1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Mar '22 13:53
    @metal-brain said
    You clearly do not want peace in Ukraine. You are using every excuse to avoid an agreement to achieve peace. Who do you think you are fooling?

You are in full support of a long and bloody proxy war. You would probably take the weapons there yourself to help Ukrainians kill Russians if you had to.
    I would do anything in my power to help Ukrainians kill and maim as many Russian invaders as possible. It’s not that I hate Russians their lives are as precious as anyone else’s but Putin must fail otherwise NATO will have to kill even more of them in Poland or the Baltic’s. Plus Ukraine has the undeniable right to self defence when it’s territory is invaded.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '22 14:33
    @kevcvs57 said
    I would do anything in my power to help Ukrainians kill and maim as many Russian invaders as possible. It’s not that I hate Russians their lives are as precious as anyone else’s but Putin must fail otherwise NATO will have to kill even more of them in Poland or the Baltic’s. Plus Ukraine has the undeniable right to self defence when it’s territory is invaded.
    All of that applies to Iraq and Libya. Would you have done anything in your power to help Iraqis kill and maim as many American invaders as possible?

Does your own double standard elude you or are you trying to justify the double standard. The invasions of Iraq and Libya were wars of choice too. Iraq and Libya had the undeniable right to self defense when it’s territory was invaded.

Let go of that cognitive dissonance. Your hypocrisy is evident.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '22 14:411 edit
    @contenchess said
    Living in your basement will not protect you from radiation. 🙄

The number of nukes between the USA and Russia/China would cause nuclear winter. (No crops...no food)

Humans would survive in places but life would not be worth living.
    I didn't say living in your basement will protect you from all of the radiation. I said some of it.

I am not convinced a nuclear war would result in a nuclear winter. Nukes are designed to detonate before they hit the ground to minimize dust clouds. It might not be as bad as some speculated.

People (though not all people) have survived naturally caused climate disruptions before. I think you are making more out of it than justified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_winter_of_536

The radiation would be the worst part of a nuclear war. Of course some places would become uninhabitable. That is why Biden is being stupid. If Russia starts losing the war in Ukraine they might decide a nuclear first strike on the USA is the best option for survival of their country.

Americans would lose interest in arming Ukraine because they would have far greater problems at home. You need to remember Russia has hyper sonic missiles. That gives them an advantage with a first strike. You should worry about that.

This talk of imposing a no fly zone in Ukraine is madness. That could easily turn into a nuclear war.
  4. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    13 Mar '22 19:22
    @Metal-Brain

The USA and Russia have over 5 thousand nukes EACH.
    China has a lot (not sure about the number)

Every 50 miles would be a nuclear blast zone. 😳

I agree with you that people could survive but why would you want to?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Mar '22 20:11
    @Contenchess
    If it came to that, people would still try to survive. It is what we do. One good thing, if that happened, it wouldn't happen again......
  6. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    13 Mar '22 21:09
    @sonhouse

True.

I would probably be nuked because I'm right beside the Niagara Falls power plant that powers the entire north east of North America and Toronto is on the other side of me so...

It was nice knowing yall 👋
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '22 01:30
    @contenchess said
    @Metal-Brain

The USA and Russia have over 5 thousand nukes EACH.
    China has a lot (not sure about the number)

Every 50 miles would be a nuclear blast zone. 😳

I agree with you that people could survive but why would you want to?
    Here is the thing.....if that is really true why did they build that many?
    I also think you might have your number wrong. I heard it was closer to 4 thousand. Are you sure it is 5 thousand each? The USA has less warheads than Russia. More missiles, but less warheads.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '22 01:34
    @contenchess said
    @sonhouse

True.

I would probably be nuked because I'm right beside the Niagara Falls power plant that powers the entire north east of North America and Toronto is on the other side of me so...

It was nice knowing yall 👋
    I live not that far from Camp Grayling military base. That would be a target as well.
    I have real reason to be concerned about this.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Mar '22 01:59
    @metal-brain said
    Here is the thing.....if that is really true why did they build that many?
    I also think you might have your number wrong. I heard it was closer to 4 thousand. Are you sure it is 5 thousand each? The USA has less warheads than Russia. More missiles, but less warheads.
    Depends on if you count "inactive" and/or "retired". https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/nuclear-weapons-by-country
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Mar '22 02:07
    Some rather disturbing information:

"The United States also has an estimated 100 B-61 nuclear gravity bombs that are forward-deployed at six NATO bases in five European countries: Aviano and Ghedi in Italy; Büchel in Germany; Incirlik in Turkey; Kleine Brogel in Belgium; and Volkel in the Netherlands."

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/Nuclearweaponswhohaswhat

Yeah, Russia has nothing to worry about from NATO.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '22 02:51
    @no1marauder said
    Depends on if you count "inactive" and/or "retired". https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/nuclear-weapons-by-country
    Okay. So Russia has 1,458 active and 3039 available added together make 4497.
    Still a lot of warheads and more than the USA's 1,389 active and 2,361 available making 3750.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 Mar '22 02:52
    @no1marauder said
    Some rather disturbing information:

"The United States also has an estimated 100 B-61 nuclear gravity bombs that are forward-deployed at six NATO bases in five European countries: Aviano and Ghedi in Italy; Büchel in Germany; Incirlik in Turkey; Kleine Brogel in Belgium; and Volkel in the Netherlands."

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/Nuclearweaponswhohaswhat

Yeah, Russia has nothing to worry about from NATO.
    Japan is trying to get on to that list:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/01/china-rattled-by-calls-for-japan-to-host-us-nuclear-weapons
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '22 04:05
    People pushing for a no fly zone in Ukraine are either very naive or want a direct war with Russia.

https://rumble.com/vx83k7-ignorant-bought-and-paid-for-politicians-push-no-fly-zone-.....-and-world-w.html
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Mar '22 13:04
    @metal-brain said
    The USA and NATO invades as they see fit. They all use excuses for public rationalization though. They are killing their own people even though that is what happens in all civil wars. NATO used that excuse for Serbia and Libya invasions. So picking sides in a civil war is a common excuse. WMDs with Iraq. False flag invasions happen. I think the USS Maine was one to take t ...[text shortened]... back too. They all do it, not just Putin. The UK took back the Falkland Islands. Everybody does it.
    Stop lying and stop being stupid
    The bombing of Serbia and no fly zone imposed on Gadaffi ( not invasion as there was not one ) was carried out to support a UN resolution and to prevent greater civilian deaths.
    Russia is breaking every UN policy in the book with its unwarranted war of expansion in Ukraine.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Mar '22 15:40
    @metal-brain said
    The USA and NATO invades as they see fit.
    Yes. Doesn't excuse Russia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree