Foreign students as well,swarming our country

Foreign students as well,swarming our country

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20d
1 edit

@spruce112358 said
So, I used to live next to a Saudi in Vienna. He worked at the Embassy.

His children used to play in our small yard. They climbed our trees.

When I dined at his table, they served a lot of fruit. They were very friendly. The smell in their home was of cardamom. He did not wear robes and was not smelly.

He did not kill any homosexuals in my presence.

SO WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?
In case you do not realise it you are losing credibility with the following argument which have done several times.
- a point is made about a country in general
- you rebutt with "i know one of them and he is not like that"
- therefore you conclude that the point made is not true.

I cannot believe you are a learned and educated person. The human rights record in these Islamic states is dismal. In the case of the LGBQT community they face oppression and persecution and execution. Here is a Wiki extract about homosexuals in Saudi Arabia:

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in Saudi Arabia face challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents.[3] The government of Saudi Arabia provides no legal protections for LGBT rights. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity is illegal within the country.[4]: 135–136 

The law of Saudi Arabia is uncodified; a Wahhabist interpretation of sharia, derived from the Quran and the Sunnah, is the basis of the law and justice system.[5]: 205  In particular, the Quranic account of the prophet Lut and certain teachings of Muhammad in the Sunnah, as viewed in the Wahhabi tradition, inform the legal treatment of same-sex sexual activity and nonconforming-gender presentation. Homosexuality and transgender status or gender non-conformity are widely seen as immoral and indecent, and the law allows penalties for acts of homosexuality of capital punishment,[4]: 69–74 [1][6] prison sentences of indeterminate length[a][2] (the maximum term is unknown[7]), fines, flogging, and deportation for foreigners.[8] During investigations and detentions, mistreatment of suspects and detainees, including beatings and torture, have occurred.[5]: 208–209  Community violence against LGBT persons occurs.[9][10]

In May 2023, the Saudi Tourism Authority website updated its FAQ page stating that all visitors, including LGBT visitors, were welcome to visit the country.[11] Though homosexuality remains illegal, enforcement of the laws is not universal.[12] The move follows a series of social and economic changes, including the abandonment of the enforcement of wearing the hijab in public,[13][14] and the opening of the first public beach in Saudi Arabia where women can wear bikinis.[15] The decision to host the 2034 FIFA World Cup within Saudi Arabia received strong criticism from the LGBT community.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia

Z

Moves
20d

@spruce112358 said
So, I used to live next to a Saudi in Vienna. He worked at the Embassy.

His children used to play in our small yard. They climbed our trees.

When I dined at his table, they served a lot of fruit. They were very friendly. The smell in their home was of cardamom. He did not wear robes and was not smelly.

He did not kill any homosexuals in my presence.

SO WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?
don't engage in anecdotes. it weakens your point.

his point is moronic and is not made less so because you had dinner with a muslim.

there are more than a billion muslims in the world, living their lives in peace, in democratic muslim countries. More than a billion muslims with varying degrees of religiosity, just like there are christians who have never stepped foot in a church in decades and there are christians who send death threats to planned parenthood doctors and nurses.

The reason why there are more muslim terrorists than christian terrorists is not because islam is full of hatred it's because it's really easy to recruit someone when they lost their entire family in a bomb dropped by a drone. When they are starving because of a siege or economic sanctions.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20d

@zahlanzi said

his point is moronic and is not made less so because you had dinner with a muslim.

there are more than a billion muslims in the world, living their lives in peace, in democratic muslim countries. More than a billion muslims with varying degrees of religiosity, just like there are christians who have never stepped foot ...[text shortened]... amily in a bomb dropped by a drone. When they are starving because of a siege or economic sanctions.
And people drop bombs on them because they are good for nothing terrorists ... you damn fool. People do not go dropping bombs on decent respectable Muslims.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
20d
1 edit

@wildgrass said
Joe I'm worried about you. You ok?
He’s a rich heir who is degenerating due to living in a bubble of affluence like the Hapsburgs did.

Lake Como

Moves
20d

@zahlanzi said

there are more than a billion muslims in the world, living their lives in peace, in democratic muslim countries. More than a billion muslims with varying degrees of religiosity, just like there are christians who have never stepped foot ...[text shortened]... amily in a bomb dropped by a drone. When they are starving because of a siege or economic sanctions.
What has that got to do with the USA and should they not improve their own country? Should we take on their problems? How much so? Did you see where we have invited people of the Palestine society, beliefs, religion, daily life, to live in our country? From a purely objective point of view, that does not make any sense. Even the sight of a beautiful spreading oak tree will throw them off balance. Last month my daughter saw one walking a Florida beach in full robed black hijab type regalia with only eyes showing

0 boy………

Lake Como

Moves
20d

@athousandyoung said
He’s a rich heir who is degenerating due to living in a bubble of affluence like the Hapsburgs did.
Nope.

Note as much as you say such things, I have not at all been hypocritical or untruthful. What have I said in last few posts which you consider out of lines.
I have complained about paying off the debts of others a lot. You can make fun of me all you want, but is that not a logical thing for me to say? It truly does not make any sense, especially when you know that Biden picked that group of people out of all of the other People in debt in the USA
Please tell me I am curious.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20d

@averagejoe1 said
What has that got to do with the USA and should they not improve their own country? Should we take on their problems? How much so? Did you see where we have invited people of the Palestine society, beliefs, religion, daily life, to live in our country? From a purely objective point of view, that does not make any sense. Even the sight of a beautiful spreading oak tree ...[text shortened]... ne walking a Florida beach in full robed black hijab type regalia with only eyes showing

0 boy………
France banned those full-face hijabs some years ago. More countries should do that.

Lake Como

Moves
20d

@rajk999 said
France banned those full-face hijabs some years ago. More countries should do that.
All masks should be banned world-wide. Humans should know who (What would be a better term) they are standing next to.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20d
2 edits

@AverageJoe1
Outstanding display of empathy. For a rat that is. I should not say that, it denigrates rats.
Your post shows extremely clearly just how fukking arrogant you are and how you think you are incredibly superior to any other culture on Earth.
Personally I don't like ANY religion, they are ALL man made not a god in sight even if there is one but you act like you are gods gift to something not even sure what that is. Tell me what IS your superiority all about?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20d

@averagejoe1 said
Sorry, I just love my bubble. Why would I want to leave it? My American Dream, you see. You, being outside my bubble, would likely want to interfere with my American dream Way of life. I can see that, because you all do, every day, want to interfere in the business of other people. If someone asks me to participate in payment of debts of other people, the money assessed ...[text shortened]... onhouse. Have you no shame?
“Gimme It! Free Stuff!”
NOW you get it. Chalk up a win for AvJoe.
If only you'd stay in your bubble and not pollute the air with your nonsense.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20d

@averagejoe1 said
All masks should be banned world-wide. Humans should know who (What would be a better term) they are standing next to.
We just went through a pandemic.

God forbid people want to continue to protect themselves. I still wear a cloth mask at work while I am working, since almost 2000 people are out on the work floor. People have come to work with covid. I myself caught it from some douchebag who came to work with it. Stayed out 5 days and it was gone. But others aren't doing that.

And why are you standing in the way of people following their religion?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20d

@averagejoe1 said
Nope.

Note as much as you say such things, I have not at all been hypocritical or untruthful. What have I said in last few posts which you consider out of lines.
I have complained about paying off the debts of others a lot. You can make fun of me all you want, but is that not a logical thing for me to say? It truly does not make any sense, especially when you kno ...[text shortened]... group of people out of all of the other People in debt in the USA
Please tell me I am curious.
America is perfectly capable of paying for secondary education, if only we'd stop making nuclear weapons.

That one thing would improve the quality of life for ALL Americans. So please, STFU about it.

Lake Como

Moves
20d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Outstanding display of empathy. For a rat that is. I should not say that, it denigrates rats.
Your post shows extremely clearly just how fukking arrogant you are and how you think you are incredibly superior to any other culture on Earth.
Personally I don't like ANY religion, they are ALL man made not a god in sight even if there is one but you act like you are gods gift to something not even sure what that is. Tell me what IS your superiority all about?
No one cares what one thinks about religion, because there is no factual basis for such arguments. Lose it, feller.
I do not promote any ‘superiority’ ….only basic differences. Cool it, man. So emotional. Is it because Biden is tumbling. Does that mean Trump will run your country ? I can’t Wait!!

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
20d

@rajk999 said
People do not go dropping bombs on decent respectable Muslims.
What percent of Muslims would you say are decent and respectable?

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
20d

@zahlanzi said
Well, I often prefer anecdotes to sweeping generalizations.

For one thing, the anecdotes I relate are true.

But generalizations…?

So there’s that. I guess it’s what you like.