1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 13:301 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Exactly Russia shut it down so no skin off their nose if it’s damaged and a handy propaganda stunt for the conspiracy theorists like MB
    Does it really make sense for any Baltic state or the US to kickstart this. If not Russia the only other option would be Ukraine but still incredibly stupid if it is them.
    Russia shut it down only last month and an option to reactivate it if the Euros come crawling this winter would certainly be useful to them.

Still anything is possible though it would seem the Ukraine would have the most logical motive if it is sabotage.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 13:58
    @no1marauder said
    Russia shut it down only last month and an option to reactivate it if the Euros come crawling this winter would certainly be useful to them.

Still anything is possible though it would seem the Ukraine would have the most logical motive if it is sabotage.
    Short of seismic activity which is localised enough not to register or a really high and sharp increase in pressure which found weak spots in the pipeline it’s almost certainly sabotage but no one will be holding their hands up to it so I guess time will tell, or not.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 17:42
    @kevcvs57 said
    Short of seismic activity which is localised enough not to register or a really high and sharp increase in pressure which found weak spots in the pipeline it’s almost certainly sabotage but no one will be holding their hands up to it so I guess time will tell, or not.
    Mother Nature's ability to wreak havoc on the creations of Man remains impressive as the State of Florida recently rediscovered. Plus all sides seem to deem it politically advantageous to label the incident "sabotage" and blame the other side(s).

So I'm not convinced and await an impartial investigation.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 19:06
    @kevcvs57 said
    Or some curious critter decided to chew on it for a while or a whale crashed into it
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 23:06
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah that’s right because the CIA always warn governments about their upcoming covert sabotage attacks on their infrastructure.
    Are you really this dumb
    It’s Russia, either laying the ground work for their future attacks on Danish and Norwegian pipelines that feed Europe or hopefully the threat of that potential will be one more pretty marble in Russias negotiations bag if / when negotiations begin.
    What is wrong with you?
    The CIA knew it would be sabotaged and warned Germany. If it was not the CIA who was it? If the CIA didn't do it, but knew who was going to do it then they should say who did it.

Regardless of who did it the CIA knows. Ask them. They warned Germany. DUH!
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 06:361 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah it was son you obviously spend way to much time on conspiracy websites to see what’s actually happening on the world stage. The US has long been opposed to the building and activation of Nordstream 2 one of the reasons Trump gave for his disdain of NATO was US funds defending Western Europe from the Russian threat whilst Western Europe guzzled Russian oil and gas and Bi ...[text shortened]... no less critical off the scheme.
    You do realise that diplomacy is meant to be subtle by definition.
    You lie a lot. It was already shut down for maintenance. There was no incentive for Russia to do it. Stop listening to Fiona Hill's lies. She is a paid liar and propaganda tool.

https://rumble.com/v1m3ci1-gas-leak-theory-who-sabotaged-russias-nord-stream-pipelines-the-most-likely.html
  7. Subscriberhappy chappy
    I think not alot
    On my arse
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 07:42
    That pipeline would have been under surveillance.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 08:461 edit
    @metal-brain said
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-blew-russian-gas-pipelines-nord-stream-1-2-says-former-polish-defense-minister
    I logged in this morning just for your opening post on this 🤣
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 08:49
    @metal-brain said
    There was no incentive for Russia to do it.
    … and there’s the other piece.

So without reading the rest of this thread, I’m guessing your premise here is Biden did it because he’s a Democrat and Putin didn’t because you read it on a pro MAGA website.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 08:51
    @happy-chappy said
    That pipeline would have been under surveillance.
    It is a long pipeline at the bottom of the sea. Don't be silly.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 08:52
    @divegeester said
    … and there’s the other piece.

So without reading the rest of this thread, I’m guessing your premise here is Biden did it because he’s a Democrat and Putin didn’t because you read it on a pro MAGA website.
    Biden said he was going to do it.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 08:54
    @metal-brain said
    Biden said he was going to do it.
    If that’s true then one does wonder where all the fuss about who did it is coming from…
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 08:55
    @metal-brain said
    It is a long pipeline at the bottom of the sea. Don't be silly.
    Oh of course … and they don’t make snorkels that long do they 👍🏼
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 09:01
    @divegeester said
    If that’s true then one does wonder where all the fuss about who did it is coming from…
    The video of Biden saying he would is in that link in my OP. Here it is again.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-blew-russian-gas-pipelines-nord-stream-1-2-says-former-polish-defense-minister
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 09:07
    @divegeester said
    Oh of course … and they don’t make snorkels that long do they 👍🏼
    It could have been a unmanned underwater vehicle. Even if you saw it you would not know who did it. Poland and Ukraine gain from it and Biden said he would do it. The CIA was in on it regardless of who did it. They warned Germany it would happen so they know who did it.

Blaming Russia makes no sense, but that is the propaganda Fiona Hill and others are spreading.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree