1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 15:34
    @metal-brain said
    Dude, I just proved that Hillary Clinton should not be allowed to run based on your own criteria. If you had watched the video you would know that.
    No you didn’t and neither did the video, your talking gibberish again.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 16:04
    @metal-brain said
    Dude, I just proved that Hillary Clinton should not be allowed to run based on your own criteria. If you had watched the video you would know that.
    Nobody watches paranoid drivel you post.
  3. Garner, NC
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 19:01
    @wildgrass said
    Sure yeah. Like in little league they have those rules against saying bad words to protect small, emotionally fragile children. Is that what you mean?

For adults, it seems unnecessary but we're living in the snowflake generation raised on unearned rewards.
    Somehow as soon as I changed topics, the standards suddenly changed too.

So let's go back the main purpose. Tell me again why we need legal protections or social media exclusions of any kind for someone who claims an election was corrupted?

Are there snowflakes who get their little feelings hurt when someone says they cheated in an election?
  4. Garner, NC
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 19:092 edits
    @no1marauder said
    Jesus, you must have played dodgeball 24/7 as a kid.

If you can't find a single prominent Democrat who supports the idea, admit it.

And for the record despite your baseless assumption, I never said I "liked" or supported the idea. In point of fact, I don't.
    I already admitted that I hadn't found a prominent Democrat politician. Why do you act like we're disagreeing on that? And you call that dodgeball?

But I haven't looked yet. I'm not going to spend time on a search unless you're willing to put yourself out there and say "No, I don't think you'll be able to find any examples". But, I can find MANY examples of journalists, most of whom will prove to be registered as Democrats, at least to whatever extent we can check their registration. My guess is that many quietly support the idea, but most are smart enough to know how bad that would look if attention got called to it. On the contrary, those contributing to this thread don't seem to understand how bad it looks.

You never said you liked the idea, but you're kind of defending an idea by nitpicking my argument on a thread where the original post has at least 7 likes. Your defense seems to be "it's not that bad because no one in power agrees with us". If that's not what your saying, then why is it so important to establish that no "Democrats" support the idea? If you really didn't like the idea, I'd expect you to join in on my side of the debate.

Whether politicians are publicly supporting it or not, I find it chilling that so many mainstream voices are willing to support the idea of barring a candidate from office because of an opinion they hold. And somehow they also believe that conservatives are the ones that bring danger of fascism.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 20:37
    @kevcvs57 said
    No you didn’t and neither did the video, your talking gibberish again.
    Lie much?
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 21:19
    @techsouth said
    Somehow as soon as I changed topics, the standards suddenly changed too.

So let's go back the main purpose. Tell me again why we need legal protections or social media exclusions of any kind for someone who claims an election was corrupted?

Are there snowflakes who get their little feelings hurt when someone says they cheated in an election?
    They're running for office using a system of election that requires one side to lose. Obviously, undermining that process by lying about fraud and cheating and pretending someone else actually won is fundamentally different than lying about an opponents racist behavior. On one side you're eating the boat you're sitting in. On the other hand you're just name calling. Not the same.

If you want to be an astronaut, the existence of space outside our spherical earth is a prerequisite. Whether you are a white supremacist is not.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 21:32
    @techsouth said
    I already admitted that I hadn't found a prominent Democrat politician. Why do you act like we're disagreeing on that? And you call that dodgeball?

But I haven't looked yet. I'm not going to spend time on a search unless you're willing to put yourself out there and say "No, I don't think you'll be able to find any examples". But, I can find MANY examples of journali ...[text shortened]... y hold. And somehow they also believe that conservatives are the ones that bring danger of fascism.
    I object to your ludicrous assertion that the idea is something Democrats if "a party in power" would pursue. It's just another example of right wing pretend paranoia which is part of their never ending pity party over how badly you poor dears are mistreated.
  8. Garner, NC
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 22:26
    @no1marauder said
    I object to your ludicrous assertion that the idea is something Democrats if "a party in power" would pursue. It's just another example of right wing pretend paranoia which is part of their never ending pity party over how badly you poor dears are mistreated.
    I never thought they'd go so far as to arbitrarily select a subset of the population and give that subset of voters payments of $10,000 each right before a major election.

Turns out, on some things, I've not been paranoid enough.

I didn't think they'd pack the Supreme Court, but we've seemingly come too close for comfort to that, but so far. thankfully no.

I also didn't think they'd conjure up a way to make DC into a State. That idea has come a little close for comfort.

And I didn't think they'd try to abolish the Electoral College. But that is uncomfortably close to being a reality.

And I would have not expected a scheme would be hatched to encourage "faithless electors" to emerge after Donald Trump was presumably elected in 2016. They failed, but they tried. I wasn't paranoid enough going into that battle.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 00:21
    Democrats are election deniers.

https://rumble.com/v1sf6ru-democrats-caught-denying-election-results-over-and-over-and-over.html
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 05:02
    @metal-brain said
    Democrats are election deniers.

https://rumble.com/v1sf6ru-democrats-caught-denying-election-results-over-and-over-and-over.html
    Good lord, stop posting the same irrelevant link. Crawl out of the cave.

In this thread's debate, it does not matter what party the candidate is affiliated with. Do you think someone should be allowed to run for public office while simultaneously undermining the entire process by which that someone is being elected?

To me these "stolen election" arguments are like a drunk providing excuses for why they didn't make it to the AA meeting.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 05:171 edit
    @wildgrass said
    Good lord, stop posting the same irrelevant link. Crawl out of the cave.

In this thread's debate, it does not matter what party the candidate is affiliated with. Do you think someone should be allowed to run for public office while simultaneously undermining the entire process by which that someone is being elected?

To me these "stolen election" arguments are like a drunk providing excuses for why they didn't make it to the AA meeting.
    Watch the link and I will stop posting relevant websites you would like to sweep under the rug. You would have to ban all sorts of democrats from running for merely talking. Do you want to repeal the 1st amendment of the constitution to do it? You clearly did not think this through.

You are just obsessed with Trump and want to prevent him from running in 2024. All Trump did was warn that mail in voting increases the risk of voter fraud which it does. Even Justice Clarence Thomas cited the expansion of mail-in voting as another reason to take the case at SCOTUS and said “fraud is more prevalent with mail-in ballots.” That is a fact, yet all sort of news outlets said that was a false claim. They lied.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 06:12
    @Metal-Brain
    Which it does IN A PIGS ASS YOU FRIGGING TRAITOR. The amount of fraud could be counted on one hand but you, being mentored by Putin, want to end democracy here so you will come up with ANY filthy POS line from ANY fringe site that you THINK makes you right and everyone else wrong.

You are one pathetic POS who should be in prison for being a traitor.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 06:19
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Which it does IN A PIGS ASS YOU FRIGGING TRAITOR. The amount of fraud could be counted on one hand but you, being mentored by Putin, want to end democracy here so you will come up with ANY filthy POS line from ANY fringe site that you THINK makes you right and everyone else wrong.

You are one pathetic POS who should be in prison for being a traitor.
    "The amount of fraud could be counted on one hand"

First off that is a false statement. Don't you remember when I won a bet with wildgrass because he claimed I could not find 10 documented cases of dead people voting? I won that bet and that is just a fraction of documented cases of voter fraud.

Now imagine how many were not caught. You don't know how much voter fraud goes undetected. How could you? You are making claims that are impossible to prove.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 18:17
    @metal-brain said
    Watch the link and I will stop posting relevant websites you would like to sweep under the rug. You would have to ban all sorts of democrats from running for merely talking. Do you want to repeal the 1st amendment of the constitution to do it? You clearly did not think this through.

You are just obsessed with Trump and want to prevent him from running in 2024. All Trum ...[text shortened]... il-in ballots.” That is a fact, yet all sort of news outlets said that was a false claim. They lied.
    Trumps not on the ballot either. Sheesh. Did you read the title of the thread?
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 18:24
    @metal-brain said
    "The amount of fraud could be counted on one hand"

First off that is a false statement. Don't you remember when I won a bet with wildgrass because he claimed I could not find 10 documented cases of dead people voting? I won that bet and that is just a fraction of documented cases of voter fraud.

Now imagine how many were not caught. You don't know how much voter fraud goes undetected. How could you? You are making claims that are impossible to prove.
    .....that is just a fraction of documented cases of voter fraud......

No! It's just a few handfuls of isolated cases. Even the 10 you identified were spread out over multiple elections cycles and political affiliations. It's not even close to a drop in a bucket towards anything resembling rigging or stealing elections. Anyone who makes these false claims should not be allowed into US politics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree