1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 00:42
    @earl-of-trumps said
    It's worth posting again because it shows a very strong correlation between
    fatherless homes, poverty, and crime.

[i]Statistics show that women-only households are more likely to live below the poverty line. In 2016, the U.S. Census Bureau reported that these types of families increased to 28 percent. This leaves children vulnerable to a variety of social hardships ...[text shortened]... dmits that there is a correlation.

amazing. It's called the Law Offices of Duck, Dodge, and Hyde.
    Everybody knows that the population of poor women acts as a supply of sexual services for the rich. Good luck getting those men to marry the women they screw!
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 10:55
    @athousandyoung said
    You seem a little bit naive. Not every fatherless household has "gone through divorce". Watch Game of Thrones. Notice all the bastards running around?
    I was never trying to imply that single mothers were all as a result of divorce.
    I understand that the great welfare flats are of husbandless mothers.

Game of Thrones? dude, I don't watch anything like that. It stunts your mental growth
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 10:56
    @athousandyoung said
    Everybody knows that the population of poor women acts as a supply of sexual services for the rich. Good luck getting those men to marry the women they screw!
    loose morality appears to be a problem!
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 11:16
    @earl-of-trumps said
    They don't necessarily have to marry these women, but they should at least help support the children their sexual contacts might result in.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:041 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Trouble is earl poor folk have “loose morality” whilst rich folks have affairs.
    Absent fathers is a negative thing but not as negative as non absent abusive or neglectful fathers. I think if there was a programme of peers from these areas mentoring young men and boys in parenting skills and putting a positive slant on parenthood it might help break or disrupt the cycle. However we’d still be left with large pockets of badly educated, low skilled financially disadvantaged parents and children.

Edit is it honestly your take that being born into a financially viable single parent household is just as damaging as being born into a poor single parent household and that poverty is an irrelevance.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:151 edit
    @torunn said
    They don't necessarily have to marry these women, but they should at least help support the children their sexual contacts might result in.
    Your right Torunn there are a lot excellent parents out there that are estranged from each other but it’s a lot easier to be an actively involved parent if your not spending most of your efforts trying to feed, house and clothe them on a next to nothing income with little prospect of improvement.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:55
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Yes, we know where you and the like-minded stand.
    You’ve already proposed your spiritual awakening.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 13:06
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @mghrn55
    Sooooo......the point here......
    The President identified the issue on Jan 20, 2017.
    Should the current COVID 19 pandemic be put on the backburner for this serious issue you started a thread on ?

Seriously, if you don't wish to participate in the thread, please do not clog the
    thread up with silly statements and questions.

[quote]The ...[text shortened]... quote]

We need a spiritual awakening. the clergy and political leaders.
    And I mean REAL leaders.
    Yup, this was the one.
    That’s what most of the threads in this forum have been about lately.
    The larger battle for America’s return to Christian nationalist identity.
    This is the very basis of you blind support for your dangerous clown president.
    A large chunk of the efforts of your group (Whodey, Mott, averagejoe and others, some have disappeared to troll elsewhere) has been based on the evangelical solution for your country.

Not quite the Islamic extremist desire to return to the 7th century, but backwards nonetheless.

You can call my posts silly if you wish, but I am calling you out on this thread.
    You view a Trump 2nd term as a solution, but won’t explain why he has fallen flat on his face in his first 3 and a half years.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 17:312 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    Your right Torunn there are a lot excellent parents out there that are estranged from each other but it’s a lot easier to be an actively involved parent if your not spending most of your efforts trying to feed, house and clothe them on a next to nothing income with little prospect of improvement.
    You will find many of these women in the suburbs. Some of them come from similar families and the social pattern is repeated. They live - as you say - on next to nothing, and because they have so little, many of them tend to spend it on the wrong things, thinking it doesn't matter, as it is not enough for anything else.
    In these areas the criminal gangs recruit youngsters who say they feel a kind of security in these groups. As long as they follow the gang rules, they are protected.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 20:09
    @kevcvs57
    Edit is it honestly your take that being born into a financially viable single parent household is just as damaging as being born into a poor single parent household and that poverty is an irrelevance.

I'd say that is fair. I don't think finances is as big a deal as people make it out to be.
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 20:18
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @kevcvs57

I'd say that is fair. I don't think finances is as big a deal as people make it out to be.
    It's the things that come with poverty that create the social dilemma - bad housing, bad schools, poor education, unemployment = very limited options, if any. If that is all you see when you grow up, then it is easy to think that this is your place in life.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 21:01
    @torunn said
    You will find many of these women in the suburbs. Some of them come from similar families and the social pattern is repeated. They live - as you say - on next to nothing, and because they have so little, many of them tend to spend it on the wrong things, thinking it doesn't matter, as it is not enough for anything else.
    In these areas the criminal gangs recruit youngsters who ...[text shortened]... feel a kind of security in these groups. As long as they follow the gang rules, they are protected.
    Yes exactly the cyclical issues I mentioned earlier torunn you find them everywhere and organised crime always recruits from poverty. I’m sure there are plenty of middle income single parent families whose children are no more likely to enter a life of crime than their two parent neighbours. The right like to bury the truth about the corrosive effects of poverty and blame the poor rather than the system that perpetuates it.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 21:03
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @kevcvs57

Lol no of course you don’t earl and your entitled to your opinion.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 23:09
    @kevcvs57 said
    Lol no of course you don’t earl and your entitled to your opinion.
    I don't know why you found it funny but whatever
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 00:12
    @mghrn55 The larger battle for America’s return to Christian nationalist identity.
    This is the very basis of you blind support for your dangerous clown president.

That's enough out of you.

FLUSH

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree