1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 18:561 edit
    @wildgrass said
    .....that is just a fraction of documented cases of voter fraud......

No! It's just a few handfuls of isolated cases. Even the 10 you identified were spread out over multiple elections cycles and political affiliations. It's not even close to a drop in a bucket towards anything resembling rigging or stealing elections. Anyone who makes these false claims should not be allowed into US politics.
    A conspiracy theorist is an amazing variety of analyst who can draw extravagant conclusions based on sample sizes of 2, 1 or even 0.

One occurrence of an event, or even one second-hand word-of-mouth report of an occurrence, is always one of two things: (1) The tip of the iceberg of a vast conspiracy if it comports with the conspiracist's worldview; or (1) A nothing-burger if it does not. This filter protects the conspiracist from having to think while simultaneously fostering a belief that he has the monopoly on truth.

Anyway, this is just another example of Mr. I-Don't-Like-Trump toeing the line for Trump as he does at least 9 times out of 10. The only thing lower than an intellectually lazy crank is a disingenuous crank.

As you say, there is no evidence of mail-in voter fraud on any kind of scale that could conceivably affect the outcome of an election of any import to the nation. Indeed, it helps increase voter participation in elections by thousands or millions, thereby reducing the probability that a candidate for political office wins a race based on a skewed sampling of an electorate that, as a whole, is opposed to the candidate. If preserving democracy is what one desires, then that is a good thing!
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 01:07
    @soothfast said
    A conspiracy theorist is an amazing variety of analyst who can draw extravagant conclusions based on sample sizes of 2, 1 or even 0.

One occurrence of an event, or even one second-hand word-of-mouth report of an occurrence, is always one of two things: (1) The tip of the iceberg of a vast conspiracy if it comports with the conspiracist's worldview; or (1) A nothing-b ...[text shortened]... s opposed to the candidate. If preserving democracy is what one desires, then that is a good thing!
    You are a conspiracy theorist projecting it onto others because you are ashamed that you are a conspiracy theorist. You are an election denier and you know it.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 01:10
    @wildgrass said
    .....that is just a fraction of documented cases of voter fraud......

No! It's just a few handfuls of isolated cases. Even the 10 you identified were spread out over multiple elections cycles and political affiliations. It's not even close to a drop in a bucket towards anything resembling rigging or stealing elections. Anyone who makes these false claims should not be allowed into US politics.
    Stop lying.

The reason I won the bet is because I found a website with all cases of voter fraud. The number is in the hundreds. Still a small percentage relatively speaking, but much more than sonhouse claimed.

Care to make another bet?
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 03:51
    @metal-brain said
    You are a conspiracy theorist projecting it onto others because you are ashamed that you are a conspiracy theorist. You are an election denier and you know it.
    I can tell you that you're an even worse psychoanalyst than you are a logician, and that's saying something.

How am I an election denier, exactly?
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 03:53
    @metal-brain said
    Stop lying.

The reason I won the bet is because I found a website with all cases of voter fraud. The number is in the hundreds. Still a small percentage relatively speaking, but much more than sonhouse claimed.

Care to make another bet?
    "Hundreds" in the numerator. Care to figure out the denominator?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:01
    @soothfast said
    I can tell you that you're an even worse psychoanalyst than you are a logician, and that's saying something.

How am I an election denier, exactly?
    You think Trump stole the 2016 election from Hillary Clinton because you believed the conspiracy theory she put forth. Russiagate. You believed the conspiracy theory that Trump colluded with the Russian government.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:05
    @soothfast said
    "Hundreds" in the numerator. Care to figure out the denominator?
    The majority of voter fraud cases are the fraudulent use of absentee ballots.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:10
    @metal-brain said
    The majority of voter fraud cases are the fraudulent use of absentee ballots.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud
    Do you know what I mean by the denominator?
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:15
    @metal-brain said
    You think Trump stole the 2016 election from Hillary Clinton because you believed the conspiracy theory she put forth. Russiagate. You believed the conspiracy theory that Trump colluded with the Russian government.
    Huh?

Not even.

When have I ever said such a thing? I'll give you a hint: never.

The great tragedy of the 2016 election was the Electoral College, but that's not a conspiracy.

You are f​u​cking losing the plot.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:20
    @Soothfast
    You believed the conspiracy theory that Trump colluded with the Russian government.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:231 edit
    @metal-brain said
    @Soothfast
    You believed the conspiracy theory that Trump colluded with the Russian government.
    To win the 2016 election? No, I don't believe that. Maybe Trump would have liked to collude. Maybe he tried and failed. In the end the 2016 election was not compromised to any degree that could affect the outcome. Or so I believe. It's the Electoral College that screwed over the country in the worst way possible.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:48
    @soothfast said
    To win the 2016 election? No, I don't believe that. Maybe Trump would have liked to collude. Maybe he tried and failed. In the end the 2016 election was not compromised to any degree that could affect the outcome. Or so I believe. It's the Electoral College that screwed over the country in the worst way possible.
    So you don't like the rules because your side lost?
    Hillary Clinton knew the rules and how to play by them. It is not as if she woke up one day and was told the popular vote isn't how you win an election. If you had your way nobody would campaign in Wyoming and the people there would question why they should vote at all.
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 05:00
    @metal-brain said
    So you don't like the rules because your side lost?
    Hillary Clinton knew the rules and how to play by them. It is not as if she woke up one day and was told the popular vote isn't how you win an election. If you had your way nobody would campaign in Wyoming and the people there would question why they should vote at all.
    I see you're moving on after your psychoanalysis whiffed.

For one who is perennially protesting that the system is rotten, you sure spend an awful lot of time defending its most anachronistic features.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 05:03
    @soothfast said
    I see you're moving on after your psychoanalysis whiffed.

For one who is perennially protesting that the system is rotten, you sure spend an awful lot of time defending its most anachronistic features.
    You believed the conspiracy theory that Trump colluded with the Russian government. You are a liar for denying that.
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 05:08
    @metal-brain said
    You believed the conspiracy theory that Trump colluded with the Russian government. You are a liar for denying that.
    You know, there is just no need to respond to this. It speaks for itself. One thing I never do on this forum is lie about what I believe.

So f​u​ck you for your accusation, kiddo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree