1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 04:25
    @shavixmir said
    https://youtu.be/zSV3Q4ztGaA

The US Space Force has revealed its song.
    Now, let me be the first to get down on my knees and beg Satan, Jesus and Tinkerbell that this isn’t a hoax.

It’s so fukking horrifically awful, nearly nazi-esque and retarded that I got dispensation from the mods for swearing.

https://www.spaceforce.com/
    Their own website…

Holy hell… it’s ...[text shortened]...
    Hahahaha
    Hahaha

God damn. That will have the alien stormtroopers doubled up in fear, no doubts!
    I guess a name picked by Trump and a tune like that deserve each other.
    Too bad Warp Speed was taken for COVID. ๐Ÿ˜†
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 06:261 edit
    @soothfast said
    It's like a high school fight song.
    “Rah rah Rasputin, Russia’s greatest love machine” was better than “guardians beyond the blue.”
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 07:44
    @shavixmir said
    The lyrics are so bad, it boggles the mind.

“Beyond the blue” ???
    “Invisible front line” ???
    “Space force from on high” ???

Whoever wrote that was bloody high.

No. Sorry. The Beatles were high and they wrote great songs. This just oozes Christian Just-Say-No drool.

Good grief. I wonder what Neil deGrasse Tyson has got to say about it…
    It’s exactly what I’d expect from the sitcom ‘Space Force’ which is actually quite funny in a Steven Carell kinda way.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 07:46
    @shallow-blue said
    A classic! It's almost as good as:

There's a feeling everywhere of bigger things in store
    Of new horizons coming into view
    Our aim is clear: To make each year exceed the one before
    Staying in the lead in everything we do

(Now, who here remembers those BEEPs?)
    I’m getting nothing on Google, was it the CCP before covid
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 08:06
    OMG ๐Ÿ˜†

My wife just said “I can just imagine the Hitler Youth goose-stepping to that!”

It’s like something from a 1940s war movie version of a cross between Galaxy Quest and Starship Troopers.

Wonderful stuff.

would you like to know more?
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 14:47
    @mghrn55 said
    The song ??
    Or averagejoe playing instruments ?? ๐Ÿ˜†
    Or averagejoe playing instruments ??
    He may be good at playing this tune with his vibrating butt-plug. I can picture him now making the music. If only Trumps name was in the song you could really picture him (playing) away. His poor next-door neighbors.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 17:59
    @moonbus said
    Yes, it’s embarrassingly bad. Tom Lehrer would’ve done better.
    Don't insult Dr. Lehrer by associating him with this flag-masturbating tripe.

John Philip Sousa, TAFKAP, and Nicki... OK, maybe not her, but let's say Ariana Grande would also have done better, and been closer in style.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 18:00
    @fiandrunko said
    "Hail to the Redskins! Hail Victory!"

Fuk I hated that song.
    Look, can you just go back to jail - again?
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 18:04
    @shavixmir said
    Whoever wrote that was bloody high.

No. Sorry. The Beatles were high and they wrote great songs. This just oozes Christian Just-Say-No drool.

Good grief. I wonder what Neil deGrasse Tyson has got to say about it…
    The Beatles were high before and after they wrote their songs. They knew better than to write things while being high.

This has nothing to do with Christianity. It's all atheist Freemason ritual.

And as for Tyson... he's probably lapping it up. Sorry, but I have no respect for the man whatsoever. Give me Brian May or Patrick Moore.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 18:18
    @kevcvs57 said
    I’m getting nothing on Google, was it the CCP before covid
    Oh no. This is all American. In fact, it's All-American.

If you had your first IBM-compatible computer in the 1980s (or rather, your parents did), it would have come with either BasicA or GWBasic. And with that would have come a diskette - yes, a separate diskette - with sample Basic programs on them. One of those would have played tunes. And one of those tunes, in fact the most notorious one, would have been "Ever Onward", the IBM corporate rally song.

Here, listen to this beauty: YouTube. And keep in mind that in those days, the lyrics would appear on your computer screen in full 80x24 character resolution, so you could sing along.

It did teach this teenaged European a rather tawdry lesson about American culture, back then.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 19:51
    @shallow-blue said
    Oh no. This is all American. In fact, it's All-American.

If you had your first IBM-compatible computer in the 1980s (or rather, your parents did), it would have come with either BasicA or GWBasic. And with that would have come a diskette - yes, a separate diskette - with sample Basic programs on them. One of those would have played tunes. And one of those tunes, in fa ...[text shortened]... ng.

It did teach this teenaged European a rather tawdry lesson about American culture, back then.
    Ha insane and so much to unpack, I still think they’ve ripped off the lyrics from an old Maoist marching. ‘Revere our leaders’ was a dead give away.
    According to the lyrics only men worked for IBM. I do have fond memories of BASIC though really accessible for the domestic amateur.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 14:46
    @kevcvs57 said
    Ha insane and so much to unpack, I still think they’ve ripped off the lyrics from an old Maoist marching. ‘Revere our leaders’ was a dead give away.
    A dead giveaway for the personality cult of the American entrepreneur, you mean. TJ Watson was born a decade or two before Mao, and was revered as the Great Leader as long before.

Uncommunist China is bad enough, but nothing compared to the anti-communist USA.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 17:28
    The song is not getting good reviews;

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/09/22/space-force-song-mockery-moos-orig-bdk.cnn/video/playlists/atv-trending-videos/
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 22:58
    @shavixmir
    Probably written by Pence.....
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 23:00
    @AverageJoe1
    Get on soundcloud and post some licks there, guitar? Mandolin, whatever. It's free to get an account there, we can see how well you play.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree