1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 15:39
    @vivify said
    It's well-known that racism and nationalism was a significant driving force behind Brexit. The fact that it wasn't the only factor for leaving doesn't change this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/20/racism-on-the-rise-since-brexit-vote-nationwide-study-reveals

Racism rising since Brexit vote, nationwide study reveals
    Your article doesn’t support your assertion, it supports and examination of a rise in racism AFTER Brexit.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 15:41
    @vivify said
    The OP wasn't about individuals it about the Swedish government, one of many European governments where right-wingers are starting to take control. This is a rising trend in Europe.
    In your OP you claim “all of Europe is moving far right”.

Perhaps you should be clearer in what you mean instead of making shrill assertions and generalisations.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 15:48
    @divegeester said
    In your OP you claim “all of Europe is moving far right”.

Perhaps you should be clearer in what you mean instead of making shrill assertions and generalisations.
    Okay, now you know I was referring to European governments. Let's get back to the topic.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 15:53
    @divegeester said
    Your article doesn’t support your assertion, it supports and examination of a rise in racism AFTER Brexit.
    Oh, so that spike in overt racism sprung out of nowhere totally unrelated to Brexit?

We've discussed this topic many times on this forum during Brexit; support for Brexit was lead by well-known racists like Nigel Farage, whose popularity increased during Brexit as he spread racist and nationalist rhetoric.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 16:201 edit
    @vivify said
    Oh, so that spike in overt racism sprung out of nowhere totally unrelated to Brexit?
    It’s irrelevant as related to your claim that “all of Europe is moving far right” and also your assertion that Brexit is part of the cause of that; you have NO evidence of this, you are making sweeping generalisations about both and drawing an unsubstantiated conjugation of the two.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 16:29
    @divegeester said
    It’s irrelevant as related to your claim that “all of Europe is moving far right” and also your assertion that Brexit is part of the cause of that; you have NO evidence of this,
    Of course not. Nobody believes Brexit is the cause of Europe becoming more like the USA.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 17:025 edits
    @divegeester said
    It’s irrelevant as related to your claim that “all of Europe is moving far right” and also your assertion that Brexit is part of the cause of that
    Your reading comprehension sucks. Brexit was listed as an example of moving toward the right not a cause.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 17:27
    @vivify said
    Your reading comprehension sucks. Brexit was listed as an example of moving toward the right not a cause.
    Oh ok, so now you are claiming that Brexit happened “because” “all of Europe is moving far right”?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 17:28
    @vivify said
    5 edits, really!
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 17:31
    @divegeester said
    Oh ok, so now you are claiming that Brexit happened “because” “all of Europe is moving far right”?
    Europe is moving toward the far right. Brexit is one example. Can't make this any clearer.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 17:33
    @divegeester said
    5 edits, really!
    I was struggling to think of an explanation that even a child could understand since you have piss-poor reading comprehension. No one else on this thread believes I was claiming Europe is moving right because of Brexit.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 17:33
    @vivify said
    Europe is moving toward the far right. Brexit is one example. Can't make this any clearer.
    No it isn’t, and no it isn’t, and you have no evidence to claim otherwise. I can’t make it any clearer either.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 17:34
    @vivify said
    I was struggling to think of an explanation that even a child could understand since you have piss-poor reading comprehension. No one else on this thread believes I was claiming Europe is moving right because of Brexit.
    Your sweeping generalisations, inferences and assertions are piss poor. No amount of editing will help that.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 17:37
    @divegeester said
    Your sweeping generalisations, inferences and assertions are piss poor. No amount of editing will help that.
    Yet you're the only one who misunderstood the OP.

I've always wondered why the General Forum hates you so much. Thanks for clearing that up.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 18:31
    @vivify said
    Yet you're the only one who misunderstood the OP.
    Nice strawman defence of your unsubstantiated claims.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree