Please at least see what is happening

Please at least see what is happening

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Jan 21

@averagejoe1 said
It appears censorship is being applauded. Be careful.
Next, they will end filibuster, end the Electoral college, admit NEW states, jesus, pack the Scotus,.....all meant to Emasculate their conservative competition. And AOC says we should rein in the media. How is this happening? Voting for trillions with no way to pay for it.
100 Years ago, railroads, oil, teleg ...[text shortened]... asingly unfree america are being strangled.
This is a fact. I hope someone here is concerned.
Yes. Please be able to see.

You are being brainwashed by right-wing media outlets which are so extremist in their views that most media outlets don’t copy their output and most humans on the planet think they and their listeners are right-wing lunatics.

The US mainstream media, as you put it, has a right-wing bias.
Most media does.

Who owns it? Not the steel workers doing shift work, that’s for sure.
Who advertises in it? Not the anti-commercial hippies, that’s for sure.
Etc.

Your democratic party is a right-wing party compared to most political parties in the world. Especially in Europe. Every European, mainstream political party, is to the left of the democrats (the English conservative party excluded).
Where does that put the republicans?
What does that say?

Now, you are talking about right-wing republican groups. Not even mainstream republicans.
In Europe you would be looking to the extreme far-right (semi-fascist) political parties to get within the ball game.

But even Geert Wilders, say, is economically to the left of the mainstream republican party.

So, taken with an international view, how much percent of media output do you think your views should have?

Breitbart, Fox news. Etc.
I would say that US extremism gets a lot of media attention.
How many threads on this forum are dominated by extremist right-wing American talking points? More than half! And you are about 10 people on the forum.

You really shouldn’t be complaining.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Jan 21

@averagejoe1 said
It is voluminous to write the pros and cons, just read its purpose and decide for yourself. One simple thing that I like, it helps a minority party control enough seats to block really questionable bills of the other party, it levels the field so the majority party does not overrun the works!! I am repub, but I think it should exist no matter who is in control.
A glowing endorcement if ever there was one.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 21

@averagejoe1 said
Ohhhhh, they WANT to be . Got it. So would I if I was from there or Cuba or wherever. Actually, as we are the most popular non-homogeneous country in the world, everybody ‘wants’ to be an American. Great reason, Why not ALL other nations become states? And How come they haven’t been a state, Marauder ? Why now but not then? A bed-wetting question.
Puerto Ricans are already Americans.

Really you are too dim-witted to waste time with.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 21

@averagejoe1 said
@AverageJoe1
Let’s be serious. Y’all can dance all you want, chicken-hands Pelosi and her minions want the new (liberal states for one reason. Next subject please.
2016:

“We support the right of the United States citizens of Puerto Rico to be admitted to the Union as a fully sovereign state. We further recognize the historic significance of the 2012 local referendum in which a 54 percent majority voted to end Puerto Rico’s current status as a U.S. territory, and 61 percent chose statehood over options for sovereign nationhood. We support the federally sponsored political status referendum authorized and funded by an Act of Congress in 2014 to ascertain the aspirations of the people of Puerto Rico. Once the 2012 local vote for statehood is ratified, Congress should approve an enabling act with terms for Puerto Rico’s future admission as the 51st state of the Union.”

2016 Republican Party Platform
http://www.pr51st.com/republican-party-platform-puerto-rico/

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
16 Jan 21

How screwed up is this???

Facebook And Twitter Lose Over $50 Billion In Market Value Since Banning Trump

Facebook and Twitter, the two largest social media platforms on the internet, saw their value take a massive tumble in the wake of the decision by both sites to indefinitely ban Donald Trump from both platforms.

Since the president’s banning, both platforms have collectively lost roughly $51.2 billion from their market caps, Markets Insider reported on Wednesday.
-------------------

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/facebook-and-twitter-lose-over-50-billion-in-market-value-since-banning-trump/amp/

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
16 Jan 21

@earl-of-trumps said
How screwed up is this???

Facebook And Twitter Lose Over $50 Billion In Market Value Since Banning Trump

Facebook and Twitter, the two largest social media platforms on the internet, saw their value take a massive tumble in the wake of the decision by both sites to indefinitely ban Donald Trump from both platforms.

Since the president’s banning, both ...[text shortened]... iticalinsider.com/facebook-and-twitter-lose-over-50-billion-in-market-value-since-banning-trump/amp/
They would’ve lost a lot more if they had kept facilitating him and his puke inducing demagoguery.
$50 billion is peanuts for these money making machines.

Moves
16 Jan 21

@no1marauder said
We've covered it before, but is it really just to deny the 3 million plus US citizens in Puerto Rico the advantages Statehood brings just because right wingers are afraid of how they might vote?
Of course it is! Taxation without real representation, it's the modern Republican American way.

Lake Como

Moves
16 Jan 21

@no1marauder said
2016:

“We support the right of the United States citizens of Puerto Rico to be admitted to the Union as a fully sovereign state. We further recognize the historic significance of the 2012 local referendum in which a 54 percent majority voted to end Puerto Rico’s current status as a U.S. territory, and 61 percent chose statehood over options for sovereign nationhood. We ...[text shortened]... on.”

2016 Republican Party Platform
http://www.pr51st.com/republican-party-platform-puerto-rico/
But you avoid my point, being the REAL reason that the dems want them as a state. In my opinion, the only reason. To cement their voting block. That is all I am saying. Bring 'em on, otherwise, as long as they pay their way. Bring them to add to the prosperity of the USA. (prosperity, y'all may have to look that word up).
But don't bring them for the nefarious reason to get more votes. Just ole average Joe with his claptrap.

Lake Como

Moves
16 Jan 21

@shavixmir said
Yes. Please be able to see.

You are being brainwashed by right-wing media outlets which are so extremist in their views that most media outlets don’t copy their output and most humans on the planet think they and their listeners are right-wing lunatics.

The US mainstream media, as you put it, has a right-wing bias.
Most media does.

Who owns it? Not the steel worke ...[text shortened]... s? More than half! And you are about 10 people on the forum.

You really shouldn’t be complaining.
That is a lot of stuff about Europe. rail on.

BUT your 'US mainstream media has a right wing bias." That would be NBC, ABC and CBS. You might want to check on that statement.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 21

@averagejoe1 said
But you avoid my point, being the REAL reason that the dems want them as a state. In my opinion, the only reason. To cement their voting block. That is all I am saying. Bring 'em on, otherwise, as long as they pay their way. Bring them to add to the prosperity of the USA. (prosperity, y'all may have to look that word up).
But don't bring them for the nefarious reason to get more votes. Just ole average Joe with his claptrap.
You have it backwards; both parties have supported the idea of Puerto Rican statehood for decades IF that is what the people of Puerto Rico wanted. Only right wingers have recently changed that position and only because they don't like how Puerto Ricans might vote.

Lake Como

Moves
16 Jan 21

@no1marauder said
You have it backwards; both parties have supported the idea of Puerto Rican statehood for decades IF that is what the people of Puerto Rico wanted. Only right wingers have recently changed that position and only because they don't like how Puerto Ricans might vote.
That could be. That would be my thinking, anyway.
That is, I Would not want to make a group of people a state for the sole purpose of garnering a larger voter block. More specifically I would not want Puerto Rico, because they will vote for Democrats, and our country will truly be over as we know it. The conservative party could never regain it. Makes me cry. 😥 Of course, you are all in with this plan. That is why we have debates😐.
This a better platform for debating than Twitter is, which y’all seem to support. Why would you support Twitter? The head-bun tattooed staff there pretty much edits the stuff, or dumps what they don’t like. Like the Chinese do? Russ, our moderator, is a pushover for letting us hang it all out there, even the foul language of Shav and myself (?). 🤫

Lake Como

Moves
16 Jan 21

@suzianne said
Are you gonna keep up this claptrap for the next four years?
On the Hunter#2” thread a while back your words were...”The dossier wasn’t fake.” You said that. A one-line post, which began with “Pssst...”

So now here you surface, casting aspersions at ole matter-of-fact AvJoe, that I write claptrap!.?!??!!???!! After making a statement which I am SURE our resident libs relied on to their detriment !?? Isn’t that at least claptrap, untruth, misrepresentation?
Suzianne, please elaborate, or say you were wrong.....in both cases😦

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 21
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
That could be. That would be my thinking, anyway.
That is, I Would not want to make a group of people a state for the sole purpose of garnering a larger voter block. More specifically I would not want Puerto Rico, because they will vote for Democrats, and our country will truly be over as we know it. The conservative party could never regain it. Makes me cry. 😥 Of cou ...[text shortened]... is a pushover for letting us hang it all out there, even the foul language of Shav and myself (?). 🤫
So it's OK for a resident of Puerto Rico to fight for the country, but not OK for him/her to have political representation because you don't like how he would possibly/probably vote?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Jan 21

@averagejoe1 said
That is a lot of stuff about Europe. rail on.

BUT your 'US mainstream media has a right wing bias." That would be NBC, ABC and CBS. You might want to check on that statement.
Just because a news outlet doesn’t push trump-brand lies and conspiracy, doesn’t make it left-wing.

Lake Como

Moves
16 Jan 21
1 edit

@no1marauder said
So it's OK for a resident of Puerto Rico to fight for the country, but not OK for him/her to have political representation because you don't like how he would possibly/probably vote?
This could go on all day. Anyone in the world could fight for our country. An illegal from Mexico could fight for our country. We do not 'draft', nor do we force people in this country, or in Puerto Rico, to go into service. So, it is indeed 'ok' for a Puerto Rican citizen to fight for our country, and it is also OK if he does Not fight for our country.

That resolved, thank you very much, I still say that the ONLY reason the vindictive vengeful Pelosi creature wants PR to be a state is so that the citizens of tha country will shore up more votes for your liberal party to unleash their liberal ideas on a country that has done quite well for 240 years,,,,,though imperfect...with a record far surpassing that of any other country. Whew.

And we did it without being like Sweden or Norway!!!!! Somebody tell Bernie that, will you?