1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 10:471 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    A dead giveaway for the personality cult of the American entrepreneur, you mean. TJ Watson was born a decade or two before Mao, and was revered as the Great Leader as long before.

Uncommunist China is bad enough, but nothing compared to the anti-communist USA.
    Well they’ve all been usurped by our ‘Dear Leader’ Donald J Trump and Qanon is writing marching songs
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 10:55
    @kevcvs57 said
    It’s exactly what I’d expect from the sitcom ‘Space Force’ which is actually quite funny in a Steven Carell kinda way.
    My wife and me liked that. If the hymn would have ben played there I would have applauded the scriptors 😉.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 11:23
    @shavixmir said

Good grief. I wonder what Neil deGrasse Tyson has got to say about it…
    If you are interested I just saw he spoke about it on cnn:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/09/25/neil-degrasse-tyson-space-force-new-song-nr-vpx.cnn

It may be not the reaction you expected...
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 15:17
    @ponderable said
    My wife and me liked that. If the hymn would have ben played there I would have applauded the scriptors 😉.
    It certainly wouldn’t have looked out of place 😊
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 16:16
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well they’ve all been usurped by our ‘Dear Leader’ Donald J Trump and Qanon is writing marching songs
    Nope. This was the core of the American soul, many decades before Trump. "In Gold We Trust" is the very core of that country's existence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree