1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 06:32
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I wonder if we can get Russ to ban "88"? And I mean, everywhere!
    you played 5,488 moves? That must now be displayed as 5,4xx. Got it.
    You can be flippant about coded racist symbolism and still deny you are a racist?
    Funny.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 06:42
    @kazetnagorra said
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics
    Isn’t it a tad too codified to be a dog whistle I would never have gotten the link even though I know Hitlers birthday and it’s use. Isn’t a dog whistle meant to get people fired up and supportive of something negative by its use.
    This is Trump if he’s consciously appealing to Neo Nazis it’s probably for marketing purposes which is arguably worse, does it have 88 stamped on the ball?
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 06:45
    @ashiitaka said
    Are you sure you've never read "The Crucible"?
    Earl doesn’t have problem with McCarthyism.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 07:11
    @kevcvs57 said
    Isn’t it a tad too codified to be a dog whistle I would never have gotten the link even though I know Hitlers birthday and it’s use. Isn’t a dog whistle meant to get people fired up and supportive of something negative by its use.
    This is Trump if he’s consciously appealing to Neo Nazis it’s probably for marketing purposes which is arguably worse, does it have 88 stamped on the ball?
    Did you consider all of the four distinct examples in my OP?

Are they all coincidences?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 07:18
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I wonder if we can get Russ to ban "88"? And I mean, everywhere!
    you played 5,488 moves? That must now be displayed as 5,4xx. Got it.

In fact: https://www.adl.org/hate-symbols

109/110
    [i]The figure 109 is white supremacist numeric shorthand for the number of countries anti-Semites claim Jews have been expelled from. In calling for the expulsion of Jews from th ...[text shortened]... link! Who'da thunk it

We have to get Russ to ban all these DOG-WHISTLES

Phew! save the world.
    What would you consider the most plausible reason why the DHS statement uses "out of 88"? Why not "out of 100" or a percentage? That number was picked for a deliberate reason.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 10:15
    @kazetnagorra said
    Did you consider all of the four distinct examples in my OP?

Are they all coincidences?
    I have now and I think it’s certainly possible that sometimes the No 88 will appear completely randomly.
    If it appears on the back of a skinheads bomber jacket then I’ll feel confident in drawing a conclusion.
    I’m sure the Neo Nazi vote is going to trump anyway but as I say I wouldn’t put it past him to utilise the numbers significance to increase sales at greatly inflated prices.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 11:11
    @kevcvs57 said
    I have now and I think it’s certainly possible that sometimes the No 88 will appear completely randomly.
    If it appears on the back of a skinheads bomber jacket then I’ll feel confident in drawing a conclusion.
    I’m sure the Neo Nazi vote is going to trump anyway but as I say I wouldn’t put it past him to utilise the numbers significance to increase sales at greatly inflated prices.
    Of course that number will pop up in innocent contexts sometimes. The examples in my OP show a clear trend that is not easily explained as coincidences.

White supremacists and neo-Nazis do routinely use the number "88" but as you are not hanging out with them regularly you might not be aware. I don't either, but I follow some watchdog communities online.

These references are not for the purposes of recruiting per se, it's a show of strength. Neo-Nazis want to show to their own ranks that they are numerous at the top echelons of the Trump administration and campaign, and that they have the support of the wider Republican Party.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 11:35
    @wolfgang59 said
    You can be flippant about coded racist symbolism and still deny you are a racist?
    Funny.
    Codes!! they're everywhere!!!!!

I bet you believed the earth was going to end at the expiration of Mayan calendar too.

Codes!!!! God help me!
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 11:36
    @kevcvs57 said
    Please kev. Don't tell me you believe this Drivel. You're better than that, Kev
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 11:38
    @kevcvs57 said
    Earl doesn’t have problem with McCarthyism.
    As a libertarian I have a big problem with McCarthyism
    But I rather enjoy when people don't like communists.
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 11:43
    @kazetnagorra said
    What would you consider the most plausible reason why the DHS statement uses "out of 88"? Why not "out of 100" or a percentage? That number was picked for a deliberate reason.
    Every one of the billions of prices of all things retail has a price (number) that
    was "picked for a deliberate reason".

I'm an old-time CB-er (citizen band radio). We used to wish each other (male to female) 88's - as in "88's to you", as in sending you hugs and kisses.

I really think your paranoia needs medical attention.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 11:471 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Every one of the billions of prices of all things retail has a price (number) that
    was "picked for a deliberate reason".

I'm an old-time CB-er (citizen band radio). We used to wish each other (male to female) 88's - as in "88's to you", as in sending you hugs and kisses.

I really think your paranoia needs medical attention.
    So you can't come up with a reason why the DHS would use "out of 88," nor why a baseball would be priced at exactly $88, nor why the Trump campaign would use anti-Semitic tropes and Nazi symbols.

Could it be... I'm right?
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 11:53
    Y'all should go back and read the ADL link and just look at the slew of numbers
    in there that one whacko group or another use as "codes".

If those numbers were to be banned by the paranoid ones we wouldn't be able
    to teach kids math or price half the retail items with an appropriate price.

Just as an aside, the ADL did not have "88" listed.
    Must be the product of some moon bat.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 11:58
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Y'all should go back and read the ADL link and just look at the slew of numbers
    in there that one whacko group or another use as "codes".

If those numbers were to be banned by the paranoid ones we wouldn't be able
    to teach kids math or price half the retail items with an appropriate price.

Just as an aside, the ADL did not have "88" listed.
    Must be the product of some moon bat.
    https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/88
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 14:302 edits
    @kazetnagorra said
    So you can't come up with a reason why the DHS would use "out of 88," nor why a baseball would be priced at exactly $88, nor why the Trump campaign would use anti-Semitic tropes and Nazi symbols.

Could it be... I'm right?
    Who said I can't come up with a reason?
    I'll do the same thing you did, pick it out of thin air!

The price was chosen because of % markup desires. That was easy.

"Exactly $88" - Doh! It has to be exactly SOME dollars no matter what the prices was.
    What if he priced something that was $12? The Number12 is w.supremist symbol, too.
    If all of these targets of leftists kept leaping to their the leftists demands,
    there'd be no numbers left to use!!

Did you know that 88 was a number that is a code to some supremist group
    somewhere, **BEFORE** you read some leftist report of it???

Tell the damn truth. You didn't know, did you. Nobody in here knew that.
    So why can't the Trump retail store NOT know that, too? The answer is,
    they can They didn't know and don't give a rats'azz what leftist loons say.
    88 is an actual functioning number. get over yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree