 20

@wolfgang59 said
When everything else in the online shop above $20 is rounded to the nearest $5 ...

Wow that's all the proof I need.

Sold!

/sarc

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Jul 20
2 edits

haHa.

The years 1988 and 2014 are very important to the pricer at the Trump Store.

that's it.

Planet Rain

Moves
07 Jul 20

@wolfgang59 said

That is quite curious. Yes, very curious.

Planet Rain

Moves
07 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Wow that's all the proof I need.

Sold!

/sarc
I think all you'd have to believe is that someone with neo-Nazi inclinations running the website, or a group of such someones, had a hand in putting an $88 price tag on a baseball as a wink-wink, nudge-nudge joke. I doubt it was a directive from the Trump administration or Trump campaign.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jul 20
1 edit

@kazetnagorra said
So there is a high likelihood that a neo-Nazi works or worked for the DHS and wrote a piece for a government website that after two years is still online. There is a high likelihood that neo-Nazis work for the Trump campaign and that they have used the inverted red triangle - a Nazi symbol designating political opponents - in ads attacking Antifa.

This does not concern you at all? Even the AfD does a better job trying to hide its links to white supremacists.
High likely hood? I said greater than zero probability...Does the possibility make the entire DHS a covert racist organization? What do you suspect is the significance of the inverted red triangle with respect to Trumps target audience in the ads?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jul 20

@soothfast said
I think all you'd have to believe is that someone with neo-Nazi inclinations running the website, or a group of such someones, had a hand in putting an $88 price tag on a baseball as a wink-wink, nudge-nudge joke. I doubt it was a directive from the Trump administration or Trump campaign.
"I think all you'd have to believe" - Soothfast

Precisely...now what is the incontrovertible evidence it is accurate?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jul 20
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
Joe, this is why you should never give a direct answer to a leftist

Just keep dazzling him with facts and his lack of same.
Its amazing how suddenly kazet is onboard with conspiracy theories...automatically legitimizing them without actual evidence so long as they paint Trump as an evil genius!

This same person believes that on 9-11 Two Structural Steel Frame high-rise's fell in their footprint when hit by airplanes un the upper stories for which they were designed to take the impact. Then, a third 47 story structural steel high rise fell at "g", in its own footprint later that day without having suffered any impact at all. The official story: Collapse due to "normal" office fires in a fire proof building. An eventuality that has never happened prior, and hasn't since.

People are lemmings.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
"I think all you'd have to believe" - Soothfast
Joe - you enjoy your Math and the scientific method.
Pick an online store ... say K-Mart.
How many items do they have for $88?
Limiting your search to items in the $80-$90 range what percentage are $88.

This is not about "beliefs" it is about facts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jul 20

@wolfgang59 said
Joe - you enjoy your Math and the scientific method.
Pick an online store ... say K-Mart.
How many items do they have for $88?
Limiting your search to items in the $80-$90 range what percentage are $88.

This is not about "beliefs" it is about facts.
To do something comprehensive would be a massive undertaking, and it still wouldn't prove anything. Here is a Black Friday list from Walmart in Arkansas 2014

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2014/11/12/the-new-black-friday-exclusively-at-walmart

"Smart TV sold for $688."
"Disney “Frozen” Snow Glow Elsa Doll for $28.88"
"Sony Bluetooth Sound Bar with Wired Subwoofer for $88 ($50 savings)"

I notice 8's all over the place.

What is the probability of neo-Nazi "dogwhistle pricing" in the remainder of items in that Trump store?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jul 20

https://www.walmart.com/search/?max_price=89&min_price=87&page=1&query=&value=%2487+-+%2489

In the first 40 Items of a 25 page search result I notice 9 instances of the digits "88", so about 22% of the items on the first page.