1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 20:41
    @yo-its-me said
    [i]"Ella died at the age of 9. She had severe, hypersecretory asthma causing episodes of respiratory and cardiac arrest and requiring frequent emergency hospital admissions. On 15 February 2013 she had a further asthmatic episode at home and was taken to hospital where she suffered a cardiac arrest from which she could not be resuscitated.
    Air pollution was a significant c ...[text shortened]... nalised and supported in the UK, London particularly.

So we're going to sell one of our two cars.
    No this is a stupid idea.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 21:44
    @averagejoe1 said
    Just doing the best that I can for my family, burying stuff in the backyard, giving 10% to various charities, mostly for 'at risk' kids. So, what else do you want me to do, for the common good?? The Right has INDEED heard of what you call the common good, I call it charity myself. And googling shows that Repubs, the Right, the Conservatives, have a more impressive record of giving.
    As Handy would say, send us a link on how Repubs do no charitable giving?
    How is burying stuff in your backyard for your family?

That's confused me!

And, it's not about charity. It's about community, society, your descendent having a world to live in and your fellow human beings lives not being cut short or cut back by your selfishness.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 21:45
    @athousandyoung said
    No this is a stupid idea.
    Oh?
    Why?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 21:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 May '21 01:13
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Gold. I buried gold. This isnt funny. You think I’m kidding? Actually, it will be too late, and unconscionable, for guns, so my gchildren will have at least gold to barter with. I hope it will be bitcoin, i bought it at $3300, a year ago, it is $56000 now. Surely yall got some then? And burying is not a bad idea, ,,,,,the feds could get into safe deposit boxes ilf you think about it. Biden is off his rocker,
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 May '21 01:162 edits
    @yo-its-me said
    How is burying stuff in your backyard for your family?

That's confused me!

And, it's not about charity. It's about community, society, your descendent having a world to live in and your fellow human beings lives not being cut short or cut back by your selfishness.
    Its good for my family? because it will always be valuable and thus be their bartering tool to safety. Imagine families in Venezuela who have gold in their backyards.

To your question, it is definitely good for my descendants. I put that ahead of community and society and what you folks refer to as the common good. What if I give money and food to a guy who I later found out has killed his six children and his wife with a knife?
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    01 May '21 23:50
    @shallow-blue said
    I disagree that labeling it "range anxiety" is honest, on either account.
    Range anxiety is a catch all phrase that you do a very good job of explaining in your post. Much like mobile phones, most people get into the habit of charging overnight because we know how inconvenient it is to run out of charge in the middle of the day.

As to EV'S most of them have a range between 300 to 500 km. My internal combustion bag of bolts tells me when I fill up, that I have a range of around 400km. That lasts me a whole week for my driving needs, month after month. The times that I go on longer journeys, I would usually stop and refuel and get some food, stretch my legs, go to the toilet which would take as much time as pulling up at a super charge station and plugging in. The only difference would be I would fill my petrol car in 5 minutes and then take another 25 to eat, stretch and crap, while with an EV my eating stretching and ablutions would take place while my vehicle was being supercharged.

Is range anxiety a true "anxiety". No, but when you analyse the "justified" concerns of those who are emotionally wed to fossil fuel transportation, most can be shown to be slightly irrational within a real world context.
  8. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    02 May '21 15:031 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Electric vehicles are coming on strong. Hopefully that will alleviate a lot of the problem
    Manufacturing ONE electric car causes an enormous amount of pollution:
    https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a1709966/will-some-gas-and-diesel-cars-still-produce-less-pollution-evs/
    I don't remember the site, but the claim was that making the enormous 1000 pound pile of batteries for a single electric car was equivalent to a gas car running for 8 years ....but it's the web so who knows if it's true.
    Sounds about right though.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '21 16:261 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 May '21 16:30
    @yo-its-me said
    [i]"Ella died at the age of 9. She had severe, hypersecretory asthma causing episodes of respiratory and cardiac arrest and requiring frequent emergency hospital admissions. On 15 February 2013 she had a further asthmatic episode at home and was taken to hospital where she suffered a cardiac arrest from which she could not be resuscitated.
    Air pollution was a significant c ...[text shortened]... nalised and supported in the UK, London particularly.

So we're going to sell one of our two cars.
    I know that would never work in Texas , lol .
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 May '21 16:33
    @averagejoe1 said
    Gold. I buried gold. This isnt funny. You think I’m kidding? Actually, it will be too late, and unconscionable, for guns, so my gchildren will have at least gold to barter with. I hope it will be bitcoin, i bought it at $3300, a year ago, it is $56000 now. Surely yall got some then? And burying is not a bad idea, ,,,,,the feds could get into safe deposit boxes ilf you think about it. Biden is off his rocker,
    You should check in with a mental health professional . Help is available .
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    02 May '21 20:341 edit
    Duchess has a real thing about race. You are not unlike Sonhouse's Trump ramblings. Why dont you go back to the many different genders?
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    02 May '21 20:36
    Lincoln makes a great car, my choice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree